U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM

4,098 posts, read 6,988,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
Or it's just a fact of sheer numbers. There are over 100,000 fast food establishments in the United States, and there's a 24/7 news cycle to fill. You do the math.
Yeah. I've been in many FF joints over the years, I've NEVER viewed any incident anywhere near this.
Almost always, things progress smoothly and I get my chow and leave.

As you say, statistically this will happen to someone somewhere some time.

I was a supermarket bagger and a produce worker as a high school student, ditto worked the counter and hauled heavy bags out to customers' cars at a discount store. Never had such incidents.

Throwing hot coffee is just shy of assault with a deadly weapon. It IS assault with intent to do great bodily harm. He should've been taken out back and stomped for a little while. He'd remember that more than some candy arse community service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM

14,382 posts, read 11,578,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
40 years later I still remember getting home from work and crying because of how badly people treated me.
I hate people.

Old Yesterday, 03:13 PM

14,382 posts, read 11,578,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Throwing hot coffee is just shy of assault with a deadly weapon.
It IS assault with intent to do great bodily harm.
I think so, too!!

Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM

55 posts, read 2,383 times
wow , what a douchebag that guy is , he's looking at 16 years in prison ....... i hope the young lady will be o.k , she suffered 1st degree burns on her face , neck & shoulder .

Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM

283 posts, read 50,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That, I agree with.

As for this case itself. There's several things.. Girl got first degree burns.. Seems McDonalds still hasn't learned their lesson about coffee temps.

Second, while this is in no way meant to excuse what the guy did, because that was totally wrong and there can be no justification for it. The cashier handled it somewhat poorly as well.. Apparently the girl gave him two coffees when he had only paid for one. at that point, you say.. "Oops.. I gave you two coffees accidentally.. Enjoy that second one on us". If he had given the coffee back, it would have had to have been tossed anyway. You don't give food to someone and then take it back and serve it to someone else.

Not blaming her for it, just saying that it could and probably should have been handled differently, which would have led to this situation never happening.
My God ... The guy is a 54 year old creepy animal who's probably been doing stuff like this his entire life.
Notice how he went right to "I know, I beat somebody up ..." when the police caught up to him. What kind of person thinks like that?
Some people don't deserve to live, and I'd bet he's one of them.

You'd think differently if this was done to someone in your family. Or would you?

Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM

6,636 posts, read 4,087,585 times
Oh, I'll bet Daddy beat the crap out of Deluca on a regular basis and now he's taking it out on the world at large.

Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM

4,098 posts, read 6,988,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Oh, I'll bet Daddy beat the crap out of Deluca on a regular basis and now he's taking it out on the world at large.
Whatever the genesis of his behavior, his mug shot shows no remorse and I do notice when most of these tough guys are visited by police officers they sing a different tune than when they can assault a harmless helpless undefended unprepared civilian just doing their job.

I hope mr tough guy gets his full 16 years, I expect he'll have tatts all over his head within a year or two once he settles in with his homies.

Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM

Location: Southern California native, last 20 yrs in Milwaukee Wisc.
1,175 posts, read 3,373,932 times
Hope he gets worked over good in prison. I really do.

Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM

17,948 posts, read 6,861,575 times
I hope he gets the full 16 year max, and if I were her, I'd surprisingly visit him in jail, to rub in the repercussions for his crimes against her

Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM

8,956 posts, read 3,493,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That, I agree with.

As for this case itself. There's several things.. Girl got first degree burns.. Seems McDonalds still hasn't learned their lesson about coffee temps.

Second, while this is in no way meant to excuse what the guy did, because that was totally wrong and there can be no justification for it. The cashier handled it somewhat poorly as well.. Apparently the girl gave him two coffees when he had only paid for one. at that point, you say.. "Oops.. I gave you two coffees accidentally.. Enjoy that second one on us". If he had given the coffee back, it would have had to have been tossed anyway. You don't give food to someone and then take it back and serve it to someone else.

Not blaming her for it, just saying that it could and probably should have been handled differently, which would have led to this situation never happening.
I totally agree. HAS McDonalds learned NOTHING? Again, they serve a ready to consume item that, if it gets on your skin, will cause burns that will land you in the hospital.

For God's sake. STOP serving consumables that, if they touch you, damage you. This could have just as easily happened if he was trying to hand back the tray and it got off-balance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or