U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 03:00 PM

20,875 posts, read 13,716,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Sexuality most certainly is relevant if the abuse was/is being ignored because of it. It's strange to me how nobody even entertains that notion.
It was not ignored. Child Protection was called in WA, which caused them to bug out in the night. Prior to that, there was a school incident in another state. The family moved frequently to stay underground. Kids were homeschooled after a child reported being beaten. Teacher as a mandatory reporter, did report.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Status: "The Left is angry and I'm a happy guy!" (set 1 day ago)

392 posts, read 74,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post

You really think the mothers being gay is what caused the children's deaths? I would have thought it was some serious mental health issues... Unless you think being gay is a mental health issue (which its not).
Chemical imbalance?

Old 04-10-2019, 03:33 PM

139 posts, read 66,012 times
Homeschooling these kids after the 1st abuse incident and moving to another state each time anyone got suspicious is some of the reasons why they were able to get away with it. I remember when this happened a someone wanted things to change to ensure better communication with CPS across states so other abusive parents could not just do the same. I cannot find where actual steps were taken to get these changes implemented. It has also been said something needs to be done about homeschooling as it is being used by some to hide abuse. Just like with the Harts, there have been cases where kids are suddenly home schooled after abuse accusations. The focus needs to be on closing these loopholes that the Harts exploited in order to continue the abuse of these children.

Old 04-10-2019, 03:42 PM

3,587 posts, read 1,866,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
It was not ignored. Child Protection was called in WA, which caused them to bug out in the night. Prior to that, there was a school incident in another state. The family moved frequently to stay underground. Kids were homeschooled after a child reported being beaten. Teacher as a mandatory reporter, did report.
Red Flags, all of it.

Child Protective Services, my a$$.

Old 04-10-2019, 03:47 PM

12,228 posts, read 7,248,070 times
Quote:
You may be absolutely correct. I don't know. None of us does. What bothers me is that nobody wants to ponder ANY possibility that the CPS authorities turned a blind eye because of the lesbian factor. Are you 100% sure that didn't happen?

All I'm saying is "Let's look", but everyone else is screaming "Bigot!" at me.
I don't see what their sexual orientation has to do with anything. Plenty of kids have been failed by the system. Not because of the parents sexual orientation, but because the system is too overwhelmed. There are not enough resources to properly care for all the children in foster care, and unfortunately it's the children that suffer.

Old 04-10-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I don't see what their sexual orientation has to do with anything. Plenty of kids have been failed by the system. Not because of the parents sexual orientation, but because the system is too overwhelmed. There are not enough resources to properly care for all the children in foster care, and unfortunately it's the children that suffer.
That's the problem -- you think it couldn't possibly matter, not in any way, shape or form.

Children suffered and died. Everything matters. EVERY possible link should be investigated in this case... including the possible failure of CPS to expose the failings of a "protected species" in order to appease certain advocate groups who like to scream "foul!" when things don't go their way.

Children's lives are at stake. No stones should be left un-turned, including stones marked "homosexual couple".

Old 04-10-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
That's the problem -- you think it couldn't possibly matter, not in any way, shape or form. ".
And how exactly does it matter?

When heterosexual couples abuse their children, do you also blame it on their sexual orientation? Or is it only when the couple is gay?

Old 04-10-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
And how exactly does it matter?

When heterosexual couples abuse their children, do you also blame it on their sexual orientation? Or is it only when the couple is gay?

Oh, brother. You're being ridiculous now.

I can't make it any clearer. I'm done.

Old 04-10-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Oh, brother. You're being ridiculous now.

I can't make it any clearer. I'm done.
It's ridiculous to ask that you back up your claims? I don't see why the couple's sexual orientation matters when both gay and straight couples have been known to abuse children in their care. You seem to think otherwise, and Im curious as to what specifics in this case make you think that.

Old 04-10-2019, 04:58 PM

4,591 posts, read 2,113,524 times
Quote:
Child Protective Services, my a$$.
That’s because situations where children are actively being abused are the minority of their caseloads. The vast majority of cases involve pregnant women who test positive for drugs, or newborns who have a positive Meconium stat test (testing the very first bowel movement from a newborn can detect drug use by the mother back to the 6th month of pregnancy).

These are clear cut cases with laboratory evidence; no assessment skills or even gut instinct required. This is also where race matters: The tox screens are not standing orders for every patient; they are ordered largely based on suspicions by doctors & nurses in the hospitals. There are many “signals” that can prompt a tox screen to be ordered; anything from appearance, behavior, visitors, to lack of prenatal care.

The tests are literally done from bias & as a result; black women are more likely to tested & more likely to have a D&N (dependency & neglect) action filed against them.

County departments of health & human services receive extra funding for each child placed outside of the home. You can see where this is headed ...

Meanwhile, inexperienced caseworkers go on home visits for allegations of abuse or neglect of older children without much training & without having every “T” crossed & “I” dotted for them; they make mistakes. That’s how we hear about tragedies where; “CPS investigated several different times but closed the case after finding no evidence of wrongdoing ...”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events