Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 01:16 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,014,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Not excusing the mom's behavior at all, but I can't help when I read stories like this to think that there's more to the story than the version we're getting. Statements like "just the gentlest touch" and she tried to apologize ... is that reeeeeally how it happened? Of course she's not going to admit if she was being equally as antagonistic. And why was she touching the child anyway? I don't care how gentle it is. Don't touch someone else's child.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that she actually grabbed the child and was trading insults with the mom.

I agree. When I read about the touching, I was like "Doh! shoulda kept your hands to yourself, and you don't go pawing other people's kids."

The mom seems to have over reacted and been in the wrong for cutting in...but when a stranger lays hands on someone's kids...it's going to bring out the mama bear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 01:22 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 22 hours ago)

35,579 posts, read 17,923,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I agree. When I read about the touching, I was like "Doh! shoulda kept your hands to yourself, and you don't go pawing other people's kids."

The mom seems to have over reacted and been in the wrong for cutting in...but when a stranger lays hands on someone's kids...it's going to bring out the mama bear.
You would attack someone for touching one of your children?

It seems LE knows the elderly woman touched the other woman's children - and now, they are actively searching for her to charge her with a crime.

It isn't as if she punched the child, or kicked her.

Old 04-10-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You would attack someone for touching one of your children?

It seems LE knows the elderly woman touched the other woman's children - and now, they are actively searching for her to charge her with a crime.

It isn't as if she punched the child, or kicked her.

In my defense, for whatever reason, the video of what happened won't load for me, so I can't see it.

And, like Hereford said, we don't know exactly how this went down. IF the touch wasn't so gentle, say like maybe the old lady grabbed the kid...and depending on the age of the kid, and angry words were exchanged...not sure what I'd be capable of.

It's wise to keep our hands to ourselves.

Old 04-10-2019, 01:28 PM

And LE knows what the elderly lady told them.

Old 04-10-2019, 01:39 PM

23,238 posts, read 18,751,797 times
Such a great role model. Whether the old lady touched your kids or not, physically attacking someone and then running away from the commotion YOU created wasn't a good example to set for anyone. All over a theater line? Not exactly high up on the life and death situation scale. Who's the adult around here anyway?

Old 04-10-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
It seems that if this happened in a waiting line . Then others were present . No staff..no other customers witnessed it or stepped in?
So fed up with the publics ability to be indifferent when harm is being administered.
Worse offense was the elder apologizing . She was addressing a social courtesy of waiting in a uniform manner.

Well...I'm changing my tune on this. The orginal article about this says that other customers rushed to help the lady when she fell, which tells me other people WERE around, so there likely WERE witnesses, who were able to describe what happened...not just the elderly lady.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:58 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
This is why I let petty crap like this go
It’s why we order online and get reserved seats...

Old 04-10-2019, 06:08 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,094,368 times
That mom is trash.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:04 AM

938 posts, read 445,783 times
This is why I only go to movie theaters that draw demographics I'm comfortable with.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:48 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,297,247 times
So many people these days with short fuses. Is it the high pressure world we live in or parents neglecting to teach their kids manners when they were young so they have no idea what is appropriate behavior?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events