U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 05:28 PM

5,850 posts, read 4,433,417 times

Advertisements

He'd make a terrible actor.
See him staring at the camera ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2019, 05:42 PM

3,542 posts, read 1,735,924 times
If for some reason I can't get my fat a$$ up and go to a fast food joint, I probably don't need it to begin with.

Old 03-31-2019, 06:12 PM

24,069 posts, read 23,077,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli87 View Post
Maybe it's a good idea for restaurants staple the bags closed. That lets the consumer know it wasn't messed with.
That's a good idea.

Old 03-31-2019, 06:38 PM

4,455 posts, read 845,911 times
I once walked into a sub sandwich shop either after or before lunch rush (can't remember). The manager (I assume because he was the only one there) was at a table with a large platter of sandwiches in front of him which he was stacking on a carry out catering tray from another tray. He put the last one on put the lid on, licked the mayo off his finger(no joke) and walked behind the counter to take my order.
I gave him my order expecting him to wash his hands and put gloves on. He did neither. He went to the slicer to slice my lunchmeat. Once I realized that he was not going to do so I said " Never mind, you licked your fingers and didn't wash your hands" and I walked out. He looked stunned but I didn't care.

I have seen fast food cashiers help out filling the bags with food and touch fries, ice cream cone, etc with their hands after handling money while the customer watched them do it without incident. Some people don't seem to have a problem with it. Nasty.

Old 03-31-2019, 11:29 PM

365 posts, read 104,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I once walked into a sub sandwich shop either after or before lunch rush (can't remember). The manager (I assume because he was the only one there) was at a table with a large platter of sandwiches in front of him which he was stacking on a carry out catering tray from another tray. He put the last one on put the lid on, licked the mayo off his finger(no joke) and walked behind the counter to take my order.
I gave him my order expecting him to wash his hands and put gloves on. He did neither. He went to the slicer to slice my lunchmeat. Once I realized that he was not going to do so I said " Never mind, you licked your fingers and didn't wash your hands" and I walked out. He looked stunned but I didn't care.
I'm seeing this cross-contamination more and more. Even at my local deli, there's this guy back there scrubbing the floor with lots of grime and water splashing about. Then he comes up with a filthy apron and sweaty face to wait on me. I cringed inside and said, sorry, I've changed my mind. This happens 2 out of three times at my local deli.

As for our local subway, there's a woman who is very careless when her dirty apron touches the sandwiches when she leans against the fixings. The sauce squeeze bottles, which are kept in a metal bin obviously dripping with water upon the sandwiches. They seem to have no connection to why that is wrong. So when desperate for food I will go there but never get the sauces. Anyone can buy a subway shop, Corporate does not enforce good quality standards, surprisingly.

Old 03-31-2019, 11:46 PM

9,045 posts, read 10,658,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
just another reminder of why I don't go out to eat much.
Sure. But what happened to your produce, deli meats, chicken legs at the grocery before you purchased them? We might drive ourselves nuts thinking about this stuff!

Old 04-01-2019, 12:01 AM

9,045 posts, read 10,658,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
I'm seeing this cross-contamination more and more. Even at my local deli, there's this guy back there scrubbing the floor with lots of grime and water splashing about. Then he comes up with a filthy apron and sweaty face to wait on me. I cringed inside and said, sorry, I've changed my mind. This happens 2 out of three times at my local deli.

As for our local subway, there's a woman who is very careless when her dirty apron touches the sandwiches when she leans against the fixings. The sauce squeeze bottles, which are kept in a metal bin obviously dripping with water upon the sandwiches. They seem to have no connection to why that is wrong. So when desperate for food I will go there but never get the sauces. Anyone can buy a subway shop, Corporate does not enforce good quality standards, surprisingly.
Subway is closing so many stores. And it's not surprising to me. There seems to be no quality control by corporate at all. My kid's college has a small Subway on campus. Last time she went there the employee (one employee) was sitting on the ingredient counter (meats, cheeses, vegis) playing on his phone! Needless to say she did not purchase a sandwich.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:26 AM

14,322 posts, read 10,512,563 times
Quote:
Maybe it's a good idea for restaurants staple the bags closed. That lets the consumer know it wasn't messed with.
Well, from that point on, yeah. Anything could have happened in the restaurant. (Truly insidious people could even carry around a stapler to keep on hand. lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Sure. But what happened to your produce, deli meats, chicken legs at the grocery before you purchased them? We might drive ourselves nuts thinking about this stuff!
Yep.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:59 AM

314 posts, read 55,791 times
Quote:
My local pizza joint always staples their bags closed.

Old 04-01-2019, 05:13 AM

1,130 posts, read 529,079 times
My FIL, used to say......your going to eat a lot of sh$t, in your life time. I would laugh, but I think he knew what he was talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events