U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Looking over your shoulder
30,386 posts, read 27,933,507 times
Reputation: 81521

Advertisements

Mail
Girl destroys sand sculpture in lobby of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel

Quote:
Female tourist is caught on camera destroying a sand sculpture in the lobby of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel in Hawaii while her friend records the incident.
What is happening with all these girls doing stupid unacceptable things in stores? Someone needs to spend a few months in jail or worse for these acts.


https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/vira...tel/vi-AAFTVX5


.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM
 
286 posts, read 8,663 times
Reputation: 91
It is all fun and games to them but yes you are right... They need to be held responsible and be made examples of!! (Maybe others would not do this)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM
 
Location: California
1,491 posts, read 439,022 times
Reputation: 2635
Pathetic excuse for a person. Too bad she wasn’t in Singapore. She’d learn plenty there. There’s no consequences here anymore for doing anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM
 
Location: Asia
2,764 posts, read 1,116,201 times
Reputation: 2992
I don't understand the desire to destroy other people's property.

But, the stupidity of recording yourself doing so is awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:43 AM
 
Location: Honolulu
1,094 posts, read 1,491,901 times
Reputation: 2409
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Mail
Girl destroys sand sculpture in lobby of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel

What is happening with all these girls doing stupid unacceptable things in stores? Someone needs to spend a few months in jail or worse for these acts.


https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/vira...tel/vi-AAFTVX5


.
What's happening? The more cameras the more of these acts will be caught and publicized. I really don't think this is anything new. I live in Honolulu and can't believe this went national, though in this day and age I guess I shouldn't be surprised at anything. I just watched the local news and the police have identified the two as local teenagers, not tourists. They also have close up video of the two in kitchen of a restaurant in the mall, which probably made it a lot easier to identify them. The news also showed the person who sculpted the sculpture fixing it.

The reach of the media has changed tremendously compared to 30-40 years ago, before the widespread use of the internet. Back then this would never have even been a story anywhere. I think they'll catch them soon. Not sure what the punishment should be though. Maybe several hundred hours of community service. I don't think jail time is warranted though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:21 AM
 
Location: Cebu, Philippines
4,641 posts, read 1,786,303 times
Reputation: 8573
So why do they put a glass barrier around the sculpture? Because of the presumption that, of a few hundred passers-by, someone would do this. We just narrowed it don to the one who would defeat the security.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:09 AM
 
Location: Mount Airy, Maryland
10,570 posts, read 6,019,435 times
Reputation: 16491
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
What's happening? The more cameras the more of these acts will be caught and publicized. I really don't think this is anything new. I live in Honolulu and can't believe this went national, though in this day and age I guess I shouldn't be surprised at anything. I just watched the local news and the police have identified the two as local teenagers, not tourists. They also have close up video of the two in kitchen of a restaurant in the mall, which probably made it a lot easier to identify them. The news also showed the person who sculpted the sculpture fixing it.

The reach of the media has changed tremendously compared to 30-40 years ago, before the widespread use of the internet. Back then this would never have even been a story anywhere. I think they'll catch them soon. Not sure what the punishment should be though. Maybe several hundred hours of community service. I don't think jail time is warranted though.
I'm certainly glad they have identified this woman, hope her name and face are made public. I have no idea what she would do this, and yeah perhaps jail is not right, but she deserves every bit of criticism. Why on Earth would she do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:42 AM
 
3,792 posts, read 3,179,300 times
Reputation: 8098
The definition of trashy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:45 AM
 
Location: USA
18,671 posts, read 9,155,529 times
Reputation: 14020
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Pathetic excuse for a person. Too bad she wasn’t in Singapore. She’d learn plenty there. There’s no consequences here anymore for doing anything.
Caning would stop her from doing it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:25 AM
 
Location: Florida or outside of it
290 posts, read 124,150 times
Reputation: 373
Female entitlement and privilege is off the charts these days, I doubt she’ll get any more than a minor punishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top