U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 08:05 PM

313 posts, read 89,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralUSHomeowner View Post
At a minimum, American mainstream news media is putting out little information to the public regarding the increased presence of Chinese and Russian props nearby.
Uhm, do we have a number for Chinese Army soldiers in Venezuela?
I have read about 100 Russians soldiers in Venezuela - surely they can’t make war: most likely they came to protect the embassy in case of mob intrusion?
Is the source even reliable? Sounds like a click bait...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2019, 08:55 PM

3,779 posts, read 1,373,535 times
China can, and would, write off every cent they have invested in Venezuela, and never feel a ripple, If world wars were risked over thing like that, the Super Bowl would be playing roman numeral catch-up.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:14 AM

4,438 posts, read 2,431,515 times
I’ll be honest.. I’m glad the Russians and Chinese sent in troops as I’m sick and tired of the US trying to throw our weight around to force global policies. In our minds we are the good guys and alway have the best intentions. When in reality our global interventions (especially) in the Middle East have cause nothing but disasters.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:15 AM

11,833 posts, read 9,857,908 times
Is OP chicken little?

Old 04-04-2019, 07:18 AM

34,578 posts, read 18,771,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post
Let me see if I've got this stright.

Some unknown "journalist" writes an opinion piece that he thinks the US and Russia will go to nuclear war over Venezuela?

My advice:

Don't lose any sleep over it.

Old 04-04-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
I’ll be honest.. I’m glad the Russians and Chinese sent in troops as I’m sick and tired of the US trying to throw our weight around to force global policies. In our minds we are the good guys and alway have the best intentions. When in reality our global interventions (especially) in the Middle East have cause nothing but disasters.
US has a Monroe doctrine- basically making US “ in charge” of the Western Hemisphere...
And the military doctrine of total domination in space, in the air, at sea and on land- courtesy of US taxpayers.

Old 04-04-2019, 12:26 PM

4,438 posts, read 2,431,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
US has a Monroe doctrine- basically making US “ in charge” of the Western Hemisphere...
And the military doctrine of total domination in space, in the air, at sea and on land- courtesy of US taxpayers.
That needs to be changed even President Ike would have agreed.

Old 04-04-2019, 12:52 PM

1,457 posts, read 401,217 times
Quote:
Mid east interventions have nothing to do with being "good guys", it's about oil.
As far as wwIII, I think it's inevitable, all tied to reasons of impending economic meltdown. I'm not a doomsayer, I'm just expecting the worst and hoping for the best, but without much hope for the near future.

Old 04-04-2019, 01:27 PM

21,254 posts, read 21,403,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
would be interested on what are doctrine is for dealing with subterranean threats, hopefully it is more elaborate and humane than a Whack-a-Mole-People Doctrine

Old 04-04-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
That needs to be changed even President Ike would have agreed.
You are the taxpayer!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or