U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 01:04 PM

1,938 posts, read 3,248,065 times

Advertisements

I just saw today the man who threw the little boy off the balcony did so because he was rejected by a woman and went to go kill someone due to his intense anger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 01:25 PM

1,470 posts, read 1,370,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
You say that "they can make choices". But who are YOU (or me) to say which choice is "better"??
See where this leads??
IDK. Maybe it leads to not condoning an attempt to kill a child? How is the choice to target this child for murder and then acting on it defensible in any context?

Old 04-16-2019, 01:27 PM

5,252 posts, read 3,780,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
The choice to NOT throw a little boy off a third-story balcony is "better" than the choice that Aranda made. If we as a society are too timid to make this assertion, we are doomed.
On what basis can we say it's "better"? When morality is discarded, their IS no basis. Just "illness" and "wellness"......and if someone doesn't WANT to be "well", that's their choice..............isn't it??

Old 04-16-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaofan View Post
IDK. Maybe it leads to not condoning an attempt to kill a child? How is the choice to target this child for murder and then acting on it defensible in any context?
He's "mentally ill"...........would you be angry or upset at a cancer patient for having cancer??
Obviously I am being a devil's advocate.

There should be no jail for him. Or any one else.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:37 PM

3,912 posts, read 832,543 times
Quote:
He's "mentally ill"...........would you be angry or upset at a cancer patient for having cancer??

Are you saying that he should be free to return to the mall and do that to another child?

Old 04-16-2019, 02:04 PM

4,849 posts, read 7,762,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Why is this a reflection of our society? This guy is 1 out of many many millions. I've never heard of anyone picking a random child to try to kill in such a way. It's this one guys choice. Maybe we could have done something to make sure this guy didn't have this as an option. But at this point, we need to make sure he never has the chance to do this again. And rehabilitation isn't an option. I don't want to see some psychologist sign off on that BS.
You missed my whole point. I have never heard of such a thing either. I never would have conceived of it - until now.

I don't apply any psychological BS whatsoever to this incident at all. The man that did this was an absolute gutless, evil, cruel monster. NO excuses. None.

Our family is taking up a collection on Easter to send to the Go Fund Me set up for this little boy. First time I have ever felt so compelled to do so.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:

And yet he ran and tried to avoid being apprehended, indicating that he knew that what he had chosen to do was wrong. Mental illness or just evil human being?

And do you really believe criminals should face no consequences and just be left free to continue to commit crimes? Eventually, one of them is going to do something that affects your or someone you care about. What about that person? Is that going to be all right, too? Why bother to have laws or law enforcement if no one is ever going to be held accountable for choosing to harm others?

Old 04-16-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaofan View Post
And yet he ran and tried to avoid being apprehended, indicating that he knew that what he had chosen to do was wrong. Mental illness or just evil human being?

And do you really believe criminals should face no consequences and just be left free to continue to commit crimes? Eventually, one of them is going to do something that affects your or someone you care about. What about that person? Is that going to be all right, too? Why bother to have laws or law enforcement if no one is ever going to be held accountable for choosing to harm others?
Most of the people who you hear saying "this guy was mentally ill" are secretly saying he should not be held accountable. He was "ill". Don't punish him, or lock him up.

I find that gross and disgusting.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Most of the people who you hear saying "this guy was mentally ill" are secretly saying he should not be held accountable. He was "ill". Don't punish him, or lock him up.

I find that gross and disgusting.
????

Earlier you said "There should be no jail for him or anyone else." You can't have it both ways.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:21 PM

1,938 posts, read 3,248,065 times
The man definitely needs to do jail time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events