Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 06:46 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,209,487 times

Advertisements

The police and courts have probably scared the hell out of this guy. Unless he is a repeat offender, throwing him in jail will just cost him his job, his home, his family, and put him deep in debt.

Getting revenge is not the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 06:51 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
The police and courts have probably scared the hell out of this guy. Unless he is a repeat offender, throwing him in jail will just cost him his job, his home, his family, and put him deep in debt.

That is justice, not revenge.

The next clown will not throw hot coffee, when this clown gets jail time.

He has earned jail time.

Old 03-29-2019, 07:05 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
That’s horrible. Poor girl.

I worked in restaraunts for years and some people really do treat you like crap. I think everyone should have to work in a restaraunt at some point in their lives so they can understand and hopefully not turn into terrible customers themselves.

One time I was in a drive through and saw the customer in front of me lean out her car window and spit in the workers face. It was shocking.

Old 03-29-2019, 07:07 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,510 times
Quote:

This isn’t revenge, it’s justice . He should do some jail time. By what he said on his police arrest video he’s used to being a thug.

Old 03-29-2019, 07:13 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:

Well. He did earlier that same day assault someone, but his own admission, when he was confused as to why police pulled him over.

I think he needs to cool his heels awhile and reassess how he treats people.

Old 03-29-2019, 07:15 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
That is justice, not revenge.

The next clown will not throw hot coffee, when this clown gets jail time.

He has earned jail time.
Yes.

But.

At what point will McDonalds lower the temperature of their coffee so that anyone who comes in contact with it won't need medical intervention?

Imagine if this was a couple sodas, instead of their lava java. This would be a non-issue. He's a jerk, clean up the soda, get on with life.

As it is, the item that was served for him to consume burned her flesh when he threw it at her and required hospitalization.

Sit with that for a moment.

edited to add: When I was 5 or so, I was on an airplane and was served hot chocolate in a ceramic mug. I went to take a sip, and the plane kind of hit a jolt, so I got a much bigger gulp than intended. It burned my mouth and throat pretty badly, so I'm more sensitive, maybe, than average with regards to outrage that people are served searing hot beverages that will injure them if they try to drink them, or spill them. (Although throwing it at a server is not the same thing, still it was McDonald's fault that those beverages were served at dangerously high temperatures. Again.)

Old 03-29-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes.

But.

At what point will McDonalds lower the temperature of their coffee so that anyone who comes in contact with it won't need medical intervention?

Imagine if this was a couple sodas, instead of their lava java. This would be a non-issue. He's a jerk, clean up the soda, get on with life.

As it is, the item that was served for him to consume burned her flesh when he threw it at her.

Sit with that for a moment.
I do think coffee temp should be industry standard-McD's exceeds it. I do not understand why their insurer is not telling them burn suits are excluded from insurance as long as they do that.

Old 03-29-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post

I had an hostess last month smacked by a guest. An intoxicated guest.

Should have pressed charges. Surely a regular occurrence by the perp, so one arrest, even if just a fine results, might cure him of that.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:06 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Didn't Seinfeld teach McD's anything?

Old 03-29-2019, 08:13 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,861,550 times
Quote:

He assaulted a random teenage girl. That's a danger to society, IMO, which is what jail is meant to protect the public from. He's not a non-violent criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events