U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:37 AM

16,549 posts, read 9,625,703 times

Advertisements

This is why people are hesitant to speak out in any situations such as these, because you never know how violent someone might get.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mom-...114621538.html

Quote:
Police are searching for a mom who allegedly grabbed an 81-year-old woman by the hair and dragged her to the ground following a verbal altercation outside a movie theater on Manhattan’s Upper West Side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM

9,077 posts, read 4,568,206 times
Not excusing the mom's behavior at all, but I can't help when I read stories like this to think that there's more to the story than the version we're getting. Statements like "just the gentlest touch" and she tried to apologize ... is that reeeeeally how it happened? Of course she's not going to admit if she was being equally as antagonistic. And why was she touching the child anyway? I don't care how gentle it is. Don't touch someone else's child.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that she actually grabbed the child and was trading insults with the mom.

Old Yesterday, 08:03 AM

9,151 posts, read 3,564,870 times
Where are her children in the video of the mom fleeing the theater?

Old Yesterday, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Where are her children in the video of the mom fleeing the theater?
They may have been ahead of her.

Old Yesterday, 08:13 AM

33,487 posts, read 9,965,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Not excusing the mom's behavior at all, but I can't help when I read stories like this to think that there's more to the story than the version we're getting. Statements like "just the gentlest touch" and she tried to apologize ... is that reeeeeally how it happened? Of course she's not going to admit if she was being equally as antagonistic. And why was she touching the child anyway? I don't care how gentle it is. Don't touch someone else's child.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that she actually grabbed the child and was trading insults with the mom.

Everthing before "but" is a lie.

1. The elderly woman had no business touching anyone's kids.

2. Worse, the 30-year-old had no business pummeling anyone; that's a criminal act.

3. This makes four more people who didn't see Dumbo.

Old Yesterday, 08:41 AM

2,192 posts, read 973,765 times
This is why I let petty crap like this go

Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Everthing before "but" is a lie.

1. The elderly woman had no business touching anyone's kids.

2. Worse, the 30-year-old had no business pummeling anyone; that's a criminal act.

3. This makes four more people who didn't see Dumbo.
No, it's not a lie. The mom was criminal. Full stop.

Just because I'm skeptical that we're getting an accurate picture of what happened, that doesn't mean that I'm excusing the mom's behavior.

Old Yesterday, 10:11 AM

25,318 posts, read 5,142,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This is why people are hesitant to speak out in any situations such as these, because you never know how violent someone might get.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mom-...114621538.html

Right. Now we just can't judge how someone is going to interact...be kind or else.

Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM

1,144 posts, read 537,702 times
Good picture of her. Hope someone who knows this jerk, speaks up. Just think of what her kids will be like, when they are older. She deserves jail time.

Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM

5,690 posts, read 2,598,494 times
It seems that if this happened in a waiting line . Then others were present . No staff..no other customers witnessed it or stepped in?
So fed up with the publics ability to be indifferent when harm is being administered.
Worse offense was the elder apologizing . She was addressing a social courtesy of waiting in a uniform manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or