Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 07:33 AM

17,300 posts, read 22,030,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
He can kiss his gig with Trivago goodbye. Once you get bad press like getting arrested and your mug shot is seen all over social media, no company is going to keep you as their spokesperson. They'll dump him like a hot potato.
Like the Dell kid......got busted with weed and "dude get a Dell" was suddenly "dude doesn't have a job!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2019, 07:40 AM

17,300 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
So how exactly did he get to that point? Was he beamed down from the Enterprise?
Wait until the lawyers get done with it, you might believe Capt Kirk did deliver him!

Local lawyer was DUI in his Porsche stopped in the middle of a major highway at midnight. Cops awoke him, smelled booze asked what happened. He claims the car stalled (cops started it up and drove it to the shoulder). Asked to perform DUI tests: can't blow (claimed asthma), can't do balance tests (claimed bad knees).

Cops couldn't prove DUI. Charges reduced to reckless driving.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:38 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
It's bail, not a fine. You know something we don't about him being some sort of risk to appear?

If it helps, a lot of places are looking at going to lower bails for non-violent offenses because frankly it's unfair to poorer people.

For example, you slap 10k bail on people then the Trivago guy would just make that anyway and STILL get out and STILL get his bail money back where as Julie the waitress or Tom the busboy might have to sit in jail, make no money, lose their apartment and end up possibly homeless.

Old 04-21-2019, 02:36 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
What part of reading comprehension did you miss in school? Re-read the post you quoted, or get someone to read it to you and explain it. I never said he should walk away. I said he screwed up and needs to face the music. Not the crime of the century and not something that should follow him around or effect the rest of his life.
What part of lawyers, fees, fines, licence loss and interlock device don't you get? He's not going to walk and pay plenty. He'll probably lose his Trivago contract.

Hopefully, he'll learn from this experience.

Old 04-21-2019, 02:39 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
1st offenders usually do walk away. Interlock never happens on first offense

I knew a guy that was a salesman, got a few DUIs. They ordered the interlock, so he bought a used car and had them install it on that car. Then he gave the car to his son in law and said drive this (to accumulate miles) and I'll give you the car when the interlock is over. Son in law got a free car, guy kept driving his Caddy with no hassle.
It happened to two relatives. I'm related to losers.

Old 04-21-2019, 06:33 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
$100 seems pretty cheap.
I find him skeevy in those commercials, seems like the kind of guy who hit's on his daughter's friends.
Or maybe hit on his friends' daughters?

Old 04-22-2019, 05:38 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,470,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's bail, not a fine. You know something we don't about him being some sort of risk to appear?

Well, to be fair, he does have residence in Germany and has 2 kids who I believe live there (their mother is German) so perhaps he is a flight risk.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:50 AM

15,425 posts, read 7,482,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
Well, to be fair, he does have residence in Germany and has 2 kids who I believe live there (their mother is German) so perhaps he is a flight risk.
His US address is his mother's house. There is nothing in the public record indicating his passport has been taken.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:10 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
He's a tool for doing this and needs to be responsible. Party all you want, just stay the hell away from driving a car. Could he not have been comped a hotel room somewhere?

I had the feeling he was not the cool wholesome older guy he plays on the commercials. I bet he out parties Charlie Sheen and Motley Crue on his off days.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:29 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,769,968 times
I am not positive but maybe he was able to pay the bond to get out faster. Doesn't PR bond need to be granted by the judge? Harris county jail is notorious for being overcrowded and taking days just to process people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Bail is just money put up to insure that someone appears in court. I'm rather surprised it wasn't just a PR bond.

I would presume that they considered him a low risk of flight.. Which I would agree with. So, the $100 bond is fairly appropriate.. Just.. Seems a PR would have been better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events