Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 09:35 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,553,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Let me get this straight. If the doctor off-ed herself, that's o.k. That is her right under the __________? But if the doctor off-ed herself and, before or contemporaneously with her suicide her two kids, that shows she was mentally ill.

Poster, you have a lot of 'plaining to do.
You seriously don't see a difference between a person who kills themselves and one who first murders their adult kids then kills themselves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 10:56 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,744,154 times
Whether human, primate, or almost any other species of animal, most mothers would fight to their own death to save their children, even adult children. So, yes, killing your children for no apparent reason, even if you're suicidal, probably has roots in some sort of mental illness.

Old 08-25-2019, 11:14 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,553,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Whether human, primate, or almost any other species of animal, most mothers would fight to their own death to save their children, even adult children. So, yes, killing your children for no apparent reason, even if you're suicidal, probably has roots in some sort of mental illness.
Perfectly sane people kill themselves everyday for various reasons, many of them completely understandable. How many sane people murder their adult children? my guess is none of them. What's really odd to me is someone not understanding the difference.

Old 08-25-2019, 11:42 AM

7,067 posts, read 4,510,340 times
There is a theory that people do it to hurt the other parent. Since most people would die for their kids I think it’s more likely a psychotic break.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:52 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
There is a theory that people do it to hurt the other parent. Since most people would die for their kids I think it’s more likely a psychotic break.
I think that's more common with young children. These children were adults, presumably with independent lives and ambitions. I lean towards the ex-wife being angry with the children for some reason, perhaps for siding with their father or refusing to assist with some personal goal or agenda involving the ex-husband.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:00 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Let me get this straight. If the doctor off-ed herself, that's o.k. That is her right under the __________? But if the doctor off-ed herself and, before or contemporaneously with her suicide her two kids, that shows she was mentally ill.

Absolutely. How do you not see the difference?

Old 08-26-2019, 03:24 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,234,555 times
It’s disgusting that she killed her kids. Who knows why. It doesn’t matter. She had no right to steal their lives away.

Old 08-26-2019, 04:49 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
Quote:
I suppose everyone who murders others and commits suicide is mentally ill. The more interesting question is how did that person become so mentally ill that murder and suicide were the only option?

Old 08-26-2019, 04:53 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Another person who "just snapped."

Just because we don't know the murderer's motivation doesn't mean there wasn't any.

Let's say the mother was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's in the recent past, thus the trip to Europe with her daughter to make memories while she still could. Let's say that on her return she accidentally discovered that her son and daughter had secretly made arrangements to have her institutionalized.

This is all speculation, of course, and wholly fictional. I'm just using it as an example of motivation.
Yeah...that seems like a much more probable explanation

Keep fishing through your conspiracy theories and denying the obvious, genius......

Old 08-26-2019, 05:26 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,057,802 times
Quote:

Poster, you have a lot of 'plaining to do.

My post was already self-explanatory, so I do not know what else to say. There are a lot of people who take their own lives who are not mentally ill. Severe chronic pain or terminal illness are just 2 examples of why a normal person would end their life. To kill your own children and take them with you? You have to be very sick in the head to do such a thing. A person with a normally functioning brain could not do such a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events