Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 10:32 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,684,570 times

Advertisements

i really wish the cop that ticketed her would get kidnapped and locked up for a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2019, 10:43 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,015,822 times
Really, everyone is okay with people peeing in gas station parking lots?

It's one thing if they were out on a hike in the middle of the woods or on the side of the highway miles from the closest public bathroom, but to pee in a parking lot just feet away from a public bathroom? That's disgusting.

I don't care if it's a 3-year-old's pee, I don't want to be stepping in it while pumping gas or going inside for a coffee.

Old 04-06-2019, 10:48 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,955,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i really wish the cop that ticketed her would get kidnapped and locked up for a long time.
Considering that this woman made a big fuss about this to get attention on social media, you’re really comfortable with not knowing the rest of the story?

Old 04-06-2019, 02:18 PM

11,111 posts, read 9,753,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
What's the rest of the story?

My 3 year-old never pee'd in a parking lot. A 3 year-old is old enough to ask for a toilet, so there has to be more to this story.
He did ask for a toilet, as the article states. He also said it was urgent. If you've never had a moment of urinary urgency in your life, then I suppose you wouldn't understand. It was going to be the parking lot, or his car seat, he wasn't going to make it to the toilet.

Old 04-06-2019, 02:34 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,891,679 times
I don't think the woman should have been ticketed, but I'd be willing to bet she was giving the officer a lot of lip. I've seen that happen before. A person does something he "could" be ticketed for and is only warned, but then they start smart mouthing the officer until he's had enough and gives them a ticket for real.

Same thing happens in retail. A customer comes in with a complaint and wants something replaced but instead of asking, they get nasty and demanding and get tossed out the store while if they had just been nice about it, they'd have gotten a free replacement.

Most people aren't inspired to do nice things for other people who treat them like trash. Cops aren't any different.

Old 04-06-2019, 03:41 PM

23,865 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Hopefully, the ticket gets waived by a higher authority. That officer was ridiculous.

I don't remember any quick potty stops for my daughter, but I have had to make them with my boys. I usually had a water bottle with me. I had my boys pee into those.
I had a cop give me a ticket when I had to pull over real quick into a fire lane while my grandson was choking. I don't recall what he was choking on but I had to pull over. The cop watched me do it too. We were pulled over before the front of the store Marshall's.

The judge couldn't believe the cop gave me a ticket for an emergency. The judge also said it's typical of this cop, so you never know.

My grandson is almost 6, he has a lot of health issues. One issue makes him not able to feel that he has to pee until his bladder is almost ready to explode. If he says he has to pee, it's coming out no matter where we are.

Old 04-06-2019, 06:12 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,358,021 times
Obviously, the cop needs more experience being around children. Typically, kids of that age tend to tell you they need to pee NOW at the most inconvenient times. A warning would be sufficient enough because of potential perverts that may be watching if that was the cop’s concern

Old 04-06-2019, 06:30 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,519,030 times
Jesus. It’s a little kid. AFAIK little kids tend to not need to go until they need to go. Then it’s pretty much I’m going.
Granted it’s not something you should do as a rule but giving a ticket...menu that’s really reaching. The cop could of simply given her a verbal about it. Or he could let it go and drive on.

Old 04-06-2019, 08:44 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,479,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
What's the rest of the story?

My 3 year-old never pee'd in a parking lot. A 3 year-old is old enough to ask for a toilet, so there has to be more to this story.
NO it hasn't.

Old 04-06-2019, 08:50 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,479,291 times
The things some people freak out about. So typical American. One of those things you just have to laugh about.
Of all the bs that is going on today, a 3 year old who can't hold his pee in is the target of angry adults, and being sited by the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events