U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 02:14 PM

40,909 posts, read 3,117,910 times

Advertisements

Both the culprit & the photographer should have to pay the fee to the artist, to make a new sculpture & also pay for a more secure fence. What an idiot she is, no matter size or gender, stupid is stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 02:42 PM

21,161 posts, read 16,908,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Both the culprit & the photographer should have to pay the fee to the artist, to make a new sculpture & also pay for a more secure fence. What an idiot she is, no matter size or gender, stupid is stupid.
I think community service is a more appropriate method of payment. Let her go pick up trash on the beach in front of the hotel all weekend for the next 6 months.. Then she gets to play in the sand like she wanted.

The vast majority of that artists work gets washed away on a daily basis, hard to put any price on that. Aside from that, it’s the hotels loss, not his. I think making her pay for a secure fence is overkill, especially for art made of sand.

In Ocean City, Maryland there used to be a guy that would make unbelievably intricate sand sculptures depicting bible scenes every day. He would spend the entire day building them, whole villages with little camels, etc. then high tide would come and wash it away and he’d be back out there next day. It’s almost a Zen piece of art, in that it represents one perfect moment that won’t last. Pretty amazing to me. I wish I could be that much in the moment.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 08-18-2019 at 03:02 PM..

Old 08-18-2019, 03:17 PM

1,212 posts, read 408,851 times
Quote:
The reach of the media has changed tremendously compared to 30-40 years ago, before the widespread use of the internet. Back then this would never have even been a story anywhere. I think they'll catch them soon. Not sure what the punishment should be though. Maybe several hundred hours of community service. I don't think jail time is warranted though.
Quote:
Again, these acts happened just as much before social media. Theyíre just more public now. I think you're conflating things like typical acts of vandalism such as the sand sculpture with social media stunts such as licking ice cream.
Yes, they've always been there. The easy access and availability of cell phones and Internet access has just allowed more of them to crawl out of the woodwork and from under their rocks. Maybe for better, definitely for worse.

Old 08-18-2019, 04:55 PM

5,654 posts, read 4,200,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
In the initial picture she looks thinner. At any rate, she's simply a jerk, full stop. What does her weight have to do with it? Why not make fun of her for her hair color or race or choice in shoes or any of a million other things about her that have nothing to do with what she did (we've already covered gender). Or, we could simply say she's a jerk and be done with it, because that's what's important and relevant here. Why is it that whenever someone makes the news, their looks come into it, as if it makes the whole thing worse if they're overweight or unattractive or what-have-you? Or is it just that we want to deflect from the real issue, which is that they're a jerk, because it's easier to make fun of their looks instead?

No, really. I want answers to those questions. I'll wait until you come up with something thoughtful and that makes sense.

Get out your GPS, because the point is waaaaaaaay over there. No, it's because people point out they're female as if that's the reason they're doing it, or as if to make a point that women are bad.

It's okay-- to all women, most American men look like that. And then they go on to talk about our weight and we laugh and laugh.

Again, anyone bashing her weight: I hope you're skinny and just got out of the gym.
I have no problem bashing her weight and. I am overweight myself. It is what it is. I donít get butt hurt if someone says Iím overweight because I am. I do work out a lot but have a horrible diet, but thatís on me.
The only way I can minimize it is because my chest, shoulders and back are bigger than my belly

Old 08-18-2019, 08:01 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,582,457 times
I guess she looked at herself in the mirror, got real upset.....
Fat dirty pig.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:14 PM

26,304 posts, read 33,297,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Oh, good. So even after she grows up, "justice" will haunt her and your taxes will support her.

It appears to be mostly female posters calling her a fat slob. To American men, most of you look like that.
LOL. That chick weighs twice what I do. FWIW, there are plenty of American men that are just as unappealing, to us women.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:47 PM

7,089 posts, read 1,523,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think community service is a more appropriate method of payment. Let her go pick up trash on the beach in front of the hotel all weekend for the next 6 months.. Then she gets to play in the sand like she wanted. .
I LOVE that idea!!!

Old 08-18-2019, 09:10 PM

4,998 posts, read 3,454,424 times
Probably overindulged at happy hour some where nearby. Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:23 PM

17,960 posts, read 11,389,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Where did it state that?? She put herself in a compromising situation in which people will make fun of her. That is on her.

She is not a normal size nor healthy size for a teenager.

I'm surprised this beached whale was able to climb over that railing ! (there, I said it ! )

Old Yesterday, 12:47 AM

25,350 posts, read 24,247,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think community service is a more appropriate method of payment. Let her go pick up trash on the beach in front of the hotel all weekend for the next 6 months.. Then she gets to play in the sand like she wanted. ...
I'd like to see this happen. Outdoor community service during the winter is not fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events