Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 07:48 AM

23,790 posts, read 33,254,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
What's happening? The more cameras the more of these acts will be caught and publicized. I really don't think this is anything new. I live in Honolulu and can't believe this went national, though in this day and age I guess I shouldn't be surprised at anything. I just watched the local news and the police have identified the two as local teenagers, not tourists. They also have close up video of the two in kitchen of a restaurant in the mall, which probably made it a lot easier to identify them. The news also showed the person who sculpted the sculpture fixing it.

The reach of the media has changed tremendously compared to 30-40 years ago, before the widespread use of the internet. Back then this would never have even been a story anywhere. I think they'll catch them soon. Not sure what the punishment should be though. Maybe several hundred hours of community service. I don't think jail time is warranted though.
She touched the barricade so much there had to have been prints on it too

Suspect who vandalized large sand sculpture at Waikiki hotel identified
Quote:
Police have identified a minor who was captured on surveillance cameras vandalizing a large sand sculpture at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel.

Authorities said the teen is a Hawaii resident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 07:55 AM

9,723 posts, read 7,546,577 times
I suspect these types of vandals will have a tough time getting jobs, considering their escapades will pop up when HR reps google their names.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:02 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,419,974 times
Give her the tools to create a personal masterpiece, but don't tell her why.
When she's finished, send someone in to destroy it while someone else laughingly films the destruction.

Then make her write and snail-mail two personal $1 dollar checks to the artist and the hotel every day until the piece is paid for (according to whatever value the artist places on it). Order her to film herself writing the checks and post the videos to Facebook every day, but disable the comment section. No attention for her!
I don't care if she has to pay for the next 50 years of her life. She'll never forget and she'll never destroy someone's property again.

The same punishment goes for the bimbo who filmed it.

Putting them in jail?... well, maybe. I think there are better options though.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:17 AM

15,958 posts, read 20,916,161 times
So where are the parents in this? If that was my minor child you better bet I'd make their butt plaster an apology all over social media, which would be the last time they had access to any phone service other than 911 until they paid off the cost of restoration of the artwork.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:30 AM

7,569 posts, read 4,112,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
Female entitlement and privilege is off the charts these days, I doubt she’ll get any more than a minor punishment.
Just like the teenage boys when I was younger.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:02 AM

6,386 posts, read 3,863,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Mail
Girl destroys sand sculpture in lobby of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel

What is happening with all these girls doing stupid unacceptable things in stores? Someone needs to spend a few months in jail or worse for these acts.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/vira...tel/vi-AAFTVX5

I hate to break this to you, but "boys" do stupid unacceptable things in all settings all over the world. Some people-- of any gender-- are jerks.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:30 AM

23,771 posts, read 28,858,887 times
Girls are the Worst!

--- Spanky

Old 08-17-2019, 09:31 AM

4,233 posts, read 2,127,058 times
Well, at least she wasn't peeing on produce or spitting into ice cream, eh?

Old 08-17-2019, 09:34 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,824,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
Female entitlement and privilege is off the charts these days, I doubt she’ll get any more than a minor punishment.
Well, what do you expect? And I'm not even talking about feminism! For the past 30 years, the "princess" trend has been off the charts. Little girls have been called "princess", treated like a princess, and even raised as a princess. A princess can do whatever she wants, right? I mean, she's a "princess". So what happens when those "princesses" become adults and retain the "princess" mindset? Exactly!

(Disclaimer: the constant repetition of the word... "royal family's daughter" is intentional.)

Old 08-17-2019, 09:40 AM

325 posts, read 204,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
the definition of trashy.

This!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events