U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-10-2019, 12:07 PM
 
8,969 posts, read 5,579,539 times
Reputation: 9373

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Except thatís not whatís happening out here in the real world. Unethical doctors are granting exceptions for patients theyíve never seen or because some jerk of a parent pays them to do so. Since the letís trust the doctor method has failed, states are demanding doctors adhere to medically verifiable reasons. That way they can prosecute the unethical ones gaming the system.

What happened to the answer to my follow up question:

If a doctor declines to give a medical waiver, do you accept that decision? Iím assuming you do since theyíre the experts.

A few bad doctors donít spoil the whole bunch.

You edited your post after I replied. Thatís what happened to your follow up question.

I trust my doctor and we have as good relationship so I donít really see a situation where I would not accept their decision.

 
Old 04-10-2019, 12:08 PM
 
5,799 posts, read 4,376,891 times
Reputation: 12736
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
A few bad doctors don’t spoil the whole bunch.

You edited your post after I replied. That’s what happened to your follow up question.

I trust my doctor and we have as good relationship so I don’t really see a situation where I would not accept their decision.
Ok, so another follow up. If you trust your doctor and he says it’s safe for you to get a vaccine and he believes it will protect your health, then you get it. Right?
 
Old 04-10-2019, 12:09 PM
 
8,969 posts, read 5,579,539 times
Reputation: 9373
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
And whose fault is that? If it hadn't been for anti-vaxxers abusing the medical and religious exemptions and not getting their kids vaccinated in the first place, Kara's daughter wouldn't have a thing to worry about.

It’s no one’s fault. Kara said that her daughter did not qualify for a medical exemption. I guess you’d label her an “anti-vaxxer”? There are a lot people you’d call “anti-vaxxers” who were “pro-vaxxers’” up until their kid had a bad reaction to a vaccine.
 
Old 04-10-2019, 12:10 PM
 
8,969 posts, read 5,579,539 times
Reputation: 9373
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Ok, so another follow up. If you trust your doctor and he says it’s safe for you to get a vaccine and he believes it will protect your health, then you get it. Right?

Depends.

Have you ever disagreed with your doctor on anything?

Have you ever had a bad reaction to a medication?
 
Old 04-10-2019, 12:16 PM
 
5,799 posts, read 4,376,891 times
Reputation: 12736
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Depends.
Well that’s super vague. It’s a simple question. Your doctor, who you say you trust and follow his advice, thinks you should get a vaccine in his educated and knowledgeable opinion in order to best protect your health. If it “depends”, what does it depend on??
 
Old 04-10-2019, 12:21 PM
 
8,969 posts, read 5,579,539 times
Reputation: 9373
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Well that’s super vague. It’s a simple question. Your doctor, who you say you trust and follow his advice, thinks you should get a vaccine in his educated and knowledgeable opinion in order to best protect your health. If it “depends”, what does it depend on??
Have you ever disagreed with your doctor about anything? Have you ever had a bad reaction to a medication? Sorry my answer is too vague for you but it really does depend. It’s called a doctor patient relationship for a reason. My doctor and I have a great relationship and I respect and trust her a ton. That doesn’t mean that everything she says goes.

Maybe you prefer a more paternal style when it comes to doctors? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12005343
 
Old 04-10-2019, 12:32 PM
 
5,799 posts, read 4,376,891 times
Reputation: 12736
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I thought my position was clear and don’t believe I’ve been evading. This should be a decision made between a patient and their doctor. A doctor should be the one to grant exemptions without outside influences such as the ACIP or the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
They do have the education and knowledge to make those decisions. They also know their patients medical history better then anyone else. Why wouldn’t they be the best people to provide medical exemptions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
A few bad doctors don’t spoil the whole bunch.

You edited your post after I replied. That’s what happened to your follow up question.

I trust my doctor and we have as good relationship so I don’t really see a situation where I would not accept their decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Have you ever disagreed with your doctor about anything? Have you ever had a bad reaction to a medication? Sorry my answer is too vague for you but it really does depend. It’s called a doctor patient relationship for a reason. My doctor and I have a great relationship and I respect and trust her a ton. That doesn’t mean that everything she says goes.
Now I get it. You pay lip service to doctors making decisions about vaccine waivers until they say you should get a vaccine. Then you reserve the right to still refuse based on whatever criteria you deem appropriate. Makes the doctor’s opinion inconsequential. And makes any and all changes to the laws inconsequential as well. It’s not like you (and a bunch of folks like you) plan on following the guidelines or listening to your doctors advise on vaccines. You oppose the changes not because it’ll change your behavior, but because you don’t want to be hit with any downsides to that decision. You fear the loss of BS medical waivers because you’ll no longer be able to hide behind them.

You don’t believe it’s the educated and knowledgeable doctors who should decide, you believe the patient has the right to make the ultimate choice. I agree. But you also believe they then have the right to inflict that choice on society. I very much disagree. No one gets to decide for you and yet you want to decide for everyone.
 
Old 04-10-2019, 12:36 PM
 
8,969 posts, read 5,579,539 times
Reputation: 9373
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Now I get it. You think doctors should make decisions about vaccine waivers until they say you should get a vaccine. Then you reserve the right to still refuse based on whatever criteria you deem appropriate. Makes the doctor’s opinion inconsequential. And makes any and all changes to the laws inconsequential as well. It’s not like you plan on following the guidelines.

You don’t believe it’s the educated and knowledgeable doctors who should decide, you believe the patient has the right to make the ultimate choice. I agree. But you also believe they then have the right to inflict that choice on society. I very much disagree.
If my doctor told me that she would not issue a waiver for a medical exemption, I would respect her decision and she would still be my doctor. I can however still refuse to get a vaccine. I don’t see the conflict in that.

This thread isn’t about me by the way.

You didn’t answer my questions.
 
Old 04-10-2019, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
22,552 posts, read 27,508,553 times
Reputation: 28168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Have you ever disagreed with your doctor about anything? Have you ever had a bad reaction to a medication? Sorry my answer is too vague for you but it really does depend. Itís called a doctor patient relationship for a reason. My doctor and I have a great relationship and I respect and trust her a ton. That doesnít mean that everything she says goes.

Maybe you prefer a more paternal style when it comes to doctors?
What you are saying is you will not take a medication recommended by your doctor because you do not trust that recommendation, but you would trust her if she would provide a medical exemption for a condition not recognized to be a valid reason for it. Weird logic, if you ask me.
 
Old 04-10-2019, 12:39 PM
 
8,969 posts, read 5,579,539 times
Reputation: 9373
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What you are saying is you will not take a medication recommended by your doctor because you do not trust that recommendation, but you would trust her if she would provide a medical exemption for a condition not recognized to be a valid reason for it. Weird logic, if you ask me.
Youíre totally twisting things. Thatís not what I said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top