Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 08:40 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,463,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Mail
Girl destroys sand sculpture in lobby of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel

What is happening with all these girls doing stupid unacceptable things in stores? Someone needs to spend a few months in jail or worse for these acts.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/vira...tel/vi-AAFTVX5

Well, one problem here is using the word "girl," rather than "woman" in the title. "Idiot" would have been appropriate as well. Before opening the link, I expected the "girl" to be some uncontrolled brat laying waste to the sculpture while her parents were filming. But be a little woke - use woman, not girl (would you say "boy" rather than "man"?)
Maybe "impaired idiot" ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 08:41 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,158,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Well, what do you expect? And I'm not even talking about feminism! For the past 30 years, the "princess" trend has been off the charts. Little girls have been called "princess", treated like a princess, and even raised as a princess. A princess can do whatever she wants, right? I mean, she's a "princess". So what happens when those "princesses" become adults and retain the "princess" mindset? Exactly!

(Disclaimer: the constant repetition of the word... "royal family's daughter" is intentional.)
No different than the "boys just being boys".

Old 08-17-2019, 08:48 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
Female entitlement and privilege is off the charts these days, I doubt she’ll get any more than a minor punishment.
Fairly certain having been a teenager myself, that this is more about them being delinquent kids than about them being female. Female privilege, good grief. Acts of vandalism by teenagers and young people are nothing new. They used to pile into cars and hit peoples mailboxes with baseball bats in the 50s and 60s. The only thing that’s new is that it makes the news.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 08-17-2019 at 08:59 AM..

Old 08-17-2019, 08:55 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,874,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
I hate to break this to you, but "boys" do stupid unacceptable things in all settings all over the world. Some people-- of any gender-- are jerks.
I’m thinking of the last three occurrences of stupid things; girl licking ice-cream in a container and replacing it in the freezer, girl sitting on a pile of potatoes at the store and peeing on them, now here is another girl destroying art in a lobby. And you’re correct “boys” will also be just as bad or worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankInPhilly View Post
Well, one problem here is using the word "girl," rather than "woman" in the title. "Idiot" would have been appropriate as well. Before opening the link, I expected the "girl" to be some uncontrolled brat laying waste to the sculpture while her parents were filming. But be a little woke - use woman, not girl (would you say "boy" rather than "man"?)
Maybe "impaired idiot" ...
Girl, boy,,,,,,,,, when they grow up and act like a responsible adult maybe they’ll be referred to as woman or man. Act like a kid you’ll be called one.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:04 AM

110 posts, read 77,105 times
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life." Thank you, Dean Wormer.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:08 AM

11,339 posts, read 16,695,644 times
I would give them 30 days in jail for both of them.

IMO social media has been the downfall of decency.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:14 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
I would give them 30 days in jail for both of them.

IMO social media has been the downfall of decency.
Again, these acts happened just as much before social media. They’re just more publicize now. I think your conflating things like typical act of vandalism such as the sand sculpture with social media stunt such as licking ice cream.

Acts of vandalism probably happen less now because there’s cameras everywhere, then they did 20 years ago.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:19 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
I’m glad I wasn’t there when she did this!! Stupid fat biotch.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:27 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,492,988 times
She showed a complete lack of character. No morals, no respect. Probably a product of institutional daycare.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:00 AM

27,146 posts, read 13,434,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Mail
Girl destroys sand sculpture in lobby of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel

What is happening with all these girls doing stupid unacceptable things in stores? Someone needs to spend a few months in jail or worse for these acts.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/vira...tel/vi-AAFTVX5

Looks like a case of Criminal Damage, so she should be arrested imho.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events