U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 10:19 AM

3,628 posts, read 1,882,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
But you don't know that the other party didn't have anything to do with escalating the situation.

Not to mention, there's no proof of line-jumping. Again, one side of the story.
Amazing, isn't it? We all hear only one version of what happened, and then everyone demands we pick a side.

And when we refuse, they get upset with us, claiming we're defending somebody. WTH!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2019, 10:24 AM

4,630 posts, read 2,133,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
It didn't always used to be like that, in fact the 'don't touch or else' stuff is fairly recent (last decade or so), so it's not surprising to me that someone that old wouldn't think twice about reaching out to touch a kid. Honestly I think the idea that no one is allowed to touch or speak to someone's kids is over the top. All these 'momma bears' who want to go ballistic over people that have no ill intentions, they need to be declawed.
Yeah, where did that come from anyway? "Don't touch my kid ..." I mean; if your kid cut in line, get your kid out of the damn way.

I don't care if she is a mean old bag; she's the elder. My kids would be saying "Excuse me". "I'm sorry". Or they would be saying "Bye Bye ..." to that movie.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:27 AM

6,918 posts, read 4,246,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
This is why I only go to movie theaters that draw demographics I'm comfortable with.

If I did that, I'd only go to Jane Austen movies.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:28 AM

9,210 posts, read 4,639,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Amazing, isn't it? We all hear only one version of what happened, and then everyone demands we pick a side.

And when we refuse, they get upset with us, claiming we're defending somebody. WTH!?
Apparently we learned nothing from Jussie Smollett

Old 04-13-2019, 02:15 PM

3,628 posts, read 1,882,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Apparently we learned nothing from Jussie Smollett

"They", not "we" (you and me). LOL.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:06 PM

9,210 posts, read 4,639,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
"They", not "we" (you and me). LOL.
Ah yes, good clarification. I was meaning "we" as in collective society.

Old 04-14-2019, 11:37 AM

1,753 posts, read 1,567,897 times
Another one of these. I thought parenting was supposed to make you a better person *another bull**** line blown out of the water*

Old 04-14-2019, 11:44 AM

I just read the article. Typical chica gangsta behavior. Its what they do to anyone who challenges what they see as their authority. I can almost see the gang marking tattoos. Pure trash. What's sad is that no one else in line tried to stop her ? Why didn't anyone tackle the beoootch to the ground ???

Old 04-14-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I agree. When I read about the touching, I was like "Doh! shoulda kept your hands to yourself, and you don't go pawing other people's kids."

The mom seems to have over reacted and been in the wrong for cutting in...but when a stranger lays hands on someone's kids...it's going to bring out the mama bear.
You parents want to have your cake and eat it too. You want the Village(tm) for things like monetary support, because you consider it the obligation of everyone to subsidize your lifestyle choices, but you don't want the discipline which used to be one of the biggest tasks of the Village(tm). You can't have it both ways. Kids ALWAYS used to be disciplined and even spanked by the Villagers.

Old 04-14-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, it also could happen pretty fast and unexpected.

I can tell you that if I'd been in line with my elderly mother and that lady had made a grab for her like that, she'd have become the newest youtube "instant karma" video star lol.
Amen. I wouldn't have cared if my elderly mother had pushed her bratty uncivilized brats out with all of her force. People need to stop being intimidated by trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or