Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 01:39 PM

349 posts, read 258,967 times

Advertisements

Imhotep Osiris Norman, 26, of Spartanburg, S.C., running from the law, tossing drugs out the car window, and tries to escape on foot, left child in car.....

Imhotep Norman: What we know about SC man charged in his 1-year-old's burning car death (Greenville News)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 01:59 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,285,572 times
I'm having difficulty finding the right words to describe how I feel about this so-called human being. My heart breaks for the helpless infant that never had a chance at life.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:59 PM

23,015 posts, read 18,357,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WacoBill View Post
Imhotep Osiris Norman, 26, of Spartanburg, S.C., running from the law, tossing drugs out the car window, and tries to escape on foot, left child in car.....

Imhotep Norman: What we know about SC man charged in his 1-year-old's burning car death (Greenville News)
Imhotep was a venerated Egyptian scholar. Osiris was the Egyptian god of the Afterlife. Sorry, bearing the name of an ancient god doesn't make you one. Enjoy the living Afterlife, selfish coward.

Old 04-17-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Imhotep was a venerated Egyptian scholar. Osiris was the Egyptian god of the Afterlife. Sorry, bearing the name of an ancient god doesn't make you one. Enjoy the living Afterlife, selfish coward.
Agreed. The parents of this miscreant had such high hopes for their baby to give him those names. Aside from killing his child, he was not on the good side of the law, at all.

Old 04-17-2019, 04:02 PM

6,425 posts, read 9,753,059 times
He could have saved his kid and dropped the drugs into the fire and would have not faced charges for the childs death or the drugs

Old 04-17-2019, 04:59 PM

652 posts, read 338,320 times
How soon do we hear about his disadvantaged childhood being the excuse for what a rotting bag of crap he grew up to be?

Old 04-17-2019, 05:26 PM

15,255 posts, read 8,870,905 times
Quote:
Family Stands Behind SC Father Who Left Daughter in Burning Car

Troopers say they were pursuing her father for speeding on I-85 in Greenville County, and they say Norman eventually escaped out of the car after it caught fire, leaving Xena inside.

"I just know that the car wasn't on fire when I got out of the car. I would have stayed in the car with my daughter. I would never have got out the car while the car was on fire," Norman told a judge at his bond hearing on Friday night.

The family of Xena's mother, Thaisa Young, joined together Monday in solidarity behind Xena's dad.

"We believe him, we 100% both sides of the family believe what he's saying, if he would have knew, he would not have got out of the car," said Xena's great aunt Renalla Clowney.

When the incident happened Friday, investigators say Norman threw a bag of marijuana, meth, and amphetamines out of the car while they were in pursuit.
Family Stands Behind SC Father Who Left Daughter in Burning Car _ wfmynews2.com

Old 04-17-2019, 07:56 PM

After reading several more articles on this, including "Cloudy Dayz's" above...

1. The fact remains, he left his child while fleeing police. He left his child.

2. How long was it from when this scum bag left the vehicle until it became engulfed in flames, killing his daughter?

3. I'm unclear why one of the pursuing troopers didn't search the car and save the child/extinguish the blaze?

Old 04-17-2019, 08:20 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,480,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I'm having difficulty finding the right words to describe how I feel about this so-called human being. My heart breaks for the helpless infant that never had a chance at life.
Just keep in mind...it was due to the drugs, that he made the original decision to NOT stop!! Thats pretty pathetic imo!! (he was scared of police discovering the drugs).

So, something that really shouldnt even be a law, ends up causing so many problems like this, its just more lives ruined or taken, all stemming from this miserable 'war on drugs', to make it 1000% worse, the only reason these drug laws are in place, is so the cartels can maximize their profits and LE can reap some of the benefits (arrests, seizures, etc).

This has to STOP, Govt has NO business creating or enforcing these laws!

Old 04-18-2019, 12:03 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,174,386 times
I wonder if the kid was a 'Jr.'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events