U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 06:23 AM

16,596 posts, read 9,665,410 times

Advertisements

As per usual, post every perceived slight on social media.

I highly doubtful it was only twice as mum describes. And the theater offered her compensation as well. I think people out there need to think more about others instead of just themselves.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mom-...093005492.html

Quote:
An Illinois mother was in tears after she was kicked out of a movie theater following complaints that her disabled son was making too much noise.

Jennifer Daly posted on Facebook after taking her two sons to see Dumbo Friday night at AMC Lake in the Hills in a suburb of Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 07:09 AM

4,519 posts, read 2,467,855 times
She can Netflix and chill with the kid at home and have a giggle fest all day long.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:16 AM

3,459 posts, read 3,047,318 times
Something sounds 'off' here. I would expect kids at a Dumbo movie. I suspect the son made more than a little noise.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:20 AM

21,690 posts, read 9,121,457 times
People have been asked to leave theaters because of crying infants also. Movie theaters are supposed to be quiet. I don't go to them any longer, and noise is one of the reasons. Talking, phones, texting, phone screens and kids.

So the theaters have a choice--drive away adults who pay to see the movies, or allow noise and distractions that pretty much ruin the theater experience. So I choose to watch films at home a couple of months after they come out, rather than deal with theaters.

The OP thinks movie-goers who pay $15 per ticket to go the movies, should be more considerate of people who bring their babies and/or children who cannot remain quiet. Do you really believe one person should be allowed to disturb all of the others? I think the movie-goers who pay to see a film are not the ones being inconsiderate.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:22 AM

11,917 posts, read 9,922,920 times
First instinct is to post it all over social media. I really dislike social media.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:35 AM

1,158 posts, read 547,574 times
Grown-ups, at theaters are terrible, with talking on cell phones, and having conversations, with the person next to them.....why are they not told to leave. It was Dumbo....how quiet could it have been. Dumbo is for children. Doubt the kids were the ones with issues about this child.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:40 AM

35,748 posts, read 2,697,066 times
I agree, M&m, Dumbo is for kids, it would be strange not to have a giggling kid at the show. People are too uptight.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:22 AM

173 posts, read 55,839 times
I can't overstate this enough, that kid is cute as heck and I'm sure even with any disabilities he would be a blast to play around with, he looks very happy. That being said; people go to, and pay, for movies to watch and be entertained by the movie, not whatever is happening in the audience. Constant loud disruptions (which this may or may not be the case) ruin the experience. I don't want to visit the theaters some of the commentators in this are talking about. I've seen kid movies in theaters, at no point was it a ruckus with kids yelling and screaming the whole time. I feel for the mom, and more so the kid as he looks like a bundle of fun and happiness, but the people who paid their money to watch a movie wanted to watch a movie.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:35 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,992,828 times
I have an autistic son and if I tried to take him to the movies I would either have to hold him down the entire time(which would involve a lot of screaming on his part) or deal with him walking around the theater asking everyone what their favorite number is and if they have any brothers or sisters. So I don't take him to the movies, I watch them at home with him. If you have a child who cannot or will not behave in an manner that is appropriate for a certain venue, you do not take that child there. It's common sense.

Some movie theaters have special days set aside for autistic children. I imagine any child with non violent behavioral issues would we welcome on those days. That reminds me I should take my son to one of these events some time.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:43 AM

9,144 posts, read 4,603,180 times
I suspect it may be a case of mom becoming desensitized to the noises that her son makes, and not realizing how disruptive they are to others who are not accustomed to hearing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or