U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 08:24 AM

34,440 posts, read 33,347,726 times

Advertisements

This is not about the dangers of online dating and a possible serial killer. It is not about the heartbreak of people who cheat on their spouses and it ends up badly.

No, this is the current story of a lot (more than usual) of randy alligators in Florida roaming around due to hunger and lust.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hu...ida/ar-BBVWQlu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 08:30 AM

3,647 posts, read 1,890,542 times
It's just another reason to hate Florida.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:39 PM

212 posts, read 32,770 times
Nothing new here. These stories you'll see every spring.
Good fodder for media, but also a good warning for the uninitiated.
This had been happening in the tropics/subtropics as long as man have lived there and thousands of years before.
But then there are those who take lemons and make lemonade, as the saying goes. Yummy!

7 ways to cook with gator - Wild Florida Blog - Wild Florida Airboats
https://blog.wildfloridairboats.com/...ook-with-gator

How to Make Alligator Meat Taste Absolutely Delicious
https://www.wideopencountry.com/youl...r-meat-recipe/

Old 04-16-2019, 04:32 PM

9,053 posts, read 6,232,448 times
It happens every year. It's nothing new.

Also, if it's away from its home, the alligator is very unlikely to do anything at all, unless for some reason you decide to grab it.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:01 AM

9,931 posts, read 4,598,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
This is not about the dangers of online dating and a possible serial killer. It is not about the heartbreak of people who cheat on their spouses and it ends up badly.

No, this is the current story of a lot (more than usual) of randy alligators in Florida roaming around due to hunger and lust.

I lived in Fort Myers for quite a few years. Now I'm in neighboring Cape Coral. We see these stories all the time and are used to them.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:29 AM

22,557 posts, read 19,011,397 times
It's mating season. Every single year those horny buggers crawl under cars, into swimming pools, cross streets. No big deal.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:49 AM

34,440 posts, read 33,347,726 times
Why doesn't someone (you know, like a government alligator pimp probably working for animal control ) bring the girl alligators to them? Keep them off the streets. I shouldn't say that or it will be pork in some political bill.

I know if I was looking for love I wouldn't be cruising the highways or lounging on someone's lanai. If they do it every year, have any Floridians seen them mating away from their alligator home?

Old 04-17-2019, 01:08 PM

3,647 posts, read 1,890,542 times
New Yorkers feel the same about five-feet of snow -- what's the big deal?

Old 04-17-2019, 03:02 PM

22,557 posts, read 19,011,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Ha-ha, I posted without even looking at your link, Laura. I just did and see that pic posted by the North Port police is the little plaza I go to get my smokes. Just a few doors down from Wings and Rings. Oh! Now I remember seeing 3 cruisers there the other day! That must have been the day that gator was under the car. I had wondered why 3 cruisers were surrounding a car. Guess I better start looking out more.

Man, that strolling gator was big, huhn? I live on a canal but haven't had any unwelcome reptiles, knock on wood.

Old 04-27-2019, 07:16 AM

1,421 posts, read 605,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
It's just another reason to hate Florida.
Canít see that, I canít see any reason to hate the place, granted I donít live there, but Iíve been there dozens of times, from Lake City in the north, down to Naples in the south, and on to The Keys.
Gainesville, Ocala, Brooksville, Tampa, Sarasota, Venice, Punta Gorda and Fort Myers, Iíve roamed around them all, I prefer the West Side, but Iíve done St. Augustine, Daytona Beach, Cocoa Beach, Boca Raton, down to Miami.
Everywhere seemed good to me, I treated the natives politely, and they were the same with me, whatís not to like?
The only place Iíd give a wide berth to in future would be Orlando, too many Brits.
Donít get me wrong, I live in U.K., and although Iím French by blood, Iím happy to live in England and carry a U.K. passport.
The vast majority of my countrymen are great, but a certain sub section bring U.K. down when theyíre on vacation, and it seems a whole slew of them are attracted by Floridaís sunshine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events