Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 03:36 PM

18 posts, read 32,789 times

Advertisements

Continuing the propaganda lie of German guilt for WWII and German responsibility for all the damages and losses caused by it, as well as perpetuating the lie about the "biggest crime against humanity" committed by "Hitler's willing executioners" is another way of continuing genocide against the German people in times of peace, because these lies make Germany effectively defenseless against all sorts of accusations, claims, threats etc. and prevent the German people from making politics in their own basic national interest, i.e. preserving its people and nation from vanishing e.g. due to alien cultural domination and demographic shrinking." Germar Rudolf

Culture Clash: Germans-Germany-Nazifying-Ralph Raico

Old 03-26-2019, 04:34 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,321,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So? They can't make a charitable gesture, even though "all accounts have been settled"? Apparently they don't feel that their family account has been settled.

Since the free labor in their factories consisted of French and Russian POW's, it would have been interesting, if they'd decided to set up a couple of charitable foundations in France and Russia, instead of making a gift to their own government...
I completely agree with you- can’t give you rep for some reason: just a small correction- the enslaved people were not POW the French could be Jewish civilians and political prisoners who were sent to Germany to work; and the Russians were not POW-
as well- the Germans loaded numerous trains from occupied territories with Russian CIVILIAN youth-16-17-18 year olds - to work at the factories and farms in Germany.

Old 03-26-2019, 05:21 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,481,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I'm not a fan of reparations. I am not responsible for what someone else did. My job is to do the best I can in my life time. If this family feels that they can do some good with their actions, then that's their choice. I'm not sure how they do it without it coming off as a publicity stunt.
No one says that the individual owners of this company in the 21st century are morally responsible for what previous owners did.

However, they are acknowledging that the wealth to which they are heirs was built, in part, on the use of slave labor. Ultimately, the profits that resulted from that evil were poured back into the company, which was passed down to today's owners.

For those who are still flabbergasted at the concept of making amends, let me quote a certain American president:
Quote:
The legislation that I am about to sign provides for a restitution payment to each of the 60,000 surviving Japanese-Americans of the 120,000 who were relocated or detained. Yet no payment can make up for those lost years. So, what is most important in this bill has less to do with property than with honor. For here we admit a wrong; here we reaffirm our commitment as a nation to equal justice under the law.
President Ronald Reagan, upon signing the Civil Liberties Act of 1988, which included redress for unjustly interred Japanese-Americans during World War II
Reagan understood that to admit culpability - on behalf of a nation, which like a company or a family has continuity (legal, financial, etc.) - is not shameful but is an honorable act.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:45 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,334,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Krispy Kreme was started by locals in Winston Salem NC. Now that they grew and sold out to these people, the original owners must be stirring in their seats....of course they didn't know the history until now.
I am sure many Winston Salem, NC locals might find slave owners in their heritage. Then again, so could many African-Americans.

Or any American, of any heritage, has benefited from their country's dubious exploits abroad. Or almost anyone of any developed nation.

Everyone is descended from people who took advantage of another people at one time or another. Maybe I should seek reparations from the Danes who capitalized on Norwegian resources and labor for 400 years whie keeping the country practically in the dark ages.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:24 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,354,470 times
I’ve also had the displeasure of uncovering something abhorrent during genealogical research. It’s not easy to face the knowledge that somebody in your family tree was capable of horrific cruelty. I admire the family for bringing it all out into the open and attempting to create something good from the terrible wrongs of those in their family’s past who embraced their the Nazi cause.

Old 03-27-2019, 04:07 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,891,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I'm not a fan of reparations. I am not responsible for what someone else did. My job is to do the best I can in my life time. If this family feels that they can do some good with their actions, then that's their choice. I'm not sure how they do it without it coming off as a publicity stunt.
I guess I missed the part where you said you were going to pay. What you dislike is completely irrelevant to what they are doing. If they want to spend their money I think they should be able to do so.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:02 AM

6,784 posts, read 4,221,333 times
Apparently their honor isn’t keeping them from having the company based in a tax haven rather than their own country (which will save them a lot more than the 11m they donate).

Id also think that given the company was in chemicals - i.e. a war-relevant industry - during WW2 the fact they used forced labor isnt especially surprising (i.e. hard to believe they didnt know). Given the fact that most able-bodied men were needed elsewhere, it was an unethical but certainly sensible business decision that would have been strongly encouraged by the government. I also have zero doubt that most current day big companies would do the same given their long history of not giving a damn about the conditions of workers in their overseas factories and sweatshops.

I think the real thing they are embarrassed about is that their family patriarchs didnt just do it out of opportunism (like say Oskar Schindler) but actually agreed with the politics of it. Now greed can be justified..but being an actual Nazi..thats socially quite unacceptable.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:11 AM

12,840 posts, read 865,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I am sure many Winston Salem, NC locals might find slave owners in their heritage. Then again, so could many African-Americans.

Or any American, of any heritage, has benefited from their country's dubious exploits abroad. Or almost anyone of any developed nation.

Everyone is descended from people who took advantage of another people at one time or another. Maybe I should seek reparations from the Danes who capitalized on Norwegian resources and labor for 400 years whie keeping the country practically in the dark ages.
Yes, we are and everyone should remember that.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:08 AM

50,759 posts, read 24,253,304 times
This is another example of what I feel is not a simple issue, but is actually rather complex.

If the wealth or power trickles down to descendants, then I think there is a responsibility to do something to make up for what ancestors did. If wealth or power does not trickle down, then I don't see the responsibility to do something to make up for what ancestors did.

Old 03-27-2019, 02:58 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,875,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterMorn View Post
Continuing the propaganda lie of German guilt for WWII and German responsibility for all the damages and losses caused by it, as well as perpetuating the lie about the "biggest crime against humanity" committed by "Hitler's willing executioners" is another way of continuing genocide against the German people in times of peace, because these lies make Germany effectively defenseless against all sorts of accusations, claims, threats etc. and prevent the German people from making politics in their own basic national interest, i.e. preserving its people and nation from vanishing e.g. due to alien cultural domination and demographic shrinking." Germar Rudolf

Culture Clash: Germans-Germany-Nazifying-Ralph Raico
Huh? Germany has acknowledged it's guilt and dealt with it. But what propaganda lie are you talking about? What ""continuing genocide against the German people" are we talking about exactly?

Am I reading this right? - Hope you are not seriously preaching the crazy-ass holocaust denial script, that will get you banned real quick. Stormfront ("Stormfront is a white nationalist, white supremacist, antisemitic, Holocaust denial, neo-Nazi Internet forum, and the Web's first major racial hate site") forum might be more to your liking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events