Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 01:55 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They found her blood in the backseat and trunk of his car. They found bleach and her cell phone in his car. They knew that the child safety locks were engaged, preventing her from opening the door. It's some pretty sold evidence, and DNA can confirm it.

What all that doesn't tell us is if she was a pre-determined target or a random encounter. It also doesn't tell us if he did for his own desires or if he was paid to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 02:19 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
What all that doesn't tell us is if she was a pre-determined target or a random encounter. It also doesn't tell us if he did for his own desires or if he was paid to do it.
Paid to do it? How would he have known that she was going to hop in and mistake his car for her Uber?

Old 04-08-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Paid to do it? How would he have known that she was going to hop in and mistake his car for her Uber?

Maybe if she didn't she would have been forced in?

Old 04-08-2019, 02:38 PM

50,794 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
The poster I responded to suggested maybe she was dropped off and then murdered by someone else. Obviously she was not. What difference does it make if it was predetermined (which sounds far fetched to me, how would they know she called for an Uber?). He is charged with murder either way.

Old 04-08-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The poster I responded to suggested maybe she was dropped off and then murdered by someone else. Obviously she was not. What difference does it make if it was predetermined (which sounds far fetched to me, how would they know she called for an Uber?). He is charged with murder either way.

Her boyfriend would know.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:56 PM

151 posts, read 107,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
You must not be the one actually going into the app and ordering the Uber because there's no way you wouldn't notice that they provide the license plate number. Also, I've never had an Uber driver get out of the car to announce their arrival. Is that because you were just standing there with your husband not checking the license plate and not getting into the car, so they finally got out and said, "Hey, are you Posh66? I'm your Uber driver."
They get out of the car to put our luggage into it because we're at the airport. The only time we use Uber is when we travel to the States. Thus, I haven't used it often enough to I suppose notice the license plate showing up on the app. They ask my name because there are literally a couple dozen people at the airport also waiting for Ubers.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:12 PM

151 posts, read 107,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
.do you know how many people die every year after slipping in the shower? Better stop taking showers! Much safer to go back to the good old days when everyone took spongebaths like god intended.

really? ... I mean really? what has slipping in the shower and sponge baths got to do with the topic and why do you even think GOD intended us to only take sponge baths?

We are talking about a woman getting in to a car with a STRANGER and being attacked and KILLED! THERE IS NO COMPARISON!
Ok, let's everybody take a breath and calm down. As was already pointed out by some kind poster, I was pointing out that logic and facts should prevail in these emotional situations. It's not terribly dangerous to take an Uber, it's not terribly dangerous to travel to Mexico, the odds of you dying in a terrorist attack are minuscule. Meanwhile, everyday activities like driving are super dangerous but people brush it off like it's nothing. As I said, what happened to that poor young woman was truly the stuff of nightmares, but I think it's illogical to condemn Uber for it.

The God <3 sponge baths thing was joke, poking fun at people who grumpily insist that the old ways are the best ways.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:27 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Maybe if she didn't she would have been forced in?
You've been watching too much GD TV cop shows. No one paid this criminal loser to kill this poor lady.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
You've been watching too much GD TV cop shows. No one paid this criminal loser to kill this poor lady.

You'd make a lousy investigator - so ready to dismiss possibilities.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:31 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
This case is very interesting because the suspect Nathaniel David Rowland was not known to have this kind of behavior. Is this a case of the woman getting on the suspect's car and then he dropped her off somewhere but she end up getting killed afterwards by somebody else.

Very interesting case, I wonder how much evidence does the police have and hope there's no cover up or evidence tampering.
There's a first time for everything. I don't think it's interesting at all. Seems pretty clear he probably did it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events