U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM

10,080 posts, read 13,953,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
The mom seems to have over reacted and been in the wrong for cutting in...but when a stranger lays hands on someone's kids...it's going to bring out the mama bear.
It didn't always used to be like that, in fact the 'don't touch or else' stuff is fairly recent (last decade or so), so it's not surprising to me that someone that old wouldn't think twice about reaching out to touch a kid. Honestly I think the idea that no one is allowed to touch or speak to someone's kids is over the top. All these 'momma bears' who want to go ballistic over people that have no ill intentions, they need to be declawed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM

43,160 posts, read 51,702,597 times
Anyone who would be enough of an ahole to cut in line would likely have no issue beating up the elderly.

Old Yesterday, 08:54 AM

9,093 posts, read 4,574,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
It didn't always used to be like that, in fact the 'don't touch or else' stuff is fairly recent (last decade or so), so it's not surprising to me that someone that old wouldn't think twice about reaching out to touch a kid. Honestly I think the idea that no one is allowed to touch or speak to someone's kids is over the top. All these 'momma bears' who want to go ballistic over people that have no ill intentions, they need to be declawed.
Short of saving them from danger, I can't think of any reason why anyone should touch a child that isn't theirs, regardless of whether it was done decades ago.

Old Yesterday, 09:05 AM

10,080 posts, read 13,953,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Short of saving them from danger, I can't think of any reason why anyone should touch a child that isn't theirs, regardless of whether it was done decades ago.
I don't know, maybe for the same reason you might touch someones arm when you chat with them, because, human contact. When did we become so afraid of physical contact between people, including children, and is this really the direction we want to go in? And yet people lament how everyone is so self absorbed and rude, and that we really have no personal contact any more. Where do you suppose that starts?

Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM

23,562 posts, read 29,666,114 times
you have a lot of scumbags that cut the line and are even proud of it. the lady got angry because she got called out. that is why she reacted as she did.

Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM

20,239 posts, read 37,347,792 times
Quote:
I don't know, maybe for the same reason you might touch someones arm when you chat with them, because, human contact. When did we become so afraid of physical contact between people, including children, and is this really the direction we want to go in? And yet people lament how everyone is so self absorbed and rude, and that we really have no personal contact any more. Where do you suppose that starts?

Exactly. And perhaps the elderly woman (since she says she used one finger) touched to get the child's attention?

Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM

Quote:
I've never felt the need to touch someone's arm when I chat with them. I've always found that weird. I don't think there needs to be actual physical contact to have a personal connection with someone.

Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM

50,781 posts, read 41,014,427 times
Quote:
I agree. When I read about the touching, I was like "Doh! shoulda kept your hands to yourself, and you don't go pawing other people's kids."

The mom seems to have over reacted and been in the wrong for cutting in...but when a stranger lays hands on someone's kids...it's going to bring out the mama bear.
If it had been a 30 year old guy she doesn't physically attack him.

She saw an old lady she could assault and win so she did.

That tells me a lot about her character.

Old Yesterday, 11:07 AM

50,781 posts, read 41,014,427 times
Quote:
Well...I'm changing my tune on this. The orginal article about this says that other customers rushed to help the lady when she fell, which tells me other people WERE around, so there likely WERE witnesses, who were able to describe what happened...not just the elderly lady.
Yeah, it also could happen pretty fast and unexpected.

I can tell you that if I'd been in line with my elderly mother and that lady had made a grab for her like that, she'd have become the newest youtube "instant karma" video star lol.

Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If it had been a 30 year old guy she doesn't physically attack him.

She saw an old lady she could assault and win so she did.

That tells me a lot about her character.
You'd be surprised. I've seen mama bears go absolutely apes*** on guys twice their size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or