U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 02:03 PM

86,890 posts, read 102,319,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Name calling is a pretty low level debate tactic but suit your self. I am not at all surprised by the lawsuits as this ban on unvaccinated minors being in public in a county of 300,000 people where there are only 5 active cases mostly isolated to a religious community is overkill and is hyping fear, panic as well as hatred. I hope they win their suit.
Here's what happened in Kentucky: https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/04/healt...rnd/index.html

Old 04-04-2019, 02:08 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,767,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Just curious if someone's autoimmune-compromised child or infant too young to be vaxxed became seriously ill or even died because of someone's "right" to send their little bundle of germs out in public, would you support the parents if they brought a lawsuit against the unvaxxed child's parents, or would it be just another "conspiracy" in your mind?

You keep harping about this being five known active cases, but I don't think you realize that this has been going on in that community for six months now. Five is five too many.

Just because a person is unvaccinated does not mean that they are harboring vaccine preventable disease and are going around in a constant state of contagiousness. Even people who have all of their vaccines still can and do spread germs.

Are you talking about immune compromised or people with autoimmune disease? They are different things you know.

This outbreak has been going on for months yet not a single person has died or had any serious complications.

Yes, banning unvaccinated minors from public is overkill.

Old 04-04-2019, 02:12 PM

Um, yes, Children really were experiencing serious side effects as a result of the DTP vaccine. Believe it or not.
WashingtonPost.com: EXPOSED

Old 04-04-2019, 02:16 PM

21,676 posts, read 27,736,849 times
Quote:
Just because a person is unvaccinated does not mean that they are harboring vaccine preventable disease and are going around in a constant state of contagiousness. Even people who have all of their vaccines still can and do spread germs.
Is that what they taught you on Facebook? SMH. This thing is happening because of unvaccinated individuals, not the other way around.

Old 04-04-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Are you talking about immune compromised or people with autoimmune disease? They are different things you know.
Anyone who can't have the measles vaccination because of immune system issues.

Are you going to answer the question or just dance around it?

Old 04-04-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Is that what they taught you on Facebook? SMH. This thing is happening because of unvaccinated individuals, not the other way around.
lol. No, I didn’t learn about vaccines on Facebook. Sorry you feel the need to be condescending. It’s absolutely true that just because someone is unvaccinated does not mean that they are harboring disease or are contagious at all times.

Do you want to ban travel as well because measles was brought to the US from someone traveling overseas? Or just confine minors (what about the adults) to their homes?

Old 04-04-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Anyone who can't have the measles vaccination because of immune system issues.

Are you going to answer the question or just dance around it?
We have quite a bit of autoimmune disease in my family. Are you in favor of forcing us to get vaccinated for everything the government says we need to vaccinate for so that you can feel safer? If there are vaccine reactions for us will you feel bad?

Last edited by MissTerri; 04-04-2019 at 02:39 PM..

Old 04-04-2019, 02:28 PM

I see. You can't answer a simple question.

No one claimed that the unvaxxed are walking around with diseases or are contagious at all times. It's about minimizing risks for the general public.

I would be very much in favor of requiring those traveling to other countries with high rates of certain diseases be current on their vaccinations.

Old 04-04-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
We have quite a bit of autoimmune disease in my family. Are you in favor of forcing us to get vaccinated for everything the government says we need to vaccinate for so that you can feel safer? If there are vaccines reactions for us will you feel bad?
You obviously don't understand the point I was making.

My comments are specific to lifestyle antivaxxers, not those with legit medical reasons to not to vaccinate.

You seem hellbent on seeing conspiracy in every shadow.

Old 04-04-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
You obviously don't understand the point I was making.

My comments are specific to lifestyle antivaxxers, not those with legit medical reasons to not to vaccinate.

You seem hellbent on seeing conspiracy in every shadow.
What do you consider legit medical reasons not to vaccinate? Isn’t that a decision that one should make with their doctor? Would you like for those who have a family history of autoimmune disease to be vaccinated for everything on the schedule? Many people would absolutely like to see that. And if we were injured? There would be no recourse.

What conspiracies? Because I mentioned that a major industry and employment base in the County is pharmaceuticals? What were the other conspiracies that I “saw under every shadow”. You seem really angry. Lots of accusations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or