Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 07:02 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,864,131 times

Advertisements

Bizarre story. A seemingly well-to-do mother, who is a doctor, fatally shot and killed her 2 adult children, and then killed herself.

She had apparently just returned from a trip to Italy with her daughter and posted on a picture that she "couldn't ask for better children."

Seems like some mental illness issues. We'll probably never know, but I wonder if she displayed any signs of mental illness. Seemingly stable and well-to-do person just snapped. Pretty scary......

https://people.com/crime/georgia-mom...-kids-herself/

https://www.insideedition.com/mother...children-55473
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 07:21 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,058,178 times
I always get extremely angry when someone takes out innocent people before taking their own life. It is her body and her right to take her own life, but only her own. To kill her own kids, yes, she had to be mentally ill. I feel really sad for the husband and the 2 murder victims. RIP

Old 08-23-2019, 07:47 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
I read about this today. I just can't wrap my head around it.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:46 PM

890 posts, read 1,649,280 times
The story seems fishy to me. It could possibly be true, but I feel like the police should question the husband more.

Old 08-24-2019, 01:20 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,674 times
Yes terrible tragedy. I read in a news story that she and her husband were divorced. He’s also a very successful physician in the area . Maybe this was her way of getting back at him for something. Very sad.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:37 AM

16,272 posts, read 10,401,684 times
Well this story certainly does not belong in the Good News thread.

Old 08-24-2019, 08:38 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
The story seems fishy to me. It could possibly be true, but I feel like the police should question the husband more.
What makes you think that the investigation is over?

Old 08-24-2019, 10:37 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,952,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Seems like some mental illness issues. We'll probably never know, but I wonder if she displayed any signs of mental illness. Seemingly stable and well-to-do person just snapped. Pretty scary......
Another person who "just snapped."

Just because we don't know the murderer's motivation doesn't mean there wasn't any.

Let's say the mother was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's in the recent past, thus the trip to Europe with her daughter to make memories while she still could. Let's say that on her return she accidentally discovered that her son and daughter had secretly made arrangements to have her institutionalized.

This is all speculation, of course, and wholly fictional. I'm just using it as an example of motivation.

Old 08-24-2019, 10:46 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,554,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Another person who "just snapped."

Just because we don't know the murderer's motivation doesn't mean there wasn't any.

Let's say the mother was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's in the recent past, thus the trip to Europe with her daughter to make memories while she still could. Let's say that on her return she accidentally discovered that her son and daughter had secretly made arrangements to have her institutionalized.

This is all speculation, of course, and wholly fictional. I'm just using it as an example of motivation.
I seriously doubt that scenario, much more likely she just had a psychotic break. How in the world a mother could murder her two adult children is so baffling to me there's simply no point in trying to understand. Suicide I get, but this? no way.

Old 08-24-2019, 11:01 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I seriously doubt that scenario, much more likely she just had a psychotic break. How in the world a mother could murder her two adult children is so baffling to me there's simply no point in trying to understand. Suicide I get, but this? no way.
It’s happening more and more and increasingly women are the killers. This woman just murdered her two kids a couple days ago out here.

https://apple.news/AsN4sKd_xTbumimW-R-Qs9A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events