Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2019, 02:17 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,811,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
No, she let him pee in the parking lot because she thought he wouldn't make it into the restroom and even if they did and it is a one person toilet and it was occupied he would then pee on the floor. You and I can hold it even if desperate, however a 3 year old can't. I am sure she flipped out when confronted which probably didn't help things.
If that was the case, she should have just let the child go in private. They were in their car originally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 02:22 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
No, she let him pee in the parking lot because she thought he wouldn't make it into the restroom and even if they did and it is a one person toilet and it was occupied he would then pee on the floor. You and I can hold it even if desperate, however a 3 year old can't. I am sure she flipped out when confronted which probably didn't help things.
And if her 3 year old can't hold it long enough to make it inside to the restrooms, then he needs to be in pull-ups. Sorry, but there are plenty of ways to be proactive so that you don't run into this situation.

And yes, I'm sure she used her pregnancy as an excuse to yell at the officer, just as she used her pregnancy as an excuse to run and cry to the local media. She caused herself to be ticketed and can't deal with the consequences of her poor attitude.

Old 04-07-2019, 04:11 PM

16,071 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I bet people don't get upset when they see neighbors allow their dogs to take a leak in their yard.
Mmmmm, in their own yards, sure. In public spaces not designated for it, not so much. Ya been in the pet sub forum much?

Old 04-07-2019, 04:21 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
A neighbor bragged about her toddler being potty trained. Not only did he whip it out and pee in a parking lot, I was at their house and he pulled a bowl off the table and peed in it sitting in his high chair. Way to go mom.
Probably not a good idea to go over when invited for dinner.

I just think the making a mountain out of a molehill comes to mind here. Sure the mom was wrong for letting the kid pee out in public. She could of grabbed a empty bottle and had him pee in that kneeling in the back seat. The cop could of let her off with a warning written or verbal. I guarantee you if the parent lets the kid urinate everywhere she will get caught again.
I just think we are becoming a nation of very easily offended types. Hell just reading the posts I see a lot of “offended “ people

Old 04-07-2019, 05:22 PM

17,182 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I've never once been to a gas station that required keys for the bathroom. I doubt this woman happened to stop at 9ne of the few that lock up their restrooms. I've also never waited in line at a gas station bathroom. Most have multiple stalls, and their aren't 20 people all stopping at once to use the restroom.
Really??? I'd say pretty much half of the ones I encounter require a key, and some are outside "around the corner" by the car wash or whatever.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:38 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,365,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Mmmmm, in their own yards, sure. In public spaces not designated for it, not so much. Ya been in the pet sub forum much?

Nope. I'm just glad I wouldn't get worked up over these things. Life is stressful enough.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:52 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
If you want people to treat you like am animal instead of a human being, then go ahead and start peeing and pooping out in public.
We’re talking about a three year old here. Someone who likely just got out of diapers or pull ups fairly recently. I think it’s all going to be ok.

Hope the judge dismisses the ticket.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:53 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,894,868 times
Granted, this is a three year old who's probably still learning to control his bladder. But what happens when a homeless person has to go and there are NO public bathrooms he can use? I'd bet everybody giving the kid a pass here would scream like banshees if they saw a homeless person pee in public for the same reason.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:56 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Granted, this is a three year old who's probably still learning to control his bladder. But what happens when a homeless person has to go and there are NO public bathrooms he can use? I'd bet everybody giving the kid a pass here would scream like banshees if they saw a homeless person pee in public for the same reason.

If they did it in the middle of the parking lot, out in the open yeah, that’d be weird but if they found a private place like a bush or went behind a tree or something then it’s unlikely that anyone would ever know. Adults can generally control their bladders and predict when they have to go so they can plan ahead. Kids who just learned how to pee in the potty can’t always do that.

Old 04-07-2019, 09:12 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
Quote:
And if her 3 year old can't hold it long enough to make it inside to the restrooms, then he needs to be in pull-ups. Sorry, but there are plenty of ways to be proactive so that you don't run into this situation.

And yes, I'm sure she used her pregnancy as an excuse to yell at the officer, just as she used her pregnancy as an excuse to run and cry to the local media. She caused herself to be ticketed and can't deal with the consequences of her poor attitude.
Wow. There are some adamant people here. I've got 2 grown sons. I was the one giving them food and drink. I kept track of whether they had to sit or stand. (Potty talk)
Parents should not let things get to a critical stage, first off.
Second, she missed a golden (no pun intended...okay maybe so) opportunity to teach him the valuable lesson of using an empty bottle in the car.
I go to a weekly gathering of crazy ultra marathoners. (They tolerate me as an outsider - I do the occasional 5K) There was a kiddo there (yes, a runner kiddo about 8-ish). He went to the edge of the house and whizzed. The guys in the group saw him and said "hey! We can still hear you! He hasn't learned proper etiquette." I never heard of such! Maybe the pregnant mom didn't know proper etiquette either. Maybe she mouthed off at the cop. Maybe the cop had a bad day and decided to be a weenie. "I'll see your weenie and raise you a whole d-ckhead move" BLAM "Here's yer ticket."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events