U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-23-2019, 07:02 PM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
3,501 posts, read 1,742,723 times
Reputation: 3742

Advertisements

Bizarre story. A seemingly well-to-do mother, who is a doctor, fatally shot and killed her 2 adult children, and then killed herself.

She had apparently just returned from a trip to Italy with her daughter and posted on a picture that she "couldn't ask for better children."

Seems like some mental illness issues. We'll probably never know, but I wonder if she displayed any signs of mental illness. Seemingly stable and well-to-do person just snapped. Pretty scary......

https://people.com/crime/georgia-mom...-kids-herself/

https://www.insideedition.com/mother...children-55473
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-23-2019, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
682 posts, read 513,166 times
Reputation: 2048
I always get extremely angry when someone takes out innocent people before taking their own life. It is her body and her right to take her own life, but only her own. To kill her own kids, yes, she had to be mentally ill. I feel really sad for the husband and the 2 murder victims. RIP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2019, 07:47 PM
 
26,340 posts, read 33,338,251 times
Reputation: 32887
I read about this today. I just can't wrap my head around it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2019, 11:46 PM
 
Location: usa
875 posts, read 1,367,586 times
Reputation: 325
The story seems fishy to me. It could possibly be true, but I feel like the police should question the husband more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:20 AM
 
Location: California
1,583 posts, read 458,702 times
Reputation: 2805
Yes terrible tragedy. I read in a news story that she and her husband were divorced. He’s also a very successful physician in the area . Maybe this was her way of getting back at him for something. Very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:37 AM
 
Location: Mount Airy, Maryland
10,597 posts, read 6,042,268 times
Reputation: 16522
Well this story certainly does not belong in the Good News thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM
 
26,340 posts, read 33,338,251 times
Reputation: 32887
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
The story seems fishy to me. It could possibly be true, but I feel like the police should question the husband more.
What makes you think that the investigation is over?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
8,185 posts, read 4,997,972 times
Reputation: 29895
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Seems like some mental illness issues. We'll probably never know, but I wonder if she displayed any signs of mental illness. Seemingly stable and well-to-do person just snapped. Pretty scary......
Another person who "just snapped."

Just because we don't know the murderer's motivation doesn't mean there wasn't any.

Let's say the mother was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's in the recent past, thus the trip to Europe with her daughter to make memories while she still could. Let's say that on her return she accidentally discovered that her son and daughter had secretly made arrangements to have her institutionalized.

This is all speculation, of course, and wholly fictional. I'm just using it as an example of motivation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM
 
Location: Riding a rock floating through space
2,137 posts, read 622,688 times
Reputation: 5360
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Another person who "just snapped."

Just because we don't know the murderer's motivation doesn't mean there wasn't any.

Let's say the mother was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's in the recent past, thus the trip to Europe with her daughter to make memories while she still could. Let's say that on her return she accidentally discovered that her son and daughter had secretly made arrangements to have her institutionalized.

This is all speculation, of course, and wholly fictional. I'm just using it as an example of motivation.
I seriously doubt that scenario, much more likely she just had a psychotic break. How in the world a mother could murder her two adult children is so baffling to me there's simply no point in trying to understand. Suicide I get, but this? no way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM
 
Location: California
1,583 posts, read 458,702 times
Reputation: 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I seriously doubt that scenario, much more likely she just had a psychotic break. How in the world a mother could murder her two adult children is so baffling to me there's simply no point in trying to understand. Suicide I get, but this? no way.
Itís happening more and more and increasingly women are the killers. This woman just murdered her two kids a couple days ago out here.

https://apple.news/AsN4sKd_xTbumimW-R-Qs9A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top