U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 11:57 AM

11,453 posts, read 6,386,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
It didn't always used to be like that, in fact the 'don't touch or else' stuff is fairly recent (last decade or so), so it's not surprising to me that someone that old wouldn't think twice about reaching out to touch a kid. Honestly I think the idea that no one is allowed to touch or speak to someone's kids is over the top. All these 'momma bears' who want to go ballistic over people that have no ill intentions, they need to be declawed.
"Mama bear" is used as an excuse for people like this to act like the violent thug they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 12:11 PM

1,712 posts, read 696,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I agree. When I read about the touching, I was like "Doh! shoulda kept your hands to yourself, and you don't go pawing other people's kids."

The mom seems to have over reacted and been in the wrong for cutting in...but when a stranger lays hands on someone's kids...it's going to bring out the mama bear.
Ok then when your child runs out in the street and I am near then I won't reach out and grab them by the arm. When I grew up if an adult disciplined me I was sure to get disciplined again at home. No you don't slap a child but touching them to tell them that you were first in line or to stop them from running around and causing problems is not wrong. If that brings out the mama bear in you then that is your issue.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:18 PM

1,712 posts, read 696,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
In my defense, for whatever reason, the video of what happened won't load for me, so I can't see it.

And, like Hereford said, we don't know exactly how this went down. IF the touch wasn't so gentle, say like maybe the old lady grabbed the kid...and depending on the age of the kid, and angry words were exchanged...not sure what I'd be capable of.

It's wise to keep our hands to ourselves.
If you aren't sure what you are capable of then perhaps you need anger management. Two wrongs don't make a right. Angry words are one thing but if you resort to grabbing someone and shoving them to the ground you are committing a crime, not to mention not being a good example to your child. That elderly woman hit her head, what if she hit it hard enough to have killed her. The woman would now be facing murder charges. The other side of it is the person you decide to assault may have a gun and you find yourself shot and killed. Take your child and walk away and call the police. It isn't worth either scenario.

Last edited by NorthofHere; 04-11-2019 at 12:49 PM..

Old 04-11-2019, 12:25 PM

4,737 posts, read 2,257,631 times
Best advice on here and I can't rep you twice north.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:26 PM

596 posts, read 273,733 times
She sounds like a typical MAGA supporter

Old 04-11-2019, 12:26 PM

5,764 posts, read 2,037,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
It didn't always used to be like that, in fact the 'don't touch or else' stuff is fairly recent (last decade or so), so it's not surprising to me that someone that old wouldn't think twice about reaching out to touch a kid. Honestly I think the idea that no one is allowed to touch or speak to someone's kids is over the top. All these 'momma bears' who want to go ballistic over people that have no ill intentions, they need to be declawed.

Maybe it is over the top...in some (probably most) situations...and in this situation probably.

If TRULY this elderly woman oh so very gently touched the child...it shouldn't bring out the mama bear. However, IF the touch was more like a grab, or a push...I could see an instinctual reaction happening.

But that said: The way the article reads to me, this mother and her children DID move, because she attacked the elderly lady from behind. That tells me this wasn't an instinctual mother bear reaction, it was a low-life trash, sneaky, tweeked out woman with kids.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:29 PM

9,106 posts, read 4,581,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelondon View Post
That's unnecessary. (and I am most definitely not MAGA-minded! I just think those kind of irrelevant comments are making matters worse these days)

Old 04-11-2019, 09:36 PM

5,652 posts, read 2,713,206 times
To me the bar for confrontation (especially physical) is raised significantly for someone who is elderly. In other words fair or not I'd cede a lot more to a senior citizen than I would someone younger, as long as their behavior is harmless.

I couldn't imagine attacking one for something like this.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:39 PM

1,098 posts, read 743,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelondon View Post
Yes, like you know so many.

Old Yesterday, 12:16 AM

8,289 posts, read 9,649,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Where are her children in the video of the mom fleeing the theater?
They were retrieving the getaway vehicle.

It's a shame someone didn't have any pepper spray on hand to tame the mama bear. A shot right to the face would have been delightful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or