U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 01:33 PM

22,311 posts, read 21,949,156 times

Advertisements

So how much of a problem is dog theft. Will all the people abandoning their dogs I would think anyone would need to steal one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 01:40 PM

3,643 posts, read 2,442,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
A non sequitur? No, it was an analogy pointing out your use of the old 'blame the victim' trope.
I disagree. Another mind reader, apparently. Strictly speaking, the dog would be the "victim."

Old 08-23-2019, 01:47 PM

56 posts, read 6,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I disagree. Another mind reader, apparently. Strictly speaking, the dog would be the "victim."
A dog is property, like a bicycle. The owners were victims of theft.

Old 08-23-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Hope your eyes don't fall out from all of that rolling. I didn't say that someone should sit outside with the dog every second, but when I let my dogs out in the backyard, I did keep an eye on them from the kitchen window from time to time and would have been aware of someone opening my gate and entering my yard. Your last little sentence is a total and silly non sequitur.
"From time to time." LOL! That's when your dog can get stolen - the time you're not looking.

Old 08-23-2019, 02:07 PM

3,643 posts, read 2,442,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delunsa View Post
"From time to time." LOL! That's when your dog can get stolen - the time you're not looking.
? ? ? What on earth does that "what if" have to do with the stolen dachshund? My dogs weren't the ones stolen. Let me break it down for you a little easier then, I am in front of the kitchen window, doing whatever, a window that looks directly out into the yard. I definitely would notice anyone entering said yard by my back gate and whistle for my dogs to come in. If they were going to be out there for any length of time, I would sit on the deck and join them. I did not consider my dogs to be "property" as some other poster stated. They were part of my family.

Old 08-23-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
? ? ? What on earth does that "what if" have to do with the stolen dachshund? My dogs weren't the ones stolen. Let me break it down for you a little easier then, I am in front of the kitchen window, doing whatever, a window that looks directly out into the yard. I definitely would notice anyone entering said yard by my back gate and whistle for my dogs to come in. If they were going to be out there for any length of time, I would sit on the deck and join them. I did not consider my dogs to be "property" as some other poster stated. They were part of my family.
Cool.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:18 PM

2,148 posts, read 627,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So how much of a problem is dog theft. Will all the people abandoning their dogs I would think anyone would need to steal one.
They stole a purebred Dachshund, which is worth money. Dogs are family members, if someone stole my Dachshund I'd be ready to kill them to get him back.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:38 PM

25,393 posts, read 24,309,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
They stole a purebred Dachshund, which is worth money. Dogs are family members, if someone stole my Dachshund I'd be ready to kill them to get him back.
I wouldn't go that far, but I'd certainly do something. My family rescued West Highland White breeders. They were all stupid or had emotional problems. The one sloppy, loving, Springer Spaniel had a problem with food. You couldn't go anywhere near him when there was food in his dish. Years of trying and training didn't help.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:42 PM

26,363 posts, read 33,354,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delunsa View Post
A dog is property, like a bicycle. The owners were victims of theft.
Exactly.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:43 PM

26,363 posts, read 33,354,455 times
Quote:
The owners should not have left the dog outside by himself with no supervision. I am glad he made it back home.
LOL! It's a DOG for crying out loud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events