U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 03:29 PM

6,381 posts, read 3,585,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Here's a little more detail:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/un...urb/ar-BBVgacz

"Day, the Rockland County executive, said authorities will not be searching for children who are not vaccinated, but are expecting parents and legal guardians to get their children vaccinated. However, he said, parents and guardians who are found to be in violation will be held accountable and their cases will be referred to the district attorney’s office. Such a violation will be considered a misdemeanor, punishable by a $500 fine or up to six months in jail."

"Before the introduction of the measles vaccine in 1963, most children contracted the illness — an estimated 3 million to 4 million patients were infected each year in the United States, according to CDC data. Of those, 48,000 were hospitalized, 400 to 500 died and 1,000 others suffered a severe complication known as encephalitis, a condition in which the brain swells because of an infection."

I know so many people think it's their right to do such and such, or their right not to do such and such. And I would agree, EXCEPT where the health of other people are concerned.

I see so many anti-vaxxers complain about second hand smoke from smokers or how obese people and teens having babies cost us all so much money. But they never stop to think that what they do when they refuse to vaccinate their kids does the same thing to other people. Look at that: 48,000 people hospitalized. How much did that cost US taxpayers?

It's like someone who lives on a hill and uses the stream running through their property as a lavatory. They say they were there first, that it's their stream on their property, or that they have a right to do what they want on their property. But they're not thinking about the people who live downstream. They're not thinking of the other people who will be affected by the feces and bacteria that flow downstream. What's worse, when you point it out, they say they don't care. As long as they can do what they want to do because, you know, rights.

All I know is my friend is on edge yet again because of the measles epidemic in Washington. The measles vaccine doesn't take with her and as an adult, if she gets measles, she'll really be in trouble. And it's infuriating that she has to worry about something like this AGAIN because some parents selfishly refuse to vaccinate their children.

NICU? If I had a baby in there, I would be screaming if they let in people who weren't vaccinated. Not only that, but I'd be screaming if they let in any kids at all. Kids are little germ factories. There's no telling what they could be passing on to premies and other newborns.
Only parents and grandparents were allowed in the NICU. Were all the Parents fully up to date on their vaccines? Did all the Mom's in there get their Flu and TDAP shots while pregnant?

I saw one Mom nursing her baby in a chair in the NICU, around all the other parents in there. If she was immune, then she would pass on her antibodies to her infant. I know my DIL also went into the NICU to nurse her son but she had a C-Section and had to be wheeled in there. My daughter took us into the NICU but we grandparents were not allowed to hold our grandson in there. No, they did not ask to see 70 year olds vaccination records, IF we even had the records from way back when. They only asked my husband to turn off his cell phone and put it in a plastic container. I left my purse and cell phone in DIL's room.

When my younger grandson was born, his 3 year old brother went to her hospital room and held his little brother in her room. While he was vaccinated, think a 3 year old has had all the vaccinations he will ever have in his life? Actually, few days later he came down with a "stomach flu" which he passed all around the family, Mom and Dad included, and babysitters. Newborn brother was the only one who did not catch it from him. Daughter was nursing him.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:07 PM

9,595 posts, read 5,806,602 times
At the time that this emergency ban on unvaccinated minors from public places was put into place, the county had a grand total of five active measles cases in a county of over 300,000 people, mostly confined to an orthodox community.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:27 PM

23,425 posts, read 28,280,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Seriously? Born before 1957? Don't need that MMR. Born before 1980? Don't need that chicken Pox vax, but maybe you need a Shingles Vaccination!!!!

Check Birth Certificates for ages of all the Visitors too?
The child in the video has whooping cough, which she most likely caught from a relative who did not realize that ole persistent cough he had was due to pertussis. What you are saying is that you do not care whether you might be the family member who gives a baby pertussis. I have asked before many times and you have never answered: what is your concern about the Tdap vaccine?

Measles, chickenpox, and shingles are irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Only parents and grandparents were allowed in the NICU. Were all the Parents fully up to date on their vaccines? Did all the Mom's in there get their Flu and TDAP shots while pregnant?

I saw one Mom nursing her baby in a chair in the NICU, around all the other parents in there. If she was immune, then she would pass on her antibodies to her infant. I know my DIL also went into the NICU to nurse her son but she had a C-Section and had to be wheeled in there. My daughter took us into the NICU but we grandparents were not allowed to hold our grandson in there. No, they did not ask to see 70 year olds vaccination records, IF we even had the records from way back when. They only asked my husband to turn off his cell phone and put it in a plastic container. I left my purse and cell phone in DIL's room.

When my younger grandson was born, his 3 year old brother went to her hospital room and held his little brother in her room. While he was vaccinated, think a 3 year old has had all the vaccinations he will ever have in his life? Actually, few days later he came down with a "stomach flu" which he passed all around the family, Mom and Dad included, and babysitters. Newborn brother was the only one who did not catch it from him. Daughter was nursing him.
Going into a NICU when you have not taken the Tdap is totally irresponsible. Your family may not care, but you are putting other families' children at risk. That is a glaring example of anti-vax entitlement.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:41 PM

2,270 posts, read 881,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
By asking for their papers. That’s how the nazis did it.
Yes!

That's exactly how the Nazis protected everyone from measles!

I'm guessing that because you served up that inane bit of hysteria, you're utterly clueless that all 50 states require some suite of vaccinations before enrollment in public schools.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
Yes!

That's exactly how the Nazis protected everyone from measles!

I'm guessing that because you served up that inane bit of hysteria, you're utterly clueless that all 50 states require some suite of vaccinations before enrollment in public schools.
This isn’t about schools and most states have exemptions for schools anyway. This is about banning unvaccinated minors from pretty much all public places.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This is about banning unvaccinated minors from pretty much all public places ...
... until the measles outbreak is controlled so they will not potentially be exposed to measles, get infected, and give it to their unvaccinated family members and friends, thus continuing the epidemic.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:59 AM

5,171 posts, read 2,765,302 times
God damn anti vaxxer hippies... just get your f’ing MMR shots. They have “alternative” schedules that space out the series of booster to lower the interactions between other vaccines.

It’s always the damn hippies...

Old 04-04-2019, 07:30 AM

A lawsuit against the county has been filed and another one is in the works.
Doc: Response to measles outbreak out of proportion | Franklin Hamburg Lafayette NJ | Local News

Old 04-04-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
A lawsuit against the county has been filed and another one is in the works.
Doc: Response to measles outbreak out of proportion | Franklin Hamburg Lafayette NJ | Local News
Fitzpatrick is an idiot if she denies how serious measles is and the reason that unvaccinated children should not go to school during a measles outbreak.

The parents involved in the suit are also idiots.

A judge has already ruled against letting the children go to school.

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/loc...ss/3140386002/

"'The plaintiffs have not demonstrated that public interest weighs in favor of granting an injunction,' U.S. District Court Judge Vincent Briccetti said in federal court in White Plains."

The case count is now up to 161.

http://rocklandgov.com/departments/h...s-information/

"83.2% have had 0 MMRs"

"3.7% have had 1 MMR"

86% are under 18 years old, mostly school aged

That is why those who are unvaccinated should not go to school or be in large groups of people.

Old 04-04-2019, 10:35 AM

Name calling is a pretty low level debate tactic but suit your self. I am not at all surprised by the lawsuits as this ban on unvaccinated minors being in public in a county of 300,000 people where there are only 5 active cases mostly isolated to a religious community is overkill and is hyping fear, panic as well as hatred. I hope they win their suit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or