U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:17 AM

11,583 posts, read 3,882,978 times

Advertisements

People just never cease to amaze me.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...cid=spartanntp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:23 AM

6,775 posts, read 4,152,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

That's not a person. That's an animal.

It's rabid and needs to be put down.

Old Today, 05:25 AM

22,434 posts, read 18,910,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

Old Today, 05:37 AM

57,227 posts, read 40,161,667 times
Cases like this make me wonder why there's so much opposition to the death penalty. IMO, if there's absolutely no doubt of guilt, the man is convicted and no legal anomalies are found, the sentence should be quickly applied with no years of appeal based on nothing but the defense not liking the results of trial.

Old Today, 05:51 AM
Status: "DNA finds family you never knew you had" (set 4 days ago)

1,108 posts, read 1,829,630 times
^^^ yes instead he'll end up with three hots and a cot for the rest of his life most likely.

Old Today, 06:05 AM

19,460 posts, read 16,001,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Cases like this make me wonder why there's so much opposition to the death penalty. IMO, if there's absolutely no doubt of guilt, the man is convicted and no legal anomalies are found, the sentence should be quickly applied with no years of appeal based on nothing but the defense not liking the results of trial.
I donít think people oppose the death penalty as much as the way itís applied. As long as whether you get it or not depends on how much money you have for an attorney, it shouldnít be used IMO.

Old Today, 06:07 AM

6,775 posts, read 4,152,930 times
Florida does have capital punishment.

The last execution was December 13, 2018.

Old Today, 06:27 AM

9,039 posts, read 4,555,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
There are some people who are truly pro-life, and believe that it doesn't just apply to unborn babies. I'm not one of them, and don't necessarily agree with them, but I can respect that they are consistent in their belief in the sanctity of all life, applied across the board, from cute little babies to the worst of the worst.

Old Today, 06:27 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,860,161 times
If I said what I'm really thinking ... !

A quick execution is needed here. I agree with Ocnjgirl. I'm not "pro-death penalty" and I'm not "anti-death penalty". But in cases like this I embrace "An eye for an eye, a life for a life."

This scumbag doesn't deserve any leniency from us. He certainly doesn't deserve a room, food, clean water and health benefits to boot, not to mention free legal insistence. One bullet to the head is good enough. But hand him a shovel and let him dig his own grave first.

Old Today, 06:41 AM

57,227 posts, read 40,161,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I donít think people oppose the death penalty as much as the way itís applied. As long as whether you get it or not depends on how much money you have for an attorney, it shouldnít be used IMO.

In cases where there's absolutely no doubt as to guilt I'd hope even the biggest buck attorneys would fail to win a 'not guilty' verdict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events