Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 03:43 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This is how the mom described the incident in her own words right after it happened.

Mom or parent of boys.......
How many of you have done this...
Drive down the road and your son at a young age. Freshly 3 and freshly potty trained has to pee. You pull over at a gas station but not by the front door off to the side and snatch them out. Don't even have enough time to put shoes on or go inside (who wouldn't rather there child stand on concrete that isn't hot barefoot then a nasty bathroom) on top of being 34 weeks pregnant and in pain already.. Crack the door and hide them and allow them to go pee in a parking lot.
Or just allow your kid to pee in a parking lot in general.
The point of this poll is I just got a disorderly conduct ticket in Richmond county for allowing my son to pee for the reason above!!!! And hide him and got accused by the cop of seeing my sons penis which is entirely impossible!”
Thanks for posting this! It confirms the perspective many other posters had. This mom made a conscious decision to move the child from a closed environment (the car) to an open public environment. It was not an accident or a necessary situation as a result of an emergency. The officer did a good job here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 06:04 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,354,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Thanks for posting this! It confirms the perspective many other posters had. This mom made a conscious decision to move the child from a closed environment (the car) to an open public environment. It was not an accident or a necessary situation as a result of an emergency. The officer did a good job here.
This is what it sounds like to me. The mother had a choice and made the choice that caused her to get a ticket. It's an unfortunate situation (that she made a bad choice), but we live in a society.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:26 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,572,959 times
Taking legal action over a 3-year-old peeing in public is like taking legal action for an adult accidentally knocking over someone's wineglass at a restaurant and arresting them for "negligence". There is a reason there are common law or commonsense exceptions to the letter of the statute.

If the tiniest of mistakes are crimes, I'm afraid every single one of us commits multiple "crimes" every single year.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:43 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Taking legal action over a 3-year-old peeing in public is like taking legal action for an adult accidentally knocking over someone's wineglass at a restaurant and arresting them for "negligence". There is a reason there are common law or commonsense exceptions to the letter of the statute.

If the tiniest of mistakes are crimes, I'm afraid every single one of us commits multiple "crimes" every single year.
The mom want ticketed for the 3-year-old's peeing. She was ticketed for making an active effort to have the child pee in public. It's not like she had no choice.

If there was no other reasonable alternative, that would be one thing. But in this case, coming sense didn't come into play and the reasonable solution was intentionally avoided.

Old 04-21-2019, 07:50 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
The mom want ticketed for the 3-year-old's peeing. She was ticketed for making an active effort to have the child pee in public. It's not like she had no choice.

If there was no other reasonable alternative, that would be one thing. But in this case, coming sense didn't come into play and the reasonable solution was intentionally avoided.
You need to get rid of auto correct.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:07 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Maybe if dogs were allowed in public restrooms ? But ya'll don't want that, of course *eye roll* Dogs have no choice but to **** outside helllllloooooooooo
Quote:

1) Dude, get over yourself. You didn't even address what I wrote in its entirety but chose to simplify what I wrote.

Ncole1, I agree. I bet a lot of people do sh** they aren't suppose to. How many people cheat on their taxes? How many people run the yellow light when they are able to stop? The list goes on. Pretty soon almost everything will be a criminal offense (it's already getting there). We already have 1 out of 3 Americans with a criminal record.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:12 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
You make it sound like it's a bad idea. If you know your kid has trouble holding it (potty training!) why wouldn't you have a back up plan? This mom wouldn't be having to deal with the fallout if she had been better prepared. I'll never understand people who rely on luck instead of preparation.

I see what you're saying DubbleT but again, had he urinated inside the car and a police person saw it, the mom could have still gotten a ticket. Just because it's in a car doesn't make it private.

Old 04-22-2019, 03:52 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,572,959 times
Quote:

Really? The “ alternative” is either stinking up the car or hoping that the kid who is likely still in the process of potty training can hold it long enough to make it to a restroom.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:17 AM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Really? The “ alternative” is either stinking up the car or hoping that the kid who is likely still in the process of potty training can hold it long enough to make it to a restroom.
"Stinking up the car," and then STILL having to get out of it to go clean up. So instead of a kid peeing outside, you'll have a kid walking through the store in urine-soiled clothes.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:13 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
10 years ago, i'd probably be in the "WTF? Couldn't find a bathroom??" crowd.

Now, with your kids, I can say "been there, done that". I routinely take 1hr+ rides with the kids and despite my repeated attempts at "Lets go the bathroom before we go", they always insist they are fine and don't have to go. Sure as hell they always say they have to go bad when you are stuck in traffic 10 mins away from an exit.

Only once have we not made it to a restroom in time, and that one time we happened to be out in the middle of nowhere with nobody around.

I'm a pro at finding restrooms in unfamiliar places by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events