U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 06:05 PM

8,787 posts, read 7,994,624 times

Advertisements

The point in this is that six innocent children were murdered and there were red flags everywhere and they STILL fell through the cracks.

Does no one care about these poor kids? Can you even imagine their lives if they are running to the neighbors to ask for food?

The one mom was drunk driving them off the cliff and the other was trying to google whether or not it would be painful.

How do you keep this from happening again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 07:40 PM

5,562 posts, read 3,496,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
It's ridiculous to ask that you back up your claims? I don't see why the couple's sexual orientation matters when both gay and straight couples have been known to abuse children in their care. You seem to think otherwise, and Im curious as to what specifics in this case make you think that.
Maybe the couple's orientation has no bearing on the case. But then again, maybe whoever approved these adoptions chose to scrutinize this couple less thoroughly than they otherwise would have, out of politically correct deference to their status as member of a protected class. You don't think this could possibly have happened? Well, then I suggest you read up on the child-abuse scandal in Rotherham, England, where gangs of Muslim immigrants abused dozens, maybe hundreds, of children, and the police looked the other way out of fear of being accused of racism.

Such moral cowardice is disgusting. But it happens. And it's possible that it happened in this case, and maybe that's why this couple wasn't scrutinized as closely as they should have been.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:17 PM

6,436 posts, read 5,168,055 times
We always hear about how difficult the process is to adopt kids. For these parents to put kids through all of what they went through is horrible. I hope the Child Service Agency will change its policies to make sure another child doesn't slip through the cracks of abuse and negligent under their watch.

Old 04-11-2019, 03:47 AM

3,587 posts, read 1,866,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Maybe the couple's orientation has no bearing on the case. But then again, maybe whoever approved these adoptions chose to scrutinize this couple less thoroughly than they otherwise would have, out of politically correct deference to their status as member of a protected class. You don't think this could possibly have happened? Well, then I suggest you read up on the child-abuse scandal in Rotherham, England, where gangs of Muslim immigrants abused dozens, maybe hundreds, of children, and the police looked the other way out of fear of being accused of racism.

Such moral cowardice is disgusting. But it happens. And it's possible that it happened in this case, and maybe that's why this couple wasn't scrutinized as closely as they should have been.
Exactly! It's very concerning to me when people refuse to consider this possibility.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:47 AM

1,494 posts, read 410,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Because they probably had serious mental problems and we're delusional enough to think they were the only one's who could "care" for these children.

Same for murder/suicides committed by bio parents.
If one of the "parents" had done this then I'd say mental illness. But both were having the same psychotic episide and suffered the same delusions? I'd actually say demonic possession is more likely than that scenario. How often do both parents decide killing their kids is a good idea? it's nearly always one parent that goes berserk, and the other one ends up dead with the kids.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:02 AM

76,250 posts, read 68,331,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
You may be absolutely correct. I don't know. None of us does. What bothers me is that nobody wants to ponder ANY possibility that the CPS authorities turned a blind eye because of the lesbian factor. Are you 100% sure that didn't happen?

All I'm saying is "Let's look", but everyone else is screaming "Bigot!" at me.
I think social work authorities are prone to misjudging situations, overlooking red flags, and other errors. There have been so many tragedies, because of some kind of lapse on the part of people tasked with oversight, that I wouldn't jump to a conclusion that a pair of adoptive parents was consciously given extra leeway because of their sexual orientation. That's a pretty big leap, considering how relatively common lapses in the system are.

Old 04-11-2019, 03:52 PM

12,228 posts, read 7,248,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
If one of the "parents" had done this then I'd say mental illness. But both were having the same psychotic episide and suffered the same delusions? I'd actually say demonic possession is more likely than that scenario. How often do both parents decide killing their kids is a good idea? it's nearly always one parent that goes berserk, and the other one ends up dead with the kids.
Demonic possession? Yeah, Im sticking with serious mental illness.

They knew neighbors had reported them, that there was a potential for the kids to be taken away, and their "perfect" social media image would be shattered. Neither of them wanted that to happen, so they planned the fake car accident together. I don't find it to be that much of a stretch that one crazy person married another crazy person.

Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM

6,131 posts, read 1,120,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think social work authorities are prone to misjudging situations, overlooking red flags, and other errors. There have been so many tragedies, because of some kind of lapse on the part of people tasked with oversight, that I wouldn't jump to a conclusion that a pair of adoptive parents was consciously given extra leeway because of their sexual orientation. That's a pretty big leap, considering how relatively common lapses in the system are.
With about 450,000 kids in the U.S. foster care system on any one day, I would be willing to bet that at least some caseworkers have felt the need to let some things slide when it comes to approving potential foster and/or adoptive parents or investigating misdeeds by them, just as it happens with biological parents in some cases. My question, as it has been for many years -- and I think I am beginning to sound like a broken record! -- is what should be done with all these kids who have not been adequately cared for?

Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM

3,113 posts, read 3,015,053 times
Quote:
What was it about those two females that netted them six adopted children in the first place? Was it their lesbianism or their "marriage" that made them so attractive to the adoption services.
I remember reading a while back that same sex partners were more willing to take older children, children of another race, children with special needs, more siblings etc.
More traditional couples mostly prefer adopting a baby that more closely resembles themselves. At least that how it usually went.

Of course in any case, things can go horribly wrong.

I knew a couple who adopted 2 siblings as toddlers from Russia who "looked" more like them, but this was before it was widely known how psychologically damaged many of them were, and they've been through hell with this kids.

I also know a young man who's mother was a drug addict and all 5 of his siblings were from different men!
They were all put in foster care, then all were adopted by a lesbian couple. Unfortunately, they couldn't handle it and gave them back! (Not clear on how that one worked...they had a return policy??) They went back into foster care, and the young man had a lot of troubles as a teenager, but has turned his life around and has created a beautiful family of his own. So proud of him! He's even reunited with his mother who recovered from her addictions.

Adoption can be tricky business and there are a lot of horror stories out there, (this story of the 2 mothers with their 6 kids is a nightmare!) and those are the ones that make the news. I think most turn out pretty well, and personally, I have 2 friends who who have good lives and a loving family because of adoption.

Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM

1,640 posts, read 456,904 times
Quote:
The photo of the tearful little boy hugging that cop breaks my heart. I'll see that forever now. What horrors caused those tears to flow? What horrors did he go though because the PC system would protect and promote two lesbians at the expense of six children.

I am sickened beyond words.
You dont have to see that for long. Just so you know that picture is from a Ferguson protest in Oregon from 2014. Funny enough, it comes right off the CNN website. Pretty disappointing that CNN can get away with using this picture as a tearjerker for people that have no clue about the protest. The picture went viral, Im surprised no one noticed. The notion that people missed this is kinda funny now.

https://www.cnn.com/2014/11/29/livin...hug/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events