U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM

9,221 posts, read 3,594,475 times

Advertisements

Apparently he had been to the mall the previous day and intended to murder an adult, but "that didn't work out".

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/15/us/ma...rge/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM

10,540 posts, read 12,922,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The perp has a history of incidents and arrests for various violent acts at Mall of America, some being limited to breakage of sales inventory. He almost seems obsessed with the location. You'd think, that mall management would have sought a restraining order on him, before it came to this.
An obsession with the location with escalating crimes clearly. Shopping malls often attract people like this. I worked in one for years. Numerous strange regulars, some would shoplift, one guy followed women around, one pulled out a mirror and put a "curse" on me. Tragic it was a violent person in this case. It takes a real disconnect from humanity to harm a child. Hate hearing things like this.

Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM

6,833 posts, read 2,701,382 times
"Aranda told police he knew what he was planning to do was wrong. He explained he had visited the mall for years, trying to speak to women there, but they rejected him. Aranda said that made him lash out." - CNN

Another incident to be attributed to an incel. He had earlier thrown a drink at a woman who rejected him, swiped his arm across a table and knocked all the glasses off before that.

Last edited by RbccL; Yesterday at 04:48 PM..

Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM

1,945 posts, read 881,088 times
There was once a "knockout" game played by some african americans on unsuspecting white americans, wherein a random white victim would be selected by one or more young blacks and then knocked unconscious before the perps ran away. Now there is new version called "knockout a nazi" same process and in ways an excuse to beat up anyone white just because someone conveniently decides they are a nazi.

Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,366,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
"Aranda told police he knew what he was planning to do was wrong. He explained he had visited the mall for years,trying to speak to women there, but they rejected him. Aranda said that made him lash out." - CNN

Another incident to be attributed to an incel. He had earlier thrown a drink at a woman who rejected him, swiped his arm across a table and knocked all the glasses off before that.

Like I said in an earlier post. He is not legally insane. He knows what he was doing was wrong. I hope there aren't idiots on the jury who buy an insanity plea. People like him need to be locked away forever. No one gets rehabilitated from trying to kill small children.

Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM

8,940 posts, read 6,154,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
There was once a "knockout" game played by some african americans on unsuspecting white americans, wherein a random white victim would be selected by one or more young blacks and then knocked unconscious before the perps ran away. Now there is new version called "knockout a nazi" same process and in ways an excuse to beat up anyone white just because someone conveniently decides they are a nazi.
.... This is a violent lunatic who lost his mind and nearly killed a child. He wasn't playing some racial game.

How is that related to this story?

Anyway... I'm surprised this man is still alive.

Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM

15,411 posts, read 17,363,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
They wouldn't have needed a restraining order. All they would have needed to do is order their security to keep him out. Which I'm sure they did, but that is what you get from minimum wage mall cops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Normally security has a list and pictures of people to keep out. They are expected to keep a watch out for those people. Obviously they failed.
The Mall of America receives over 110,000 visitors per day on average. Handing out mugshots is not going to do it. You have a very unrealistic and naive view of the challenge to security here.

Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM

3,996 posts, read 1,145,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
"Aranda told police he knew what he was planning to do was wrong. He explained he had visited the mall for years, trying to speak to women there, but they rejected him. Aranda said that made him lash out." - CNN

Yep.

Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM

4,843 posts, read 7,758,028 times
I really don't think as a society we can sink any lower. I really don't.

Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,366,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I really don't think as a society we can sink any lower. I really don't.

Why is this a reflection of our society? This guy is 1 out of many many millions. I've never heard of anyone picking a random child to try to kill in such a way. It's this one guys choice. Maybe we could have done something to make sure this guy didn't have this as an option. But at this point, we need to make sure he never has the chance to do this again. And rehabilitation isn't an option. I don't want to see some psychologist sign off on that BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events