Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 09:16 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
I think if she did this to me I wouldn't be able to stop laughing. I mean being handed a note saying "You ugly". I get why she was fired though. She's there to do a job, not pass random notes to the public. If she did this imagine what else inappropriate she was doing. Totally unacceptable to do this on the job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Culture has nothing to do with this. Upbringing does. The female worker apparently had none. She deserved to be terminated for her actions. Maybe she'll learn something about how better to treat people, but I doubt it based on the way she was laughing.

This. Both.
Totally unprofessional.
You would get fired from most places if you did this.
There is a civil manner in which to act in polite society.
This is not even close.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:54 PM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
Silly joke. Sophomoric and silly, but it probably should have been something where the guy laughed it off with the security guard, and he zings her a bit too, both people laugh and move on. Instead, he reports her because culturally speaking, you can't joke like that with a lot of white people. At least he referenced general white people fragility in his explanation for why he reported her.
Wat? White people fragility? Right. We're all the same.

Old 08-18-2019, 12:37 AM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
Silly joke. Sophomoric and silly, but it probably should have been something where the guy laughed it off with the security guard, and he zings her a bit too, both people laugh and move on. Instead, he reports her because culturally speaking, you can't joke like that with a lot of white people. At least he referenced general white people fragility in his explanation for why he reported her.
I'm sorry? In what world of professional customer service (or any employment) do you presume it is permissible to insult customers or clients?

Verbal abuse would be bad enough, but to actually put in writing, then taunt someone to read said note (what is this, elementary school?), is just beyond the pale.

This paragon of virtue you seem to be defending had written another note which read: "You ain't got no alibi"

For those who don't know where both quotes originate, allow me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqn7vXeVCLE

Old 08-18-2019, 06:28 AM

11,129 posts, read 9,760,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
I wonder if these workers, when not goofing off, passing notes and laughing amongst their coworkers, actually ever catch any terrorists.
That was sort of my thought too. And race has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. I would've turned her butt in no matter what she looked like. This person has a serious job to protect the public from people bringing weapons onboard the planes, and she thinks the best use of her time is passing little middle school notes to random passengers. She must do it all day long, because you see her start to tear another piece off that box to make another note at the end of the video. If she's wasting time that she's being paid to secure our skies, then she needs to find herself unemployed. Good for him for turning in her stupid azz.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:40 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,154,552 times
An overweight Homo Erectus calling some white dude ugly. Ironic.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:00 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Wat? White people fragility? Right. We're all the same.
I know, that one made me laugh, too. The things people say.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:01 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Imagine the furor if the passenger had handed a note like this to the employee.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:14 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

For those who don't know where both quotes originate, allow me:
The origin? No. That's just one recent version.

People used to say that chant in my middle school back in the late 70s/EARLY 80s. The cheerleaders even used to say it during games LOL. The rest of it goes:

M-A-M-A.
How you think you got that way
YO MAMA.
Yeah Yeah. YO MAMA.

D-A-D-D-Y.
You don't even know that guy.
YO DADDY.
Yea Yea. YO DADDY.

C-U-T-E.
Don't you wish you looked like me.
I'm CUTE.
Yea Yea I'm CUTE

Old 08-18-2019, 09:24 AM

15,839 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Well she's had her fifteen minutes of fame. Next.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:30 AM

50,794 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Imagine the furor if the passenger had handed a note like this to the employee.
I don’t think that would’ve been nearly as big a deal. I’m sure they get called things like that all the time right to their face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events