Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2019, 09:13 AM

239 posts, read 155,651 times

Advertisements

The title says it all. What is the world coming to when doctors start behaving like drug dealers?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/17/u...ion-drugs.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 10:20 AM

938 posts, read 445,783 times
Like any other profession - you got good people and bad people.
Going to school for twelve years doesn't change that.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:05 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
The only reason these drugs were restricted in the first place, was because they were becoming too great of a competition to cartel supplied street drugs, suddenly addicts didnt need the corner drug dealer to get their fix, and instead went to doctors or pharmacies, the DEA put a quick stop to that though (aiding and abetting criminal organizations...talk about a real govt collusion and conspiracy case!!!)

Old 04-19-2019, 07:16 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,899,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The only reason these drugs were restricted in the first place, was because they were becoming too great of a competition to cartel supplied street drugs, suddenly addicts didnt need the corner drug dealer to get their fix, and instead went to doctors or pharmacies, the DEA put a quick stop to that though (aiding and abetting criminal organizations...talk about a real govt collusion and conspiracy case!!!)
Bet you also think those little blue markers you see on our highways are there to guide the UN troops to take over the US, the moon landing was a hoax, and the earth is actually flat!

Old 04-19-2019, 11:04 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,839,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappleApple View Post
The title says it all. What is the world coming to when doctors start behaving like drug dealers?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/17/u...ion-drugs.html

That's happened throughout the years...not just now. These so called doctors make it hard for people like me who uses an opioid for chronic back pain...

Old 04-19-2019, 04:21 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times
When you go to a drug & pharmaceutical trade show and these doctors are invited to a private room surrounded by sales people in high heels and dressed like adult film stars then you have an industry problem. The doctors are being pressured to prescribe and lucrative opioids in exchange for money and sexual favors. Not many men even doctors can resist human nature.

Old 04-19-2019, 05:54 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,186,055 times
'Dr. Feelgood' isn't just a band from Canvey Island. This ****e has been going on forever.

Old 04-19-2019, 09:00 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,891,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Not sure if this is what happened, but we know for a fact that the cartels are connected to the DEA not sure if it goes up to the top, but they're definitely connected. Everytime something new breaks out they do this, and it does somehow give the cartels more and more power Everytime! The drug cartels are bugger, and more powerful than they've ever been.

Old 04-19-2019, 11:01 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Bet you also think those little blue markers you see on our highways are there to guide the UN troops to take over the US, the moon landing was a hoax, and the earth is actually flat!
Nah, I just saw alot when I was using dope back in those days, when the 2012 prescription drug laws took effect, I had a bunch of friends that were dealers, I saw SOOOO much heroin coming in weeks before the laws took effect, I watched prices go down (specifically for this time frame), I saw numerous ex-pill addicts, making the switch to heroin as a result of the drug laws.

This was planned well ahead of time, the drug cartels knew they were about to get a whole lot more customers, and this could not have happened without alot of help by the DEA.

Dealers were killing it in those days too, one person I knew, made close to $28K in one 7 day period, but they were only getting 3-4 hours sleep per day, the rest of the time, they were 'filling orders' and making deliveries. It was nuts to see all this go down, of course, prices didnt stay low for too long!! LOL When I finally quit and got into a Suboxone doctor, heroin was around $150-180 per gram (more valuable than gold).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events