U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 08:19 PM

17,984 posts, read 6,878,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
The police and courts have probably scared the hell out of this guy. Unless he is a repeat offender, throwing him in jail will just cost him his job, his home, his family, and put him deep in debt.

Getting revenge is not the answer.
This girl may well need surgery. Perhaps multiple times. Due to this violent man. Prison is the proper place to put anyone after any instance of major violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 08:40 PM

9,002 posts, read 3,510,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I do think coffee temp should be industry standard-McD's exceeds it. I do not understand why their insurer is not telling them burn suits are excluded from insurance as long as they do that.
I agree. Stop serving drinks out your take out window that will require hospitalization if they spill on the customer, or in this case, if they are tossed back to the employee and in either case cause hospitalization when the drink encounters skin.

Old 03-29-2019, 09:57 PM

4,705 posts, read 6,417,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I agree. Stop serving drinks out your take out window that will require hospitalization if they spill on the customer, or in this case, if they are tossed back to the employee and in either case cause hospitalization when the drink encounters skin.
She had first degree burns. Equivalent to a mild sunburn. If it were second or third degree burns I could see getting cranked up over the. Coffee temp but not because of first degree burns. They don’t require hospitalization.
McDonalds USED to serve coffee at such high temps that it caused THIRD degree burns on a woman’s thighs when it spilled.
Not the case here. Homemade coffee can cause first degree burns.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:00 PM

6,666 posts, read 4,105,957 times
I have a slightly different take.

Having seen a number of shocking drive-thru videos, I think McD's should train their people to back quickly away from the window when they see a customer open his door. The default assumption should be that that person means to do them harm.

Or they could close the window but that might not help.

Old 03-30-2019, 12:43 AM

3 posts, read 416 times
sad

Old 03-30-2019, 06:34 AM

3,737 posts, read 1,354,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
That is justice, not revenge.
In current American usage, there is no difference between the two. Justice is when the prosecution wins, which the public always pays to have happen. You can throw "closure" in there as another synonym.

Old 03-30-2019, 07:46 AM

25,220 posts, read 32,228,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
My very first job was at McDonalds when I was 16 years old, back in the 1970s. And even back then, your bolded described my experience perfectly. I had food thrown at me if it wasn't exactly as they ordered it. I was belittled and called names. Grown people would treat a 16 year old girl like that. I was pretty shy and unconfident back then, and I didn't have a clue how to stand up for myself.

Sometimes I wanted to scream at customers who treated me that way, "I'm a straight A student! I'm working here to save money so I can put myself through college and make something of myself!" Of course I didn't say anything other than apologize, because back then the mindset was "the customer is always right."

40 years later I still remember getting home from work and crying because of how badly people treated me.
That’s terrible. My sister had a completely different experience working at MCD in the 70’s. She loved her customers. Maybe more to do with the type of person? I dunno. But never any customers like you had. That’s crazy.

But people today? They are freaking nutjobs. It’s all about them. Every thing offends them. There’s a lot of people out there running around today that have serious mental issues.

Old 03-30-2019, 08:21 AM

34,530 posts, read 18,739,395 times
Quote:
Man arrested for throwing hot coffee in the face of McDonald's employee
Lock him up.

Folks working to serve me are always deserving of respect, IMO.

Old 03-30-2019, 09:45 AM

2,171 posts, read 962,293 times
Horrible and he should do time.

She was probably asking for the receipt to make sure the customer wasn't charged for two coffees. She would need the receipt to do a refund. They can also help you see where you went and can take the steps needed to get back on track and not make a mistake on the next order.

I worked at McDonald's for my first job and customers would treat you like you were the scum of the earth. People complain and wonder why employees seem like zombies/expressionless at times..well, you learn to be numb to everything after a while. The customer before you could have told them they were trash and cussed them out over a price change that they have no control over. I always go out of my way to be extra nice to food workers, I've been there.

Ironically, I did enjoy working there. We had our regulars who were amazing, I was very good at my job and loved going above and beyond for customers. It also gave me a backbone, which I needed.

Old 03-30-2019, 09:51 AM
Status: "April 2019 - Happy New Beginngs!" (set 3 days ago)

5,692 posts, read 5,509,014 times
Too many people getting angry and flying into a rage, beating up on people for stupid stuff. meanwhile people are video-recording the incident without anyone trying to stop it. then you do see some people trying to stop it and they get beat up. sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or