U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 12:11 AM

15,835 posts, read 13,729,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
So if she was rail-thin, it would've been okay? What does her weight have to do with anything? Jerks come in all sizes.

She looks pretty normal-sized to me.

I take it everyone making these comments looks like Twiggy?
While I agree her weight has nothing to do with it, she is not even close to being "normal" (normal defined as a healthy weight). She is grossly fat, obese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 03:16 AM

4,645 posts, read 1,795,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I suspect these types of vandals will have a tough time getting jobs, considering their escapades will pop up when HR reps google their names.

Oh, good. So even after she grows up, "justice" will haunt her and your taxes will support her.

It appears to be mostly female posters calling her a fat slob. To American men, most of you look like that.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:55 AM

10,685 posts, read 14,483,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
despite females being empowered and the superior gender, criticizing them for ANY reason STILL is verboten here.
Duh, it's the fact that you're trying to turn this into female bashing when gender has nothing to do with stupidity.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:44 AM

1,067 posts, read 298,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Where did it state that?? She put herself in a compromising situation in which people will make fun of her. That is on her.

She is not a normal size nor healthy size for a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
She is not normal sized and definitely should not be wearing a midriff. And no if she was rail thin sheíd still be a vandal. Due to the fact she put herself out there in social media and could barely crawl and hobble over the barricade , it is what it is.

In the initial picture she looks thinner. At any rate, she's simply a jerk, full stop. What does her weight have to do with it? Why not make fun of her for her hair color or race or choice in shoes or any of a million other things about her that have nothing to do with what she did (we've already covered gender). Or, we could simply say she's a jerk and be done with it, because that's what's important and relevant here. Why is it that whenever someone makes the news, their looks come into it, as if it makes the whole thing worse if they're overweight or unattractive or what-have-you? Or is it just that we want to deflect from the real issue, which is that they're a jerk, because it's easier to make fun of their looks instead?

No, really. I want answers to those questions. I'll wait until you come up with something thoughtful and that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
so that makes it OK?

Everytime anyone points out when a female does wrong, comments like this follow. It's almost like how DARE anyone criticize female!!
Get out your GPS, because the point is waaaaaaaay over there. No, it's because people point out they're female as if that's the reason they're doing it, or as if to make a point that women are bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Oh, good. So even after she grows up, "justice" will haunt her and your taxes will support her.

It appears to be mostly female posters calling her a fat slob. To American men, most of you look like that.
It's okay-- to all women, most American men look like that. And then they go on to talk about our weight and we laugh and laugh.

Again, anyone bashing her weight: I hope you're skinny and just got out of the gym.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:21 AM

2,808 posts, read 2,267,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Lip-plumping, twerking, Kardashianified Idiocracy is here to stay in the USA
You forgot the foot-long (okay, so Iím exaggerating a bit lol) eyelashes.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:42 AM

5,105 posts, read 1,008,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
So why do they put a glass barrier around the sculpture? Because of the presumption that, of a few hundred passers-by, someone would do this. We just narrowed it don to the one who would defeat the security.
The glass barrier should have reached the ceiling and be a few inches thicker. I think Destroyer Woman should pay the amount of damage she inflicted. What if that bankrupts her? Well, she should of thought about that before damaging a nice sculpture. Recorder Woman should be held accountable as well.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:10 AM

21,153 posts, read 16,908,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
The glass barrier should have reached the ceiling and be a few inches thicker. I think Destroyer Woman should pay the amount of damage she inflicted. What if that bankrupts her? Well, she should of thought about that before damaging a nice sculpture. Recorder Woman should be held accountable as well.

How do you put a price on a sand sculpture?? The very nature of a sand sculpture is supposed to be temporary, I don't think it would have lasted forever. Not to excuse her at all, she should and will be punished but it should not be "bankrupting" her, that;s ridiculous overkill, as is caning her for the unAmerican poster who wants to see that in this country.

We have a country with big problems, big mental health problems, big problems of loss of connecteness to each other, and all manner of societal ills that are leading to all the problems we are having. As another poster stated, we are already the most punitive country by a mile when it comes to prison, and things are getting worse. Caning people and being happy they can never get a job and will pay for decades for a property crime, is not going to fix it, however it may satisfy the bloodlust of so many.

Old 08-18-2019, 01:12 PM

5,448 posts, read 2,193,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
That is a sumo size teenager.. LOL. I also thought she was in her 20s.
I fail to see what her weight, or how old she "looks" has to do with anything. The police have identified her as a minor.

Old 08-18-2019, 01:18 PM

63 posts, read 9,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It took me 20 minutes just to find that. Here's a chart showing juvenile arrest trends for all crimes that you can see have steadily decreased since 1980, with a short upward trend in the mid-90's. https://www.ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/crime...asp?ID=qa05201 I don't have time to look for more right now.

I grew up in the 70's, kids were most definitely just as if not more delinquent than now. Of course they weren't "Look at me I'm on Youtube", it didn't exist. They destroyed things just for the heck of it. Or because they were drunk or high, or just plain a**holes. But to pretend every other generation of kids had their crap together and today's delinquents are just some anomaly in history is just not accurate.

If they had forums in the 50's, 60's, 70's, people would be on there exclaiming how much worse "kids today" are than they were.

That graph is kind of interesting. In my opinion, the murder rate started to decline with the advent of computer games and gaming systems that started to really come out in the mid 1990s (meaning kids had something to do besides watch TV).

Old 08-18-2019, 01:35 PM

21,153 posts, read 16,908,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortWingate View Post
That graph is kind of interesting. In my opinion, the murder rate started to decline with the advent of computer games and gaming systems that started to really come out in the mid 1990s (meaning kids had something to do besides watch TV).
But the decline started in 1980 and rose higher in the mid-90ís. I was a kid in the 60ís and 70ís, there was plenty to do besides watch tv. We still played arcade games, we just went to the arcade. And the skating rink, or the mall, or just outside in general. Things were way cheaper which made it easier to go out and do things such as concerts, a baseball game, movies, etc. My brother and I went to Phillies games on our own a lot, for something like $3.00 a ticket (1980s). I really donít think kids committed murder out of boredom. I really donít remember being bored as a teen then.

There was a lot of drinking and drug use though which led to stupid vandalism crimes like this. I suppose if video games isolate kids it would cut down on this type crime (she wouldnít have done it IMO without friend there with her) but apparently isolation creates angry mass shooters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events