Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2019, 01:40 PM

28,607 posts, read 18,643,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Who holds their kids hand 100 % of the time when out and about ? That doesn't even make sense.
Yeah...its not right to question any parent why they didn't hold their child's hand in a shopping mall outside rainforest café'. This is not the fault of the mother.
In the mall? I was a single parent from the time my son was nine months until he turned five. Once he got auto-mobile, I most certainly did continually hold his hand in the mall, otherwise he'd have darted beyond my control in a heartbeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 01:54 PM

9,344 posts, read 6,909,687 times
I think they should drop this guy from the 3rd floor until he’s dead. Probably will take a few tries.

Old 04-20-2019, 02:02 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,836,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
In the mall? I was a single parent from the time my son was nine months until he turned five. Once he got auto-mobile, I most certainly did continually hold his hand in the mall, otherwise he'd have darted beyond my control in a heartbeat.
You’re just making crap up to sound superior. Nice try, so if the child was 6 it wouldn’t be the moms fault? WTH...you’re either a little short guy or have some awfully long arms to have been constantly holding hands with a kid 0-5... some of us are just regular sized and proportioned. You couldn’t catch your son when he was 3 or 4 even?

Old 04-20-2019, 05:09 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,913,906 times
Quote:
There is nothing in the article about the hellacious fight the mother put up to prevent it from happening, either.
"Surveillance video at the mall shows Aranda walking in the mall on the third floor, looking over the balcony several times, before approaching the victim and his mother, CBS Minnesota reports. The mother of the boy told authorities Aranda approached them and, without warning, picked the boy up and threw him over the side of the balcony."

How long does it take someone to pull a small child away from his mother and throw him over the balcony? You weren't there, I wasn't there, so quit judging the mother based on what you're imagining happened and how you've decided you want to parse the words in a news article.

Old 04-21-2019, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
"Surveillance video at the mall shows Aranda walking in the mall on the third floor, looking over the balcony several times, before approaching the victim and his mother, CBS Minnesota reports. The mother of the boy told authorities Aranda approached them and, without warning, picked the boy up and threw him over the side of the balcony."

How long does it take someone to pull a small child away from his mother and throw him over the balcony? You weren't there, I wasn't there, so quit judging the mother based on what you're imagining happened and how you've decided you want to parse the words in a news article.
Okay, sounds fine. I hadn't read that particular article.

Old 04-21-2019, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
You’re just making crap up to sound superior. Nice try, so if the child was 6 it wouldn’t be the moms fault? WTH...you’re either a little short guy or have some awfully long arms to have been constantly holding hands with a kid 0-5... some of us are just regular sized and proportioned. You couldn’t catch your son when he was 3 or 4 even?
That didn't make any sense.

No kids, huh?

Old 04-21-2019, 07:16 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,836,318 times
Quote:
That didn't make any sense.

No kids, huh?
Your posts are what didn’t make any sense. Awful thing to say. Yes ‘kids’ -and I kept her right by me, especially at the MOA. Hold her hand tight enough, so that no one could grab her the entire time we were out? For 5 years? That’s what makes no sense. What if the mom reads what you wrote? That was pathetic.

Old 04-21-2019, 07:29 AM

35,516 posts, read 17,781,307 times
Quote:
That explains why you think his child's hand should have been held.

Most 5 year olds don't do that.

And that's why some kids are on child leashes in public. I've never seen a child on a leash that didn't appear to need to be on one, by the way, so I don't understand the negative public opinion of child leashes.

Your child could have used a leash - most don't need that.

It's kind of bizarre, actually, to hold a 5 year old's hand always in public, unless they specifically have that behavior of darting away unpredictably. It's a little like those parents who move with their student to college.

5 year olds don't need hand holding unless there's a problem.

Old 04-21-2019, 07:32 AM

17,110 posts, read 21,770,727 times
Bring on the lawyers!

Balcony throw = millions to go!

Guy was a threat to the mall, the mall didn't keep patrons safe from this known threat, kid gets tossed/injured while doing nothing wrong. Only argument I didn't see here in this thread was the concealed carry, where the shooter could have stopped this tragedy by shooting the perp!

Old 04-21-2019, 09:46 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,125,583 times
My mother used a leash on me when I was little and I used a leash on my kid when she was little. NBD. Kept us out of harm's way plus helped keeping from getting scraped knees. There was no such thing as a mall when I was little and I don't think we had as many whack jobs when my kid was little, when malls were just starting to be built.

My mother always held my hand when crossing the street or walking the sidewalks. I, again, followed her example. Nothing wrong with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events