Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2019, 08:42 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
But if she was a child now, getting to ready to enter Kindergarten you’d tell Kara to homeschool her and accept the consequences of her choices not to vaccinate in spite of her reaction.
Again, I have no idea exactly what the reaction was. Nor do you. If her doctor felt her avoiding further vaccination was warranted, then a medical waiver should be issued.

If not and it was a unilateral parental decision, then yes, I’m fine with her being exclude from a public school in a state with mandatory vaccines for school attendance.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:44 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Again, I have no idea exactly what the reaction was. Nor do you. If her doctor felt her avoiding further vaccination was warranted, then a medical waiver should be issued.

If not and it was a unilateral parental decision, then yes, I’m fine with her being exclude from a public school in a state with mandatory vaccines for school attendance.
Kara told you that it didn’t qualify as a medical exemption so I’d assume that by the most narrow definition, it wouldn’t qualify. Doctor’s won’t have the final say.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:47 AM

9,848 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
Please provide links to legislation stating a seizure caused directly by a vaccine is not a valid medical exemption.
Did you miss Suzy's post on the previous page? Here's the part about seizures:

Febrile seizures are common after vaccination. They may scare the bejeebus out of parents but they are also benign.

"Febrile seizures are a common and typically benign childhood condition, occurring in 2-5% of children at some point during their first five years of life. Febrile seizures have an estimated background incidence of 240–480 per 100,000 person-years in children under five years, although this varies considerably by age, genetics, co-morbidities and environmental risk factors. There are no long-term effects of simple febrile seizures, with the possible exception of an increased risk of recurrence [1-4].

Considering the benign nature of simple febrile seizures, the rarity of vaccine-induced febrile seizures and the relative frequency of fever related to natural infection particularly among young children, the benefits of vaccination greatly outweigh the minimal risk of vaccine complications."

Old 04-10-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Kara told you that it didn’t qualify as a medical exemption so I’d assume that by the most narrow definition, it wouldn’t qualify. Doctor’s won’t have the final say.
How can you possibly need me to answer this question yet again!?! But, in the spirit of cooperation, here it is:

In the absence of a medical waiver, unvaccinated children should not be permitted to attend daycare, public school or brick and mortar colleges in states with mandatory vaccines for attendance of the afore mentioned.

Parents opting out of mandatory vaccines will need to make alternate arrangements for their children’s care and/or education.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
How can you possibly need me to answer this question yet again!?! But, in the spirit of cooperation, here it is:

In the absence of a medical waiver, unvaccinated children should not be permitted to attend daycare, public school or brick and mortar colleges in states with mandatory vaccines for attendance of the afore mentioned.

Parents opting out of mandatory vaccines will need to make alternate arrangements for their children’s care and/or education.

Thanks for being clear. What a dangerous road to be walking on. Hopefully none of your grandchildren will suffer a reaction that they won’t be granted exemptions for.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Did you miss Suzy's post on the previous page? Here's the part about seizures:

Febrile seizures are common after vaccination. They may scare the bejeebus out of parents but they are also benign.

"Febrile seizures are a common and typically benign childhood condition, occurring in 2-5% of children at some point during their first five years of life. Febrile seizures have an estimated background incidence of 240–480 per 100,000 person-years in children under five years, although this varies considerably by age, genetics, co-morbidities and environmental risk factors. There are no long-term effects of simple febrile seizures, with the possible exception of an increased risk of recurrence [1-4].

Considering the benign nature of simple febrile seizures, the rarity of vaccine-induced febrile seizures and the relative frequency of fever related to natural infection particularly among young children, the benefits of vaccination greatly outweigh the minimal risk of vaccine complications."
And here’s what the CDC says per Miss Terri’s link:

Contraindication:

DTaP (38) Severe allergic reaction (e.g., anaphylaxis) after a previous dose or to a vaccine component
Encephalopathy (e.g., coma, decreased level of consciousness, prolonged seizures), not attributable to another identifiable cause, within 7 days of administration of previous dose of DTP or DTaP

So if a child has seizures at any time within the 7 day window and they’re not due to an identifiable cause, further doses are contraindicated for the child and constitute a medical reason.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
And here’s what the CDC says per Miss Terri’s link:

Contraindication:

DTaP (38) Severe allergic reaction (e.g., anaphylaxis) after a previous dose or to a vaccine component
Encephalopathy (e.g., coma, decreased level of consciousness, prolonged seizures), not attributable to another identifiable cause, within 7 days of administration of previous dose of DTP or DTaP

So if a child has seizures at any time within the 7 day window and they’re not due to an identifiable cause, further doses are contraindicated for the child and constitute a medical reason.

Not a ferbrile seizure. Also that is only for DTap.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Thanks for being clear. What a dangerous road to be walking on. Hopefully none of your grandchildren will suffer a reaction that they won’t be granted exemptions for.
If they do and their parents determine they don’t want further vaccines, then they will have to find alternative arrangements. They would never expect special treatment or attempt to evade the consequences of their personal choices.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:05 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
WTF?! You really believe this crap? Looks like you’re the one buying into conspiracy theories.
Always a little micro-agression. You didn't read it, did you? He's saying that about antivaxers.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
If they do and their parents determine they don’t want further vaccines, then they will have to find alternative arrangements. They would never expect special treatment or attempt to evade the consequences of their personal choices.

I’m sure you’ll be fine with your grandkids not being able to attend college. A college degree has no impact on one’s life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events