Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2019, 01:55 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,831,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drungus View Post
I think this is what we refer to as First World Problems.
Indiscriminate disposition of human waste is a huge third world problem. There is no need to allow the same where first world facilities exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 06:46 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
If they did it in the middle of the parking lot, out in the open yeah, that’d be weird but if they found a private place like a bush or went behind a tree or something then it’s unlikely that anyone would ever know. Adults can generally control their bladders and predict when they have to go so they can plan ahead. Kids who just learned how to pee in the potty can’t always do that.
I don't see the big deal. The cop overreacted.

Now... myself at 30 years old pissing in a parking lot behind a gas station probably in view of various apartment buildings around me... that's another thing... but jeez is it difficult to find a public restroom in the Boston area late at night (the gas station was closed).

Old 04-08-2019, 09:25 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Granted, this is a three year old who's probably still learning to control his bladder. But what happens when a homeless person has to go and there are NO public bathrooms he can use? I'd bet everybody giving the kid a pass here would scream like banshees if they saw a homeless person pee in public for the same reason.
Big difference between the two examples you gave.

Old 04-08-2019, 03:43 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times
As always, with any topic, as in the Bible, there's a Seinfeld reference that's appropriate to the discussion.

In "The Parking Garage", Jerry is arrested for indecent exposure for peeing in the corner, after spending hours trying to locate his car unsuccessfully.

Old 04-08-2019, 11:25 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
I don't see the big deal. The cop overreacted.

Now... myself at 30 years old pissing in a parking lot behind a gas station probably in view of various apartment buildings around me... that's another thing... but jeez is it difficult to find a public restroom in the Boston area late at night (the gas station was closed).
I'm not sure how the cop overreacted.

The child had the opportunity to **** in private in the car. The mother chose to make this a public issue.

Old 04-08-2019, 11:26 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
Quote:
If they did it in the middle of the parking lot, out in the open yeah, that’d be weird but if they found a private place like a bush or went behind a tree or something then it’s unlikely that anyone would ever know. Adults can generally control their bladders and predict when they have to go so they can plan ahead. Kids who just learned how to pee in the potty can’t always do that.
The kid was already in private to begin with. They were in the car. Why expose the kid to the public when you don't have to? I think given the options the mother had here, the cop acted appropriately. The mother didn't put the public in best interest here.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:39 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,243,999 times
At the statue of liberty they have one place with bathrooms and a big *** statue between you and it. And my 4 year old who has been potty trained for 2 years had to go NOW. So my husband took off running with him and my kid is screaming and my husband pulls him behind a tree and pull his pants down and my son still pees all over his shirt and his pants and his shoes and its 40 degrees and drizzling and we are on an island with no extra clothing. And sometimes there is no other option.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:04 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
The kid was already in private to begin with. They were in the car. Why expose the kid to the public when you don't have to? I think given the options the mother had here, the cop acted appropriately. The mother didn't put the public in best interest here.
It sounds like they were walking to the bathroom and he just couldn’t hold it any longer.

You really think peeing in the car was a better option for a toddler?

Old 04-09-2019, 09:07 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
You really think peeing in the car was a better option for a toddler?
Instead of peeing in front of who knows how many people in a gas station parking lot? Yes, peeing somewhere a little more private would have been a much better option.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:49 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
You know it's pretty sad that we treat each other this way. I just thought about it...don't people allow their dogs to urinate in parks? Though they usually pi** on the grass, there's no way of cleaning that up and people walk in it all the time. Why is it that we are giving animals more rights versus humans? I bet people don't get upset when they see neighbors allow their dogs to take a leak in their yard. And before anyone says it, I know that dogs can't be taken to the restroom to do their business but they aren't exactly doing all their business in their owner's homes now are they?

And I can tell you that even when owners pick up after dog sh** that the area it was in stinks. Still, people don't make a big deal about this but are making a big deal about a 3 year old who couldn't hold it. Before anyone says anything about defecating, I don't think she would have allowed her child to do that in the parking lot.
I run a Facebook group for the developerment I live in. I cant count the number of posts made about people letting dogs pee on neighbors lawns. Most pick the poop up but some do not. We have a lot of posts about dog poop too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events