U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 11:21 AM

2,154 posts, read 628,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ashbury View Post
LMFAO this is the smoothest of smooth-brain takes.
I just don't consider reasons for someone to do this based on logic and reasoning without serious mental illness accompanying it. Do you actually think there could be a legit reason a sane person could have to justify what she did? If so you are probably pretty sick. Or, maybe your brain is too small to comprehend the gravity of what she did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 04:22 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,136,117 times
It's been said that though they were divorced, she never took off her wedding ring. Maybe she was hoping they'd reconcile and then snapped when it didn't happen. It's unimaginable that she'd take it out on the kids, whatever it was.

Old Yesterday, 02:07 AM

700 posts, read 516,530 times
I have been doing more research on this, and it keeps making less and less sense. In the comment sections, I have been reading over and over that people do not believe it was a murder suicide. They believe all 3 were murdered. This is only speculation of course.

Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM

2,154 posts, read 628,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Another person who "just snapped."

Just because we don't know the murderer's motivation doesn't mean there wasn't any.

Let's say the mother was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's in the recent past, thus the trip to Europe with her daughter to make memories while she still could. Let's say that on her return she accidentally discovered that her son and daughter had secretly made arrangements to have her institutionalized.

This is all speculation, of course, and wholly fictional. I'm just using it as an example of motivation.
I think this scenario is incredibly unlikely, but if true, then her murderous reaction would certainly prove that the children's decision to institutionalize her was the right one, wouldn't it? A person who isn't crazy would fight a battle like this legally, not with a gun - that's what a bat-sh$t crazy person would do.

Old Today, 03:46 PM

16,649 posts, read 16,794,677 times
Horrible, what a awful thing to do.

Old Today, 04:16 PM

17,371 posts, read 17,683,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
I have been doing more research on this, and it keeps making less and less sense. In the comment sections, I have been reading over and over that people do not believe it was a murder suicide. They believe all 3 were murdered. This is only speculation of course.
That is interesting.

I often watch shows like Dateline-Real Life Mysteries and they occasionally have shows that depicts a death that the police and coroner insist is suicide and to the family and to laypeople just reading and hearing about the case it seems totally unbelievable that it could be a suicide (like Rebecca Zahau, GF of a multi-millionaire, who was found hanging naked from an outside balcony with a rope around her neck, her wrists tied behind her back and her ankles bound. Yeah sure, this modest female Christian would strip naked, tie a rope around her neck, bind her ankles, tie her wrists behind her back and then scale a high balcony railing to kill herself by hanging, naked in the front yard of a house, on a busy street ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or