U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 10:58 PM

36,328 posts, read 10,777,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
They stole a purebred Dachshund, which is worth money. Dogs are family members, if someone stole my Dachshund I'd be ready to kill them to get him back.

The mother-in-law, who lives at the home, said it was a rough few days because they were worried about what someone might do to the dog. That's every pet owner's nightmare.

https://www.weatherforddemocrat.com/...4ec9b83b3.html

We have a mini-dachshund now, and I had one as a child, too. They're very friendly, when socialized as puppies. In another account of this incident, after the dog was handed over to the investigator, he began licking his face, someone snapped a pic, and that's what was texted to the dog's owners. Awww! They are part of the family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 12:06 PM

14,587 posts, read 8,042,133 times
Our neighbors saw someone eying their Boston Terrier. That dog could easily be taken but he's usually out there with him. No one can catch my Yorkie. He runs pretty fast. It's hard for our neighbor to get him outside now that our other dog is gone. We have a 6 foot fence with locked gates. It's a despicable thing to steal someone's pet. I hope they're prosecuted.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:34 PM

5,224 posts, read 1,027,859 times
The dog-nappers were schmucks to steal a dog, particular a Dachshund.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:58 PM

1,568 posts, read 577,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
The 2-year-old dachshund, "RJ," was in his yard when the [now-former] Amazon delivery person, accompanied by her boyfriend, picked him up and drove away.

With the help of much publicity, FB communities, and a neighbor's doorbell video, RJ was surrendered to authorities, and returned to his family 4 days later.

Amazon apologized profusely, and sent RJ a doggie gift basket when they learned of his safe return.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sta...233318157.html
Nice of Amazon to do that, but these delivery drivers! Where are they getting some of these people? A driver from Best Buy, murders someone, an Amazon driver, tries to sell someoneís pet..there must be other stories like this. No one should ever leave their cute and friendly dog outside, if the gates arenít locked. Thatís just asking for trouble.

Amazon and UPS drivers either leave boxes on the porch, or in front of the garage, but recently, a guy walked all the way in the garage and up to the laundry room door, which leads into the house. It creeped me out to see a box sitting inside by the door, since inside a garage is still considered to be inside your house.

Companies should do better at screening and hiring people, or these stories will only get worse.

Old 08-25-2019, 02:08 PM

21,272 posts, read 16,961,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Nice of Amazon to do that, but these delivery drivers! Where are they getting some of these people? A driver from Best Buy, murders someone, an Amazon driver, tries to sell someone’s pet..there must be other stories like this. No one should ever leave their cute and friendly dog outside, if the gates aren’t locked. That’s just asking for trouble.

Amazon and UPS drivers either leave boxes on the porch, or in front of the garage, but recently, a guy walked all the way in the garage and up to the laundry room door, which leads into the house. It creeped me out to see a box sitting inside by the door, since inside a garage is still considered to be inside your house.

Companies should do better at screening and hiring people, or these stories will only get worse.
Don’t forget the DoorDash driver who, along with his buddy/co-pilot, beat a man permanently injuring his leg, because the guy, in his pajamas, didn’t walk out into the street and over to the drivers car to get his food.

These Flex drivers aren’t Amazon employees, they are contract people like Uber, Lyft and DoorDash. I don’t know that they are screened at all. When I had a text saying my Amazon package was delivered but I couldn’t find it, Amazon said they have no contact with the drivers. She just tried to help me find package on some map while I walked around house and then simply re-ordered it for me. I wanted her to call the driver but she said they don’t do that.

Old Yesterday, 08:17 AM

22,308 posts, read 21,949,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
They stole a purebred Dachshund, which is worth money. Dogs are family members, if someone stole my Dachshund I'd be ready to kill them to get him back.
Yep. I read the article and thread. That's why I am wondering how big of a problem is people stealing dogs.

Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yep. I read the article and thread. That's why I am wondering how big of a problem is people stealing dogs.
I knew someone this happened to. One of our nurses at the nursing home had an adorable little ****zu. He came to work with her frequently and was beloved by staff and residents. He was in the yard while she was out there gardening. He got too close to edge of lawn. A car suddenly pulled over next to him and someone jumped out of back seat and snatched him. It took all of five seconds. She never got him back and I cannot even begin to imagine the agony she went through wondering if he was scared or in pain or suffering. Poor little guy. She was tearful for many months. I’m sure the sadness is still a presence in her life when she looks at pic of him, ruining happy memories of him and her kids and everyone who loved him.

Edit: it bleeped the name of breed. Let’s try “crapzu” lol.

Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM

13,873 posts, read 7,561,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Dogs are allowed out in fenced in yard all the time. They donít normally have someone sit out there with them every second. My niece lets her dog out in the backyard fenced in, to use the bathroom she doesnít stand there and watch him. I donít know anyone who does that.

ďWell, she shouldnít have worn a skirt that shortĒ
I do, but my dog is a 10# Papillon and we have hawks in the area. Someone less than a mile away recently had their schnauzer snatched by a coyote or bobcat (they didnít specify). In the near thirty years I have been here, I have only heard of one dog in the area being snatched by a hawk. All of a sudden, we are seeing coyotes being more bold and bobcat sightings as well. Iím not going to scold someone for leaving their dog out but I do warn every adopter of one of my foster dogs to be aware of hawks.

Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I do, but my dog is a 10# Papillon and we have hawks in the area. Someone less than a mile away recently had their schnauzer snatched by a coyote or bobcat (they didnít specify). In the near thirty years I have been here, I have only heard of one dog in the area being snatched by a hawk. All of a sudden, we are seeing coyotes being more bold and bobcat sightings as well. Iím not going to scold someone for leaving their dog out but I do warn every adopter of one of my foster dogs to be aware of hawks.
Yes there was a story last year in PA about a Bijon that was snatched out of a yard by an eagle! The eagle dropped it at some point because they found it several miles away with only minor injuries. I cannot even begin to imagine the horror of watching your beloved baby get carried off to a certain terrifying and very painful death. I donít think Iíd ever really get over that.

Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM

666 posts, read 198,127 times
We have Maltese and I never let them out unless I go with them. We also have a fenced in yard. When I had a 80 lb dog he could go outside alone)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events