U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 01:56 PM

41 posts, read 49,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
He was not doing 50, 55, he was doing 67.

Looking at the map of that highway, there are many left turn areas and entrance/exits of people getting on the road, no wonder it is 45 on that road.

I work about two miles from the area on the picture Cloudy Dayze posted above. That appears to be HWY 101 in Greer. The mound you see on your right in the photo is the end of an air port runway, GSP Airport. It's not uncommon to see a large air bus fly over your head coming in for a landing right there.

If you continue straight about a mile in the direction of the photo that was posted you will find the BMW manufacturing plant on either side of the road. A highly, at times, congested area of traffic. Not including the tremendous amount of big rigs that enter and exit that facility throughout all hours of the day.

Just a few weeks ago a motor cyclist was killed in that exact area by a car that pulled out in front of him exiting the plant. I would imagine patrol awareness in that area was stepped up.

So, yeah. It's 45mph in that area for a reason. Not necessarily a speed trap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2019, 02:36 PM

4,788 posts, read 1,893,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoe View Post
I work about two miles from the area on the picture Cloudy Dayze posted above. That appears to be HWY 101 in Greer. The mound you see on your right in the photo is the end of an air port runway, GSP Airport. It's not uncommon to see a large air bus fly over your head coming in for a landing right there.

If you continue straight about a mile in the direction of the photo that was posted you will find the BMW manufacturing plant on either side of the road. A highly, at times, congested area of traffic. Not including the tremendous amount of big rigs that enter and exit that facility throughout all hours of the day.

Just a few weeks ago a motor cyclist was killed in that exact area by a car that pulled out in front of him exiting the plant. I would imagine patrol awareness in that area was stepped up.

So, yeah. It's 45mph in that area for a reason. Not necessarily a speed trap.

It's highway 14, not 101. The airport runway on one side, doesn't impact traffic in anyway. The rest is forest land on both sides. It's inexcusable to have a 45 mph speed limit on a six lane wide highway through an undeveloped area. There is something fishy about that. I would bet money that it's a speed trap. People drive the speed they feel it is safe to drive. They naturally speed up when driving on a six lane wide highway through and undeveloped area with nothing but a runway and trees nearby. Places like that are ideal locations for speed traps.

Old 04-19-2019, 05:22 PM

15,428 posts, read 17,406,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
How soon do we hear about his disadvantaged childhood being the excuse for what a rotting bag of crap he grew up to be?
I was going to say something about you bringing it up first, and that yeah, people say that kind of stupid BS, but then I got down to Cloudy Dayz absolutely and stupefyingly inane denfense of this POS's actions, and... well, the wind went out of my sails. His response was way worse than your prediction. Like a parody of the worst kind of SJW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Why was he speeding? He was doing 67 mph in a 45 mph zone on a straight six lane wide highway. That is probably the average speed on that highway. Other states have speed limits as high as 85 mph on roads not even that wide, or straight. Which is why the cops love roads like that. They know they can pull over any car they want, which is usually those driven by African Americans.

Why did he run? Probably because he had drugs in his car, and didn't want to go to prison. He also was probably in fear for his life. It's well known that cops shoot and kill many people, especially African Americans, even when they don't have a weapon. It's all part of the 50 year long failed War on Drugs, which has done nothing but increased drug use in this country. Which is what usually happens when you tell people they can't do something. For example: Prohibition. But that still doesn't stop the government from locking up millions of Americans for it anyway.

Why did he have his child in the car with him? What would you propose he do with her? Leave her home alone?

South Carolina Highway 14, near I-85. The location of the initial traffic stop.
None of this explains why a man would leave his baby to burn to death.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:07 PM

24,245 posts, read 23,246,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I was going to say something about you bringing it up first, and that yeah, people say that kind of stupid BS, but then I got down to Cloudy Dayz absolutely and stupefyingly inane denfense of this POS's actions, and... well, the wind went out of my sails. His response was way worse than your prediction. Like a parody of the worst kind of SJW.

No, it doesn't.

If I had drugs in my car I sure as hell wouldn't be driving 22 mph over the posted speed limit.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:19 PM

9,023 posts, read 6,201,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
No, it doesn't.

If I had drugs in my car I sure as hell wouldn't be driving 22 mph over the posted speed limit.
Exactly.

Old 04-20-2019, 03:50 AM

4,788 posts, read 1,893,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post

That has already been covered. He gave an explanation for that. You just don't want to hear it.

Quote:
"I just know that the car wasn't on fire when I got out of the car. I would have stayed in the car with my daughter. I would never have got out the car while the car was on fire," Norman told a judge at his bond hearing on Friday night.
Family Stands Behind SC Father Who Left Daughter in Burning Car _ wfmynews2.com[

Old 04-20-2019, 08:57 AM

15,428 posts, read 17,406,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
That has already been covered. He gave an explanation for that. You just don't want to hear it.

Family Stands Behind SC Father Who Left Daughter in Burning Car _ wfmynews2.com[
Oh, so he didn't abandon her to burn, just to whatever fate an unattended baby on the highway might meet. I take it back, the man is obviously a candidate for father of the year.

Old 04-20-2019, 09:09 AM
Status: "Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic." (set 4 days ago)

4,672 posts, read 3,529,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WacoBill View Post
Imhotep Osiris Norman, 26, of Spartanburg, S.C., running from the law, tossing drugs out the car window, and tries to escape on foot, left child in car.....

Imhotep Norman: What we know about SC man charged in his 1-year-old's burning car death (Greenville News)
You see, these ordinary common misunderstood drug users and dealers, the low level perps... these are who the Dems are fighting for to lessen their sentences, heck, not to arrest them at all. In fact, it's the cop's fault this child is dead, if they hadn't chased the innocent until proven guilty non-perp, he wouldn't have crashed his car...

I say let's sue the cops and immediately let this guy out of prison. He's a victim in this case...

Old 04-21-2019, 09:50 AM

22,535 posts, read 18,988,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
You see, these ordinary common misunderstood drug users and dealers, the low level perps... these are who the Dems are fighting for to lessen their sentences, heck, not to arrest them at all. In fact, it's the cop's fault this child is dead, if they hadn't chased the innocent until proven guilty non-perp, he wouldn't have crashed his car...

I say let's sue the cops and immediately let this guy out of prison. He's a victim in this case...
Yep, that's what the REAL deplorables want for this country.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:55 AM

9,392 posts, read 2,366,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
If you have a difficult time obeying such a speed limit, and in doing so did 22mph over the limit, you should not have a license. Seems a mental issue with you, really, seriously, if you have some issue with doing the speed limit.

He was not doing 50, 55, he was doing 67.

Looking at the map of that highway, there are many left turn areas and entrance/exits of people getting on the road, no wonder it is 45 on that road.

At that, he was speeding, can't do the time, do not do the crime, he well knew what the speed limit was, knew he had drugs with him, had his kid, zero care he had.

Got it, so you are saying all black people should now not ever be approached or anything when they are breaking the law, they are in fact above the law, the law does not apply, right?

He was running not because he was scared of getting shot by a cop, but because he had drugs, and was out on bond from a drug charge.

Your "the cop might shoot" is the most absurd reasoning I have ever read, absolutely ridiculous that you think a guy, who knows he is breaking the law, is justified in their actions such as this, because "he thinks the cop will shoot him". Pure idiotic reasoning.
Drug laws are unconstitutional actually.

Historically, we celebrate and honor people who REFUSE TO COMPLY or DISOBEY 'unconstitutional' laws, Law enforcement 'just doing their jobs' enforcing unconstitutional laws, has never been acceptable or tolerated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events