Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 02:26 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,075,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
-why was he speeding
-why was he speeding with a child in the car
-why did he run from the police when caught speeding
-why did he run from the police when caught speeding with a child in the car

But yea, the cops' fault.
Why was he speeding? He was doing 67 mph in a 45 mph zone on a straight six lane wide highway. That is probably the average speed on that highway. Other states have speed limits as high as 85 mph on roads not even that wide, or straight. Which is why the cops love roads like that. They know they can pull over any car they want, which is usually those driven by African Americans.

Why did he run? Probably because he had drugs in his car, and didn't want to go to prison. He also was probably in fear for his life. It's well known that cops shoot and kill many people, especially African Americans, even when they don't have a weapon. It's all part of the 50 year long failed War on Drugs, which has done nothing but increased drug use in this country. Which is what usually happens when you tell people they can't do something. For example: Prohibition. But that still doesn't stop the government from locking up millions of Americans for it anyway.

Why did he have his child in the car with him? What would you propose he do with her? Leave her home alone?

South Carolina Highway 14, near I-85. The location of the initial traffic stop.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 03:19 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Why was he speeding? He was doing 67 mph in a 45 mph zone on a straight six lane wide highway. That is probably the average speed on that highway. Other states have speed limits as high as 85 mph on roads not even that wide, or straight. Which is why the cops love roads like that. They know they can pull over any car they want, which is usually those driven by African Americans.
So, are you saying he was incapable of obeying the speed limit? That he is in some position of authority to determine what speed he should legally allow to drive?

You are saying cops should not ever pull anyone over for speeding, and that should not be a function of their job duties?

Did he or you conduct a survey on that road and determine what the proper speed limit is?

"They know they can pull over any car they want, which is usually those driven by African Americans."

Are you saying blacks, because of their skin color, have a difficult time obeying speed limits?

Quote:
Why did he run? Probably because he had drugs in his car, and didn't want to go to prison. He also was probably in fear for his life. It's well known that cops shoot and kill many people, especially African Americans, even when they don't have a weapon. It's all part of the 50 year long failed War on Drugs, which has done nothing but increased drug use in this country. Which is what usually happens when you tell people they can't do something. For example: Prohibition. But that still doesn't stop the government from locking up millions of Americans for it anyway.
Why did he have drugs? I do not have drugs, never had drugs, why did he have drugs? Does he not know they are illegal? Were those drugs and his going to prison, more important than the life of his kid?

Using drugs is a choice, no one forced him, he voluntarily did this.

But yea, the cops are responsible, such absurd logic, how dare those cops actually enforce the damn law they were hired to do.

Shooting? Cop related shootings are rare, very rare, there are literally hundreds of thousands, millions of interactions between cops and civilians every day that do not result in any violence.

Quote:
Why did he have his child in the car with him? What would you propose he do with her? Leave her home alone?
Where was he going? Where was he going with drugs? What possible important activity did he have where he needed to speed, needed to have drugs, all with his child in the car?

You seem to have grave issues with people taking responsibility for their actions. This guy was irresponsible every step of the way.

Old 04-18-2019, 03:51 PM

388 posts, read 307,395 times
Quote:
But yea, the cops are responsible, such absurd logic, how dare those cops actually enforce the damn law they were hired to do.

Shooting? Cop related shootings are rare, very rare, there are literally hundreds of thousands, millions of interactions between cops and civilians every day that do not result in any violence.

You seem to have grave issues with people taking responsibility for their actions. This guy was irresponsible every step of the way.
I would not in any way defend the choice to leave your one-year-old alone in a (allegedly) burning car,
nor do I think putting himself in this position indicates responsible decision making, but it is absolutely the case that without the useless war on drugs and the prevalence of attitudes like yours which excuse any action cops take in the course of duty, this man would likely not have felt the compulsion to run as he did.

"Following orders" is not a justification for doing bad things. The choice to enforce bad, unconstitutional laws should also be one which people are held accountable for, not excused because they were just doing their jobs.

Old 04-18-2019, 03:53 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,129,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WacoBill View Post
Agreed. The parents of this miscreant had such high hopes for their baby to give him those names. Aside from killing his child, he was not on the good side of the law, at all.
Aside from the pretentious name, how did his parents raise him? Reminds me of reading stories about losers with names like Brandon Rhys Parker IV, who dragged a dog to death behind his truck. Giving a kid a pretentious name means nothing. How about they name them dirtball? It would be more accurate.

Old 04-18-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
So, are you saying he was incapable of obeying the speed limit? That he is in some position of authority to determine what speed he should legally allow to drive?

You are saying cops should not ever pull anyone over for speeding, and that should not be a function of their job duties?

Did he or you conduct a survey on that road and determine what the proper speed limit is?

"They know they can pull over any car they want, which is usually those driven by African Americans."

