U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 12:12 PM

2,792 posts, read 1,299,811 times

Advertisements

To be honest, it's not exactly shocking the absolutely minor things in life people (especially black/brown and definitely not saying the lady was) are given tickets for. Some people face harassment/arrest just for simply BEING.

I still think it's silly someone can get a ticket for urinating in the bushes on a highway but hey, that's the sh** we allow as a society. We live in a society that loves to punish and criminalize every single little thing. Only people of a certain wealth, race, etc. get away with their crimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 01:06 PM

7,762 posts, read 2,972,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drungus View Post
I think this is what we refer to as First World Problems.
Police state problems.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:12 PM

12,212 posts, read 7,232,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I still think it's silly someone can get a ticket for urinating in the bushes on a highway but hey, that's the sh** we allow as a society. We live in a society that loves to punish and criminalize every single little thing. Only people of a certain wealth, race, etc. get away with their crimes.
This didn't happen in some bushes on the side of a highway. The woman and her kid were in a gas station parking lot, feet away from a public bathroom.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:14 PM

3,567 posts, read 1,861,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I wonder if that applies to everyone...

Can a 70-year-old man whip it out in the gas station parking lot and claim he has a weak bladder?

What about a 30-year-old man?

Or a pregnant woman? Can she drop her pants and squat in the gas station parking lot, claiming that the baby is pushing on her bladder?

Can I, a healthy 30 year old woman, drop my pants in the gas station parking lot if I don't want to wait for the bathroom to open up?

Or is it only acceptable for 3-year-old boys to pee anywhere they want to in public?
Yeah. And since public restrooms marked "Male" and "Female" have become so offensive to people, let's just get rid of them and start peeing in the park, on the beach, in the parking lots, wherever.
Public toilets are... like... totally uncouth these days.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:14 PM

1,093 posts, read 516,805 times
Quote:
This didn't happen in some bushes on the side of a highway. The woman and her kid were in a gas station parking lot, feet away from a public bathroom.
Even worse, when you think about it... This woman removed the child from a private car to do this in public. She had options.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:15 PM

12,212 posts, read 7,232,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
The article stated she tried to make it to the restroom but he couldn't and she couldn't pick him up and run with him due to being pregnant.
No, she let him go in the parking lot because she thought the bathroom might be occupied. So instead of going inside and seeing if the bathroom was open, or waiting for it to open up, she opted to let her kid pee outside in a parking lot in front of a bunch of people.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:

Yes, I know. I was providing an example. I was just saying had it happened in some bushes on the side of a highway that she'd probably have been given a ticket anyway.

I know a man who thought it was okay to take a leek away from people but somehow a policeman popped up out of nowhere and gave the man a ticket. He didn't do it in front of people but got a ticket anyway. In this situation, a bathroom wasn't near. Some places don't allow people to use the restroom unless they are a customer (they expect for you to pay for something first). I don't want to get a ticket like that man did but sometimes it feels as if you don't have a choice. Sometimes when you have to go, you have to go.

Maybe the lady panicked. She didn't want her kid to urinate on himself/the car and couldn't carry the child it seems, and so she did the next best thing. She probably thought no one would really give a sh**. Obviously by the responses this thread is getting, people do make a big deal out of this.

I don't really see the big deal with this. The time it would have taken to go inside and get the keys (the line could have been long) as well as the time it MIGHT have taken had the restroom been occupied...her child might have wet himself by then. Had she let her child urinate in the car and the police saw, she'd probably have been given a ticket for that too. There are worse things happening in our society. What she did wasn't right but if it's something she rarely does, then I don't see the need for all this.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:30 PM

3,567 posts, read 1,861,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Even worse, when you think about it... This woman removed the child from a private car to do this in public. She had options.
True. If there's nothing wrong with pee in the parking lot, there should be nothing wrong with pee in her car. Good point! Love it!

Old 04-07-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Don't get me wrong: It's uncivilized for sure, and if the kid was in plain sight, that's even worse. I just don't think it's a big deal at all.

That being said, as another poster mentioned earlier, getting caught peeing on the side of the highway in the bushes is a sex offense, apparently. So I guess she got off easy with the "ticket."

Still, waste of time and money IMO.

This country just gets more ridiculous with how they criminalize people. 1 out of 3 people in the U.S. have a record. This is the only country that criminalizes people the way it does and we allow it.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It's gravel. It'll be fine. Will you have them pee on the compost pile instead?

You know it's pretty sad that we treat each other this way. I just thought about it...don't people allow their dogs to urinate in parks? Though they usually pi** on the grass, there's no way of cleaning that up and people walk in it all the time. Why is it that we are giving animals more rights versus humans? I bet people don't get upset when they see neighbors allow their dogs to take a leak in their yard. And before anyone says it, I know that dogs can't be taken to the restroom to do their business but they aren't exactly doing all their business in their owner's homes now are they?

And I can tell you that even when owners pick up after dog sh** that the area it was in stinks. Still, people don't make a big deal about this but are making a big deal about a 3 year old who couldn't hold it. Before anyone says anything about defecating, I don't think she would have allowed her child to do that in the parking lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or