U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 11:35 AM

6,270 posts, read 5,136,221 times

Advertisements

I wonder why he did it. Did he have a prior obsession with the case? It's a horrible hoax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 11:40 AM

9,059 posts, read 3,540,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I wonder why he did it. Did he have a prior obsession with the case? It's a horrible hoax.
He's claimed to be other people before.

My guess is, he has a driving compulsion to want to be wanted. A fantasy of falling into the arms of family who have been diligently searching for him for years.

I would doubt he meant to hurt anyone - he's got mental illness, and a drive to be loved.
Sad.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:47 AM

4,125 posts, read 6,666,848 times
well ...he is facing charges ...

Medina man accused of impersonating missing Timmothy Pitzen faces federal charges

Old 04-05-2019, 12:52 PM

12,237 posts, read 10,162,819 times
It sounded too good to be true to me, but after Jaycee Dugard's story, I guess it's not entirely unrealistic to have hope and at least hope that the person claiming to be the missing kid really is.

Most children who have been missing for long periods of time like Timmothy, and like Madeleine McCann, etc., are dead. A Jaycee situation is rare, for a kidnapped or otherwise missing kid to be kept alive for so long is just unlikely. Missing kids, especially those believed to have been abducted, rarely just turn up alive out of the blue years later. Parents hold onto hope, and I get that, but I think most others know the likely situation.

Old 04-05-2019, 12:57 PM

10,240 posts, read 8,159,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
It sounded too good to be true to me, but after Jaycee Dugard's story, I guess it's not entirely unrealistic to have hope and at least hope that the person claiming to be the missing kid really is.

Most children who have been missing for long periods of time like Timmothy, and like Madeleine McCann, etc., are dead. A Jaycee situation is rare, for a kidnapped or otherwise missing kid to be kept alive for so long is just unlikely. Missing kids, especially those believed to have been abducted, rarely just turn up alive out of the blue years later. Parents hold onto hope, and I get that, but I think most others know the likely situation.
Might want to change that to "most likely dead", since no one really knows what became of Timmothy and Madeleine...their cases are still open.

Old 04-05-2019, 01:04 PM

12,237 posts, read 10,162,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Might want to change that to "most likely dead", since no one really knows what became of Timmothy and Madeleine...their cases are still open.
Thought it was obvious that no one knows for sure when they haven't been found. Point clearly is that they are probably dead.

Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM

10,240 posts, read 8,159,945 times
Rini's brother Jonathan spoke to a reporter and said he and his mother had not spoken to Brian Rini for four years, as Brian had stolen Jonathan's identity, which resulted in Jonathan being arrested and held until he could prove who he was.

He also said that Brian had a long list of diagnoses, including Asperger's syndrome (sic), ADD, and other disorders, and that he had attempted to impersonate others several times previously. He hinted that his brother also had a juvenile record, in addition to his growing adult record.

Brian Rini stated to the authorities that he had learned about Timmothy Pitzen from watching a recent 20/20 episode (he must have taken notes or had a photographic memory to remember Pitzen's middle name and precise birthday). He claimed he just wanted a loving father like Timmothy had...never mind that James Pitzen would immediately known that he was not Timmothy.

So two families have been badly hurt by this imposter. Perhaps more...

Old Yesterday, 11:35 AM

7,080 posts, read 4,494,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Our unbelievably irresponsible media strikes yet again. This kid's family is absolutely crushed, and my guess is nobody in the media will be held accountable -- no firings, no demotions, not even one day's worth of suspension.
Firing? For what?? Is this some kind of joke?

Why is it that people who hate the media so much are always the ones who know nothing at all about how the media works or what it does? This happened near me, so I saw a lot of coverage of it, and there was nothing sensational or inaccurate in any of what I saw. What you seem unable to understand is that whether he was Timmothy Pitzen or not, the fact that he was claiming to be was a significant news story, and every single story I saw handled it just right - reporting that this man had stepped forward, but framing the reporting in the context of "IF this is true."

If I were king for just one day, I would make it a law that every high school student be required to study how to read and understand news articles.

As for the issue at hand, I'm amazed this guy thought he'd get away with it. A 23 year old thinking he can pass for a 14 year old? Just from the photos, he's got a beard like ZZ Top. What was he thinking?

Old Today, 04:45 AM

3,775 posts, read 1,373,535 times
"We got a guy who says he's your missing child, but we're not going to let you see him until we do DNA tests." What am I missing, here?

Last edited by cebuan; Today at 05:39 AM..

Old Today, 05:33 AM

10,929 posts, read 5,895,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Pathetic. Couldn't he have found something better to do with his time?
Something tells me that he's mentally ill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or