Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 12:46 PM

23,658 posts, read 13,847,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I'm sure a 400 mph crash is immediate lights out. This is the best way to die - having a great time one second then dead the next.

Do we have any details of the crash?

Head over heels?
Explosion?
Flaming ground meteor?
Blow out of a wheel and a roll over?
Distinigration?

I never knew of her before this incident, so maybe there is a reason why we don't know, why there are no pictures, to save her family and fans anguish. But as one who studies accident investigations, I am curious.

It's like the Thunderbirds crash in the 80s. Flying in formation and when they realized that the guide was not going to pull up (eventually revealed to be a stuck aileron), it was too late.

It's tragic but then again, in their case it was the way it was suppose to be (when flying in close formation like this) and in both cases...........they left doing what they loved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 02:34 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,543,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post

Head over heels?
Explosion?
Flaming ground meteor?
Distinigration?

I never knew of her before this incident, so maybe there is a reason why we don't know, why there are no pictures, to save her family and fans anguish. But as one who studies accident investigations, I am curious.

It's like the Thunderbirds crash in the 80s. Flying in formation and when they realized that the guide was not going to pull up (eventually revealed to be a stuck aileron), it was too late.

It's tragic but then again, in their case it was the way it was suppose to be (when flying in close formation like this) and in both cases...........they left doing what they loved.
I haven't read any details beyond them saying there was a fire involved, I'm just making an assumption based on the fact she was going for another record high speed run that it was quick. Hopefully she didn't burn to death - that's got to be one of the most painful deaths possible.

Old 08-31-2019, 06:54 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,514,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I haven't read any details beyond them saying there was a fire involved, I'm just making an assumption based on the fact she was going for another record high speed run that it was quick. Hopefully she didn't burn to death - that's got to be one of the most painful deaths possible.
I was once told that when people are killed by fire, usually the actual cause of death is suffocation, rather than being burned...fire displaces oxygen, so by the time the fire got to the person, its likely they would already be dead or at least unconscious.

Old 08-31-2019, 04:16 PM

50,470 posts, read 36,126,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I was once told that when people are killed by fire, usually the actual cause of death is suffocation, rather than being burned...fire displaces oxygen, so by the time the fire got to the person, its likely they would already be dead or at least unconscious.
For a house fire, yes, people are most often overcome by smoke trying to find a way out. But in a car crashing and burning you’d be dead from flames long before there would be a chance to suffocate.

Old 08-31-2019, 04:44 PM

346 posts, read 236,683 times
She was really pretty, how sad

Old 09-04-2019, 10:47 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,514,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
For a house fire, yes, people are most often overcome by smoke trying to find a way out. But in a car crashing and burning you’d be dead from flames long before there would be a chance to suffocate.
I dont like to hear that...knowing that she suffered, burning to death.

Old 09-05-2019, 10:25 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,063,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
She was really pretty, how sad
She was super cute i'da married her.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:41 PM

8,343 posts, read 4,328,421 times
I remember Craig Beelove and Spirit of America when I was young. Going fast is the nature of some people.

Old 09-06-2019, 08:59 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,365,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Well, I think it kind of cool that she went out doing what she loved. And thankfully, I doubt she suffered. Maybe she had a second to think "Oh sh**!" And that was it.

Best way to go, IMHO.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:02 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,365,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post

Head over heels?
Explosion?
Flaming ground meteor?
Distinigration?

The story that I read said that the braking systems all failed and it hit something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events