Are you saying blacks, because of their skin color, have a difficult time obeying speed limits?
I said no such thing. I'm white and I would have a difficult time obeying that speed limit. A straight six lane road with a center turn lane and a 45 mph speed limit is a classic speed trap. It's designed to raise revenue and give cops an excuse to pull people over and search their cars, unconstitutionally without a warrent.

Quote:
Why did he have drugs? I do not have drugs, never had drugs, why did he have drugs? Does he not know they are illegal? Were those drugs and his going to prison, more important than the life of his kid?

Using drugs is a choice, no one forced him, he voluntarily did this.

Which means nothing if you are the one to get shot. All the cop has to do is ask for your driver's license. Then when you reach for it, he can shoot you, claiming he thought you were pulling out a gun, and he can get away with it, even if no gun is found on you. It happens every day. As long as cops are allowed to do that, people will be fearful, and many will run.

Old 04-18-2019, 05:12 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Cloudy, just be quiet. You sound stupid.

As for this 'thing" all I need is a bullet and ditch beside the road. A good alternative? He's not a total loser, he can still serve as a bad example. Lock him up in a cage for the rest of his life in some mall somewhere with a list of the crimes he's committed and what he did to the little girl. People can bring their kids and they can see what they don't want to become.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaAma View Post
I would not in any way defend the choice to leave your one-year-old alone in a (allegedly) burning car,
nor do I think putting himself in this position indicates responsible decision making, but it is absolutely the case that without the useless war on drugs and the prevalence of attitudes like yours which excuse any action cops take in the course of duty, this man would likely not have felt the compulsion to run as he did.

"Following orders" is not a justification for doing bad things. The choice to enforce bad, unconstitutional laws should also be one which people are held accountable for, not excused because they were just doing their jobs.
He was out on bond for drugs, drugs that included cocaine, where no where, not even the liberal of liberal areas, advocate legalizing. He was out on bond, yet still engaged in criminal behavior. This guy had zero intention of acting within the law, crazy anyone would even defend such scum.

He was speeding, tell me where, anywhere in the world, that that is doing "bad things" by a cop pulling him over. That is basic traffic laws, and driving is a privileged, not a right if you want to get into constitutional arguments.

If he was actually obeying the damn law, he would not have ran at all, nor have the compulsion to. The idiot was out on bond from a drug charge, picked up the criminal activity right away.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I said no such thing. I'm white and I would have a difficult time obeying that speed limit. A straight six lane road with a center turn lane and a 45 mph speed limit is a classic speed trap. It's designed to raise revenue and give cops an excuse to pull people over and search their cars, unconstitutionally without a warrent.
If you have a difficult time obeying such a speed limit, and in doing so did 22mph over the limit, you should not have a license. Seems a mental issue with you, really, seriously, if you have some issue with doing the speed limit.

He was not doing 50, 55, he was doing 67.

Looking at the map of that highway, there are many left turn areas and entrance/exits of people getting on the road, no wonder it is 45 on that road.

At that, he was speeding, can't do the time, do not do the crime, he well knew what the speed limit was, knew he had drugs with him, had his kid, zero care he had.

Quote:
Which means nothing if you are the one to get shot. All the cop has to do is ask for your driver's license. Then when you reach for it, he can shoot you, claiming he thought you were pulling out a gun, and he can get away with it, even if no gun is found on you. It happens every day. As long as cops are allowed to do that, people will be fearful, and many will run.
Got it, so you are saying all black people should now not ever be approached or anything when they are breaking the law, they are in fact above the law, the law does not apply, right?

He was running not because he was scared of getting shot by a cop, but because he had drugs, and was out on bond from a drug charge.

Your "the cop might shoot" is the most absurd reasoning I have ever read, absolutely ridiculous that you think a guy, who knows he is breaking the law, is justified in their actions such as this, because "he thinks the cop will shoot him". Pure idiotic reasoning.

Old 04-18-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
If you have a difficult time obeying such a speed limit, and in doing so did 22mph over the limit, you should not have a license. Seems a mental issue with you, really, seriously, if you have some issue with doing the speed limit.

He was not doing 50, 55, he was doing 67.

Looking at the map of that highway, there are many left turn areas and entrance/exits of people getting on the road, no wonder it is 45 on that road.

At that, he was speeding, can't do the time, do not do the crime, he well knew what the speed limit was, knew he had drugs with him, had his kid, zero care he had.

Got it, so you are saying all black people should now not ever be approached or anything when they are breaking the law, they are in fact above the law, the law does not apply, right?

He was running not because he was scared of getting shot by a cop, but because he had drugs, and was out on bond from a drug charge.

Your "the cop might shoot" is the most absurd reasoning I have ever read, absolutely ridiculous that you think a guy, who knows he is breaking the law, is justified in their actions such as this, because "he thinks the cop will shoot him". Pure idiotic reasoning.
You asked why, and I gave you reasons. That is all.

Old 04-19-2019, 03:12 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Everything I want to say about this scum AND some of the posters, would all be censored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events