U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 04:54 PM

36,215 posts, read 10,760,494 times

Advertisements

Horrific.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 06:43 PM

5,540 posts, read 2,831,430 times
What's worse about subcontracting delivery out is that many of the delivery guys could also be casing your house while they're in there and then selling the info to people who are actually going to rob you. What better way to see who's home, how old they are, what dogs they have, and what their security system is like by delivering something to them?

On the other hand, people are far too trusting as well. I went to pick up a copper cooking set at someone's house and it was a little old lady there by herself. Not only did she open the door to me and let me in, she let me walk through her house to the dining room where the cookware was and when she found out I was interested in dollhouses and miniatures, she also brought me upstairs to see the dollhouse she'd found at an antique store.

Maybe I just look trustworthy, but cheezit!

Of course, then I've gone into strange people's houses to buy stuff I've found on Offerup and Craig's List, so I'm not so smart either.

Old Yesterday, 07:08 AM

10,475 posts, read 12,454,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This poor woman ordered a new washer and dryer set from Best Buy and within minutes of installing them, one of the delivery men beat her with a mallet and poured acetone on her, lighting her on fire.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/p...52e-story.html

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...hqa-story.html
I saw the ring video footage minutes after the murder.......my buddy lives on that street! Best Buy closed the store out of respect.

BB sold the units, they subcontract to JB Hunt (trucking company) to deliver, JB Hunt hired these two guys out of Hialeah to do the job (company was like HK delivery or something). So BB is surely getting sued but so is JB Hunt and the HK delivery is likely out of business.

Old Yesterday, 07:12 AM

10,475 posts, read 12,454,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I'm curious if he has a previous record.
yes local paper noted that.....

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/p...5pa-story.html

Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM

7,053 posts, read 2,545,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post

Thanks! That's what I get for not reading the second link.

Something so horrific...makes me wonder if he's the type that tortures cats and dogs.

Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM

21,232 posts, read 16,941,891 times
Now there’s another one on current events, where an Amazon flex driver stole someone’s dog and then try to sell it on craigslist. They don’t know who these people are that they’re sending to peoples homes and they don’t care.

Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM

15,633 posts, read 17,930,978 times
Everyone is looking for explanations such as the weed and coke (though mountains of weed and coke are consumed daily by people who commit acts no more violent than petting a cat), or some kind of political motivation (please, political disatisfaction could lead to violence, but not this kind of violence).

But looking at what has been reported about this crime, the fact that the killer was at work with a coworker only yards away, with presumably other job locations to get to that morning, and he suddenly just blugeons a woman and tries to set her on fire? It sounds more like a complete psychotic break by someone with an undeveloped frontal lobe (no impulse control) and a low IQ.

This is the act of someone with the mentality and amorality of a serial killer but without enough brain cells to plan his sick attack.

I suspect that a history of this guy's past will show all kinds of red flags going back to childhood.

Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,419,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This poor woman ordered a new washer and dryer set from Best Buy and within minutes of installing them, one of the delivery men beat her with a mallet and poured acetone on her, lighting her on fire.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/p...52e-story.html

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...hqa-story.html

Full employment, places begging for workers, some will hire anyone with a pulse. This crime makes me sick though, poor lady.

Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Everyone is looking for explanations such as the weed and coke (though mountains of weed and coke are consumed daily by people who commit acts no more violent than petting a cat), or some kind of political motivation (please, political disatisfaction could lead to violence, but not this kind of violence).

But looking at what has been reported about this crime, the fact that the killer was at work with a coworker only yards away, with presumably other job locations to get to that morning, and he suddenly just blugeons a woman and tries to set her on fire? It sounds more like a complete psychotic break by someone with an undeveloped frontal lobe (no impulse control) and a low IQ.

This is the act of someone with the mentality and amorality of a serial killer but without enough brain cells to plan his sick attack.

I suspect that a history of this guy's past will show all kinds of red flags going back to childhood.
I agree completely. I think this was probably a person that had child hood problems going back as far as kindergarten. One person earlier noted that he has physical symptoms of fetal alcohol syndrome, and I think he was probably borderline developmentally disabled with some kind of mental issues and it was just a matter of time.Have an epidemic of babies born in this country to drug and alcohol addicted parents. These children do not grow up to be normal. they ave intellectual delays, emotional regulation and control problems, etc.

Even these kids in Flint, who I’ve been drinking water polluted with lead since the time they were babies. They’re going to have problems. We have a lot of children born in this country with problems and a lot of them do not get the problem is taken care of either due to lack of resources are just falling through the cracks of the system. This stuff is getting worse because these kids are now growing up.

Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Full employment, places begging for workers, some will hire anyone with a pulse. This crime makes me sick though, poor lady.
Its not the unemployment rate. Even if it was higher unemployment, most people need full-time jobs with benefits. These are piecemeal jobs that have no benefits whatsoever and sporadic work and pay very little. That is definitely going to result in a lower quality of employee then when the employees worked for the store as regular employees. Companies want to cut cost as much as possible. If doing a background check thoroughly cost $175, many of them will probably just skip it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events