U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 09:35 AM

28,807 posts, read 25,637,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
And this is why we don't want socialized medical care here in the land of the free.
There've been tons of "wrong place" and "wrong patient" and "wrong surgery" screw-ups here in the land of the free.

According to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, an orthopedic surgeon has a 25% chance of operating on the wrong site at some point during his career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 09:38 AM

8,784 posts, read 6,054,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That would change with the keratinization and desensitization. There's something that man has to look forward to.
I know it changes EVENTUALLY.

Not sure I'd call that "looking forward to something" though, as I imagine this takes some of the sensation away during sexual intercourse as well.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:45 AM

1,666 posts, read 678,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
There've been tons of "wrong place" and "wrong patient" and "wrong surgery" screw-ups here in the land of the free.

According to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, an orthopedic surgeon has a 25% chance of operating on the wrong site at some point during his career.
I don't think that this is true so much today. Anyone who goes into either the outpatient surgery centers or a hospital know the lengths they go through to make sure they have the right patient and the right procedure. I suppose it could still happen that if you are in to have your gall bladder out they take something else instead. I think there is more chances of something being left behind because of incompetent staff who don't count what is given and what is returned before closing up.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:01 AM

3,822 posts, read 3,092,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Wasn`t like he was given a vasectomy. Variety is the spice of life.
Twenty two years ago, almost to the day, I went into a California reproductive health clinic for a routine procedure. And I left with a vasectomy.

Oh, wait: that's why I went in, for that routine procedure!

Best $300 in 1997 dollars I ever spent, age 29. God knows how many beartraps I've avoided since due to that stellar decision.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:28 AM

11,298 posts, read 6,321,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I know it changes EVENTUALLY.

Not sure I'd call that "looking forward to something" though, as I imagine this takes some of the sensation away during sexual intercourse as well.
Yeah I wouldn't either. I wouldn't want anything cut off my genitals. It doesn't sound fun at all.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:42 PM

21,853 posts, read 11,237,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Almost 50 years ago I was in the hospital for 3 days for what today would be minor surgery. It was back in the day where there were usually two patients per room. The man in the other bed was supposed to have his leg amputated due to diabetes. They amputated the wrong leg.
Then they amputated the other leg. He tried to sue but the lawyer told him he didn’t have a leg to stand on.

Old 03-26-2019, 06:20 PM

15,282 posts, read 17,260,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
I knew a guy who had to be circumcised for medical reasons at the age of 45. He said it was the worst thing that had ever happened to him.
For me it was at age 21. Pretty much the heart of my 'sowing wild oats phase'. That said, it was not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, although it led to a great deal of anxiety in the weeks leading up to the surgery and during the several week recovery period. Now I am glad I had it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
You probably never learned what it really is. It's not just skin. It's a lot of nerve endings as well. Read up on it. You're not as fully functional and intact as someone who has never been circumcised (ie people in Europe and other countries).
I am fully functional and get a great deal of pleasure from sex, and if anything, I have more control over my act, if you know what I am saying, which is appreciated by my partner who may take a bit longer to be satisfied.

I had a sex life before and after circumcision so I, unlike many people, actually know what I am talking about.

That said, by and large, I think male circumcision is unneccessary and should not be the default, but some people, especially those who were circumcised as babies, seem to think they are missing out on something and it makes them desperately insecure.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:02 PM

3,018 posts, read 1,187,742 times
^On the contrary most "intactivists" seem to be uncircumcised men who THINK circumcised men wonder what they're missing and secretly pine to have their foreskins back when in reality 99.7% don't care.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:09 PM

1,017 posts, read 502,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Well, either way I am glad I am circumcised. Most of the women I have ever been with preferred the look as well. Everything works so I have no complaints lol
I'm going to call BS on this. Women in UK prefer what they are used to and that is fully functional and intact. I lived in the UK for some time and, having been born in America, it became a conversation with the women I dated in the UK. Not necessarily to the point where it was a problem, but the women definitely had a preference for what the norm is.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:16 PM

15,282 posts, read 17,260,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
I'm going to call BS on this. Women in UK prefer what they are used to and that is fully functional and intact. I lived in the UK for some time and, having been born in America, it became a conversation with the women I dated in the UK. Not necessarily to the point where it was a problem, but the women definitely had a preference for what the norm is.
I was circumcised while living in Norway where intact foreskins are the norm. I never had a social/sexual problem in the least. In fact I think I punched above my weight on the basis of being an 'interesting American'. Maybe your dating pool was very immature?

Sure they may have thought it was interesting and talked about it, sometimes women gossip about their partners, I'm afraid. Like you said yourself, it was never to the point where it was a problem, so who cares what their preference might be. I have a lot of preferences regarding an ideal sexual partner's body, but I live in the real world and have appreciated every women for who she is and what she 'had', bodywise.

I don't know what to tell you. It sounds like you have a sorry sex life due to your insecurities. You might want to look at therapy since one thing is for sure, your foreskin ain't coming back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or